Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 3:51am

The Division

beta started.

destroyed npcs, climbed ladders, got stabbed in the back by a friend i randomly met in the dark zone.
7.8/10 ign too much snow
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Moon Knight

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 4:39am

Been waiting for a thread to pop up. I have to say, I'm reaaallly tempted to preorder for $42.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 4:56am

Been waiting for a thread to pop up. I have to say, I'm reaaallly tempted to preorder for $42.

i honestly don't think i will, the game is fun don't misenterpret, but it is rather empty, with lack of guns variation(found like, 5 guns in 8 hours of gameplay) no ads on nanything but the high powered scope and acog, and also the map wihile detailed, it feels just empty(although that could be just because it's a beta)

i must say, i've enjoyed way more the rainbow 6 beta.

also when going in the dark zone 1/2 times it will give me some weird stutter, like as if every 5 seconds the game freezes for 2, i got killed various times for that.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Moon Knight

I didn't participate in off topic so all I got was this crappy title

(279)

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 5:12am

i honestly don't think i will, the game is fun don't misenterpret, but it is rather empty, with lack of guns variation(found like, 5 guns in 8 hours of gameplay) no ads on nanything but the high powered scope and acog, and also the map wihile detailed, it feels just empty(although that could be just because it's a beta)

i must say, i've enjoyed way more the rainbow 6 beta.

also when going in the dark zone 1/2 times it will give me some weird stutter, like as if every 5 seconds the game freezes for 2, i got killed various times for that.

Perhaps I'll wait it out, then. Seems the known weapon listis viable (at least for me).

Never played Siege, but it looks stressful as shit, so I haven't bothered. Never been crazy for RB6 games, anyway. To me, this game looks like a refreshing change of pace compared to normal shooters. I will definitely buy it eventually, it's just that I'm unsure whether to preorder or not. I don't ever want to repeat catastrophic launch failure of BF4.

Spoiler Spoiler

Will it protect against STD's?

I'm a fan of the show, but not a "Brony". I don't obsess over it, but I do watch it and enjoy it.

That's like saying "I suck dick, but I'm not gay."

Fuck dubstep

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 5:25am

Anyone one wanna play my accuount is Krolman_pl
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 30th 2016, 5:25am

That's the cool factor of r6s: it's stressful, makes adrenaline pump and heartrate go trough the roof, it makes you feel alive.

The division on the other hand, I'd say tries to immerse tou in a new world, with unpredictable players and encounters.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 4:23pm

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

the last 3 images were made a couple hours before i got the scar-l
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Tuesday, February 2nd 2016, 8:52pm

Liked it, though not enough to be absolutely hyped for it and preorder.

I'll get it if there's enough fun SP content or the community isn't as saturated by pure assholes, cheaters also were a problem. I'm used to grind, I've played Warframe for nearly 4000 hours, I just want to have more variety in said grind.

They also need to equalize ADS sensitivities because stuff's all over the place.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mofixil" (Feb 2nd 2016, 9:00pm)

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,416)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 2:29pm

I have a couple of problems with this game, after 15 hours in the beta. The PvE does seem fine on the whole, yet a bit empty, though this could be for beta reasons. I do hoppe that you will have, as it is an MMORPG on the whole, PvE instances or raids that you can do in your group of four and that are quite hard to do. Can be grindable, I do not mind going through certain missions over and over for loot, as long as they are made decently. They can take some time too, from 20 minutes to 2 hours, I am fine with that.

However I have not seen enough gameplay to expect too much PvE outside of Dark Zones, the medical wing mission was alright for starters though, I hope they can keep up with that with more intersting and challenging mechanics.

Then I went to the Dark Zone quite early, which they pitched as the game's endcontent and was largely disappointed by it on the whole. It was quite fun at start, because you had people looking for the PvE mobs and gain loot, extract and explore. You had the typical gankers that hunted players and were hunted down because of their rogue status. Quite intriguing at first, so people were shot at, got shot, went rogue, got loot and so forth, pretty funny.
Then people realized that you do get the best stuff in the Dark Zone, but you do not loot them from players nor mobs, but you get them from vendors for the Dark Zone currency. And the best way to get this is to just kill the NPCs. Every second mob drops around 50 cash and in order to get the best gear you needed probably 5k which means 200 hundred mobs. The loot you gain is largely crap after you got the first stuff from the vendors so you just sell it and gain PvE cash en masse, which you can invest into second tier gear to fill in blanks or nothing.
So you had farming groups either stationary at a location or moving around the spots. PvP rarely happened at all for quite some time. Then people with more playtime got bored and did what happens in DayZ all the time, when you got your gear, you farm and gank people. I was trying to explore with my group the mechanics of PvP and we started to engage more (or at all). So we hit on lonely people or smaller groups at first and we found out that killing one guy, and let the rogue timer wear off is easy and gives you quite some rewards. However going agains more than one person will almost inevitably result in your death, because you get swarmed by the whole server. Also when you die you often enough lose more than you gained.

We had killed two guys and sealed ourselves off on a roof with only one ladder as entrance and got to stage 5 of rogue, which gives you a timer of five minutes to wear off. Well people could see us from everywhere and started to engage in larger numbers. So we killed another two, then three, then two again, three again and then they came at us with six people and swarmed us. On the whole we gained 1000DZ currency and then lost 700 plus loot, rank and keys. So on the whole we gained a little money and lost quite some stuff otherwise. I am not sure about the mechanics for people killing rogues but I got 1000 for killing a stage 5 guy, yet I doubt anyone else got something, especially not the guy that got killed before I finished him. So on the whole maybe two guys got something out of killing us, we gained a little and lost a lot, had no chance of getting the timer to wear off, and I am pretty sure it was quite an annoying experience for the guys that got ganked and farmed as they tried for revenge.

In the beta, the rogue system or the PvP in general just did not pay off. I am all for punishing people ganking others, the system is alright. However marking them across the map with no chance of getting away is overkill. Then you gain everything that you could gain from the risky PvP by doing PvE, and at a higher rate. Or you make a group and gank lonely people because the tier one timer is easy to wear off (and nets you 200 plus the loot). And then you run or hide.

However in the end you saw increased PvP activity naturally, because people got their tier 1 stuff and could not rank anymore and had nothing to lose really. I guess this can be really frustrating if you try the DZ for the first time at a later stage.
THis brings me to the gear gap. Allowing PvP in a zone where there can be a damage/health gap of 100% is a really bad idea. People with top equip have all the advantage, so it might turn out to be a powerlevel race to get the best stuff at release and then farm the lowies. I am not sure how transitioning between the six different darkzones will work and if you will be scaled according to your level and rank, otherwise people at lvl 30 yould just farm lvl 10s all day.
On the other hand where is the incentive of getting the best gear in a PvP zone, if it does not make a difference in your stats? So scaling might be a bad idea after all in a game so focused on gear drops.

And all in all to conclude my complaints, the mechanics shown in the Dark Zone do not really impress me at all in terms of endgame. Do they want me to farm the same mobs all day long for weeks? That is not motivating nor challenging, the medical wing mission was more entertaining.

One thing though that I saw made me hope. We were in a group of four and met another group that were open for PvP. So we battled and got destroyed constantly. They did not mind going rogue and neither did we. Still positioning and tactics can make this game a lot of fun. But this was one occurence in 10 hours Dark Zone. Most people will just quit and look for a new Dark Zone instance if they get interrupted in PvE or when ganking smaller groups.

As for improvements, I do not know, maybe it will work with release, from this small portion of the game we can not really deduct everything, but the mechanics need to change drastically with the whole world implemented. The timer needs to be reworked I guess, when engaging and only increasing when killing. The PvP vs. PvE balance needs to be reworked, otherwise people will never PvP. Or they could leave it as is and add (if they have not done so) modes and instances were PvP is mandatory maybe like the Medical mission but in a PvPvE environment.

Edit: Hacks seem to be an isue, too. I am usually not one to jump on that wagon as I rarely really saw someone hack in BF4, but it seems to be a problem here. In the said example where we were fighting the group we were constantly hit with incendiary ammo from nowhere. I heard similar things from other players, this goes beyond the usual wallhack/no recoil haaccusation.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, February 3rd 2016, 2:39pm

Player information is stored client-side. There is no server-side verification or sanity checking.

wp Ubishit.

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"