Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "ChineseToTheBone" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 10:55pm

"Diplomacy" - Board Game

Has anyone here ever played the board game "Diplomacy"?

It is focused on forging alliances, cooperating troop movement, and predicting enemy tactics. It was also what helped develop my interest in the First World War so many years ago, as the context for this board game was in fact the power struggle between the seven Great Powers in Europe at the beginning of the 20th century.

I have never tried "Risk", but I heard its gameplay is very similar in that it is also about countries around the world attempting to grab more land for expansion.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 7:05pm

Played it once in History class at which point our team (me and my mate, who were Austria I believe) were knocked out almost immediately. Didn't give a shit though, it meant we spent the next couple of lessons discussing Bad Company 2 and Fallout New Vegas at the back of the class :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, October 17th 2016, 5:00pm

Apparently a Fog of War mode is coming soon for "Battlefield 1". Coincidentally, it was also a variant of the board game "Diplomacy" where you did not know the position of other countries' pieces until they were adjacent to your own piece.

In any case, it seems like Fog of War will just be literal fog over the map for "Battlefield 1", which will reduce visibility and make the weather consistent. I wonder how often it will be played in the future, since it will be another variation of the game next to Hardcore mode.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, October 17th 2016, 8:16pm

Apparently a Fog of War mode is coming soon for "Battlefield 1". Coincidentally, it was also a variant of the board game "Diplomacy" where you did not know the position of other countries' pieces until they were adjacent to your own piece.

In any case, it seems like Fog of War will just be literal fog over the map for "Battlefield 1", which will reduce visibility and make the weather consistent. I wonder how often it will be played in the future, since it will be another variation of the game next to Hardcore mode.

Wrong thread I believe? Especially since, if war broke out, all attempts at diplomacy fell on deaf ears :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, October 30th 2016, 2:30am

I really like how there is a weapon skin for the Geweher M.95 rifle called Galicia. I know it was obviously a bloody battleground within Austria-Hungary back in the First World War, but it was also a pretty important location for Army pieces in "Diplomacy".