Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

• "Mofixil" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 6:45pm

So apparently there was a leak of EA accounts...

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 6:50pm

Fucking excellent! X(

Go change my password now. Don't really give a monkeys about the email, for one I can't change it cos Origin is a pile of shit, and for two its barely used for anything else...

Thanks for the heads up Moxxy :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 7:00pm

Thanks for the heads up. At least they inform us when something is leaked from their databases...

Edit: Hmm some of the articles regarding this same event say it wasn't a databreach to EA's servers. Wouldn't be anything new that a shitton of accounts were pished, cracked or stolen by other means.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 7:02pm

Thanks for the heads up. At least they inform us when something is leaked from their databases...

Are you saying they did inform us? I don't see shit!
Email goes to a shared inbox so I'd hear something from family if anything was sent to it...I could check but it would mean moving :(

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,883)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 7:07pm

Are you saying they did inform us? I don't see shit!
Email goes to a shared inbox so I'd hear something from family if anything was sent to it...I could check but it would mean moving :(

True they didn't inform us, but if it's true it wasn't database breach (in which case most if not all accounts would be compromised) then it ain't EAs fault if people keep using top100 passwords or falling to pish attacks.

Also took the liberty to update topic title to something more informative.

Edit: Also dunno where I got the idea of them informing us :D. Brainfart perhaps.
Edit2: Also shared email?! :50watts:
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 7:21pm

Edit2: Also shared email?! :50watts:

Yeah, its a really really old email address that's been used at some point by me, Mum and sister. Generally we don't use it for anything anymore but there are still a couple of things tied to it (IE Origin) that we either don't care enough to change or can't change at all (IE Origin...).

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 7:31pm

I've never had a virus/malware or shared my passwords or accounts with anyone, but thanks to idiots I'm constantly forced to make up new passwords... ffs.

Guess it's finally time to to a full sweep and change every single password to a random mess that not even I will know... Yes, it's back to pen and paper.

Thanks idiots.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 7:48pm

Yes, it's back to pen and paper.

I feel like this is the only way to go, I've been debating on doing this for months but I want to get like a nice random password generator cause humans are used to patterns
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Mofixil

Sometimes I just get blinded by hate. And tears.

(377)

• "Mofixil" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jul 27th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 8:09pm

Yes, it's back to pen and paper.

I feel like this is the only way to go, I've been debating on doing this for months but I want to get like a nice random password generator cause humans are used to patterns

1. Pick a quote.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
2. Apply random filter or any kind of noise, really, whatever.
[email protected]!
3. Here's a password that would take a bit of time to bruteforce while not being mindnumbinly hard to remember.
4. ???
5. Profit!

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, October 17th 2015, 8:42pm

This would all be avoided with a 2nd step verification (phone number or something of the sort). Steam has it, so i never really bother with passwords and leaks.

Origin needs2gitgud.

edit: never mind, Origin does have a 2nd step verification. Turning it on right now.