Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 2:45pm

wasn't the medical wing mission on hard hard enough for you? i played that mission like, 6 times, and it never was boring.

Edit: Hacks seem to be an isue, too. I am usually not one to jump on that wagon as I rarely really saw someone hack in BF4, but it seems to be a problem here. In the said example where we were fighting the group we were constantly hit with incendiary ammo from nowhere. I heard similar things from other players, this goes beyond the usual wallhack/no recoil haaccusation.

fun fact: that wasn't hacking, that was a bug.
rogue players some times encounter a bug in which they are invisible and can shoot trough matter.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Feb 3rd 2016, 2:51pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 2:55pm

Well there was nothing really hard in this mission, keep in mind, it is one of the first main quests. But the general approach is right. I just want it to be more complex and challenging in the endgame. In the medical wing you had the grenade guys of course, and in the end fight there was the boss with the suppression mechanic. All in all though, once you figured it out it was easy and just took some time. Two of these guys and the dire need to flank and suppress them in order to damage them would have been cool.

I have played MMORPGs quite some time, and stuff like this is really entertaining evern after the tenth time. But yeah as a harbinger of the things to come this mission was cool. If this is all there is to expect mission wise, then it is rather stale.

Edit: I had that bug, too and became visible and attackable again within minutes. Us being decimated happened several times, whether rogue or not, over the course of one hour, in different locations and it was always the same, being hit for a quarter of my health every 5s sometimes burning, no grenades no auto-fire.
Yeah there might have been someone invisible following us around but there was never sound nor visual hints. When I was invisible my fellow group members heard my shots, saw my footprints and so on. You still might be right, yet their choice of storing stuff client side opens up a lot of possibilites.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Feb 3rd 2016, 3:05pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 3:11pm

yup, but you know, that's one of those things that we will not be able know until the game releases, but, considering the ubisoft games i played, if there is one thing ubisoft does good, it's story missions,(and does terribly side missions, although the ones in the division weren't the worst) so yeah, we'll have to see, but at least for pve i have trust in them.

as for the dark zone, well, i honestly didn't have those problems... now i'll just say that i barely played the dark zone due to the dz stuttering/freezing problem, but when i did i played almost only solo as a rogue hunter/protector angel for newbs with my trusty m1a which seemed to work well even though it was a level 5 weapon.

also, levels are separeted, in the beta there were 2 areas which weren't separated by level, but by server, the first was for level 4-7 players, the other for leel 8 players, in the end game, supposedly every 2 zones there should be a shift in generic level, at least regarding the npcs, but i have n idea about server-levels.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Moon Knight

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, February 4th 2016, 2:36am

I caved and preordered the gold edition. I couldn't help it after playing hours and hours of the dark zone. Maxed out to level 12 and still couldn't stop playing.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 8:40pm

Post copied to this thread by yugas42 because of relevant discussion.

K, my thoughts on The Division's Beta:

Good:
- Once the snow starts flying, hot damn this game looks pretty.
- Dark Zone is great if you find a bunch of people that are communicating effectively
- Map is HUGE. They only have a third of it open and it already makes me wish they'd give us bicycles or something.
- You not only have perks for yourself (locked for the beta), but on your guns as well. Having Expert (doubles damage if your target is below 30%) on one of the revolvers I picked up was a godsend.
- Game has a 1911. Heaven status achieved.
- lots of customization, from your gear to your clothes to your guns. Haven't found gun paint yet though :/

Bad:
- Cover system is clunky. No manual jump button hurts vaulting the numerous pieces of cover that litter the streets, and the vault button is Ctrl so it's a little out of the way while you're moving. Parkour mode helps, but it can be overly sensitive at times, making your character vault on top of covered bus stops or try to go back up the rappel line you just came down.
- no fast travel to the Dark Zone entrances. You can FT to base though.
- Weapon balance is single player-grade with Borderlands-style flair: start with shit, and work your way up to the high-end legendary gear. Could be a problem once everyone starts running around the Dark Zone with M1As.
- Rioters are lethally accurate firing gangster-style with their pistols and Tec-9s.
- RPG times to kill break the immersion. A guy should NOT be able to tank a buckshot facial and only have it strip his armor.
- UI isn't very communicative. Doesn't tell you you're full on a certain consumable, and tells you how much dark zone cash you picked up via a little stationary flag that isn't part of your HUD so more often than not you run away from it and never see it unless you open up your inventory. Weapon damage -- unless you select the gun -- is shown in damage per second rather than damage per shot.
- Respawn times for crates in the Dark Zone are way too long. Was walking around for literally two hours this morning looking at all the crates and none of them had resupplied.
- it's WAY too easy to go rogue. Guy steps into your shotgun's line of fire? BOOM! Rogue. Now have fun taking out the entire mob of agents that's hunting you down for the next minute and a half.
- Manhunts (results from a player killing spree while rogue) can easily be exploited. There's a scaffold next to only available safe house that only has one way up: a rappel line that you can't shoot from. Can't shoot anyone up there because the apartment across the street isn't accessible, can't shoot through the scaffolding because no penetration. Only thing you're limited to is spamming explosives, which can easily be circumvented with med kits and healing abilities. Saw a whole rogue squad stuck up there for something like 15 minutes (we were also dealing with the elite rioters that were around the corner) until every one spammed sticky bombs at the same time.

Ugly:
- new varieties of Ubisoft-brand Artificial Stupidity. No stealth mode that I saw, but I had one instance where most of the enemies in one location didn't give two shits about me lighting up their boss, and even after that none of them thought to try flanking me. Also: one of the Encounter missions involved defending a VIP from rioters. Simple enough, until the VIP took the same piece of cover as me and blocked me in until he moved.
- Player character animations are buggy. Sometimes they'll stop partway though, leading to the infamous "player character on wheels" bug that's common in BF4. Also died in a weird position one time (normally supposed to be on your hands and knees crawling). Another time I was stuck when doing the "surrender" emote and all that I could control was my left foot until everything decided to unbork itself.
- aforementioned snow can cause frame drops at night if it's heavy enough and when the lights are on.

Overall: It's fun enough in beta form. Can't wait for the full version to open up everything.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "yugas42" (Feb 20th 2016, 11:07pm)

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 11:17pm

I think I may just buy this game eventually. I refuse to pre-order anything, and even at that, I think I'll give it a month or two after launch to see what it really has. The beta is so limited that I have a hard time judging whether or not the game is worth $60. I'm kind of surprised at just how stable the game is, as well. I've got a massive bottleneck in my PC in the form of my graphics card and even then I'm managing 30-40 fps on the high settings it auto detected, I imagine once I upgrade the GPU later this year the game will run fantastically. So far no crashes or server issues, either.

The dark zone match making has tiers in it and I understand why considering how much stronger the higher level weapons are, but if a friend of mine from a lower DZ rank wants to join with me and play, it should warn them that they might get destroyed by better geared players, but shouldn't outright prevent them from getting into my game. I ended up playing for a few hours before anyone else I was going to play with got online, and I ended up in a higher tier DZ and I haven't been able to play with them because of it. I suppose I could go rouge a bunch and de-rank, but if that's the solution, I don't care to try.

Gunplay wise it all feels pretty good for a third person shooter. The cover system could use a little bit of work but their auto-route system between pieces of cover is great and lets you stay ducked down while running. I have no idea how the overall balance will be, of course, because they locked us out of every single character progression system they have. Oh well, just have to wait and see I guess, but it's the first time Ubisoft has made a game that I will consider buying in at least the last two years.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 12:33am

I think I may just buy this game eventually. I refuse to pre-order anything, and even at that, I think I'll give it a month or two after launch to see what it really has. The beta is so limited that I have a hard time judging whether or not the game is worth $60. I'm kind of surprised at just how stable the game is, as well. I've got a massive bottleneck in my PC in the form of my graphics card and even then I'm managing 30-40 fps on the high settings it auto detected, I imagine once I upgrade the GPU later this year the game will run fantastically. So far no crashes or server issues, either.

The dark zone match making has tiers in it and I understand why considering how much stronger the higher level weapons are, but if a friend of mine from a lower DZ rank wants to join with me and play, it should warn them that they might get destroyed by better geared players, but shouldn't outright prevent them from getting into my game. I ended up playing for a few hours before anyone else I was going to play with got online, and I ended up in a higher tier DZ and I haven't been able to play with them because of it. I suppose I could go rouge a bunch and de-rank, but if that's the solution, I don't care to try.

Gunplay wise it all feels pretty good for a third person shooter. The cover system could use a little bit of work but their auto-route system between pieces of cover is great and lets you stay ducked down while running. I have no idea how the overall balance will be, of course, because they locked us out of every single character progression system they have. Oh well, just have to wait and see I guess, but it's the first time Ubisoft has made a game that I will consider buying in at least the last two years.

Tom Clancy's The Division 01 30 2016 01 23 32 02 - YouTube
i wouldn't call that "stable", rainbow 6 siege is stable.

i've always got in the dz at level 8, so i can't really say much there.

i've played tps with better gunplay(i liked ghost recon and mgs4 a bit more) but i must say, this is WAAAAAAYY better than watch dogs,also the guns should be a lot more, don't know if they l'become available at higher levels or from the start though.

oh right, you didn't buy rainbow 6...
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 12:52am

Tom Clancy's The Division 01 30 2016 01 23 32 02 - YouTube
i wouldn't call that "stable", rainbow 6 siege is stable.

i've always got in the dz at level 8, so i can't really say much there.

i've played tps with better gunplay(i liked ghost recon and mgs4 a bit more) but i must say, this is WAAAAAAYY better than watch dogs,also the guns should be a lot more, don't know if they l'become available at higher levels or from the start though.

oh right, you didn't buy rainbow 6...

Well it's very nice for whoever that guy is that he's having stuttering. The group of people that I have been playing this game with now for the better part of 2 days have had no major performance issues. I fell through a map once in the very first mission to unlock the medical wing. Since then I haven't had any issues at all. My framerate is a bit low, but stable, and I've already explained why it's low.

And you're right, I didn't buy Rainbow 6, and I'm still quite happy that I didn't. Ubisoft is trying to force it to be a competitive game because it's very pretty looking, but has some of the worst multiplayer latency I've ever seen. I quite often watch other people play Rainbow 6 because I do prefer to keep up on my knowledge of games that I trash talk; all I ever see when he plays online, mind you with an internet connection better than mine, is people killing him when they have their backs turned to him on his screen.

I'm not going to sit here and say that The Division is flawless, because it sure as hell is not. I think, though, that it's the best game Ubisoft has pulled out of their ass in a while, which is a refreshing change.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 12:56am

that's not me, but i have the same exact problem, in the closed beta i had a couple times in which i was able to play in the dark zone, in the open beta, so far, not even once, you can ask krolman how ridiculous it was, i even had to use teamspeak because i couldn't hear him/talk trough the voip during that stutter, but hey, at least pve works fine...

i actually am really happy i did, theresometimes weird things going on, but as battlefield 4, more often than not they're explainable, and it is a really fun game, i think it's worth the 45 i spent on it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,368)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 21st 2016, 1:27am

Their PvP concept is stupid in the current form. It is a gear race, with the best loot obtained by doing PvE in a PvP area. Once you and the other players grasp the concept you will rarely see anything but PvE grinding. However once you are max rank and got your goldtier weapon there is no incentive for anything else but "PvP", which is, because of the punitive nature of the rogue system, a treadmill of ganking loners and then being swarmed to death by the whole zone.

Now do not get me wrong, going rogue should be punished and they did change the most pressing issues, but the incentive did not change. I saw only minor PvP action that was not instigated by me, but when we entered the manhunt stage it was a countdown to failure. We fortified ourselves in the underground and stood our ground for four minutes to be killed by six people coming repeatedly. Then we fortified ourselves on a roof with a ladder as the only way up. After 10 minutes or so and with 30 seconds left on the countdown we were swarmed by eight people. In the end the eighth guy killed the last of us and seven were lying down or had to spawn back in. THe second time we got the cooldown to end and received 600$ for the time again after having farmed ten guys or so. I do not know what the guy got for killing and looting us, but I doubt that anyone of the 13 people involved had any kind of fun with that. Either way people got farmed, and they certainly did not get anything out of it, we gained 300$. And all of that took twenty minutes of our and their time.

Had we all banded together to kill PvE mobs and loot chests, we would have likely received more in terms of money and progress.

So the best chance of doing PvP right now, if that is one's understanding, is to gank a loner and let the 90 second timer wear off. Or you can hold off as long as you can as a group and farm people like us. That is what is being promoted right now in the Dark Zone. Both is not what I call PvP at all. So you are left with less than challenging PvE mobs and hunting people who accidentally went rogue (which is still too easy).

The Devs said though that the End Dark Zone is totally different from what there is now, though. I honestly have no clue how they can change mechanics just because there is a lvl 30 dark zone. Sounds like marketing bullshit to me, because they know what is wrong with their game. Yet we will know in two weeks time.