Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, September 28th 2015, 4:52pm

logitech 303, 402, 502 are all nice recommendations and mostly available at your local best buy to test the grip. 502 being kind of heavy, 402 being lighter but slightly different grip. 303 being very love/hate claw grip style

madcatz RAT TE (better sensor firmware and much lighter than the RAT7 series) - this is what I use; had to give up the G502 because it was too narrow and causing hand cramps. I used my leftover RAT7 parts to gain the extra customization back

both have solid software suites

all I can think of for now

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, September 28th 2015, 4:56pm

4realsies, though, i've heard a lot of good things about Logitech mice. The G502 might be what you're looking for, though it's 130-ish g heavy.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, September 28th 2015, 5:08pm

@marbles

Short story long because I'm procrastinating: I used to do semi-competitive mountain biking and there bike weight is kind of an issue because it's mass that you need to drag with you up the hill. Saving 50 g or 100 g @ 100 extra per part (to save many kilos over what you'd get in a budget bike) was a fairly commonplace, so, say 2000 to shave 2 kg away (ofc the last grams are way more expensive than the first). And this is ultimately at around a 15-20% total weight reduction.

Now the mice. You can get a 87-99 g mouse (Zowies) with approx. the same price as you'd pay for a 150-170 g mice (Logitechs etc.). It's like 33-50 % weight reduction and for free :D . ...edit: G502 is claimed only 121 g empty, sound good.

But seriously, less inertia = more accuracy :).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, September 28th 2015, 5:18pm

Using g502 after using a razer Mamba liking it so far only thing is that it like everyone said on the "heavy" side. also cord can be a little stiff.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, September 28th 2015, 5:45pm

G502 is pretty nice. My EC-1 died two months ago so I went to BestBuy and picked up whatever they had. Logitech mice are a little on the heavy side but otherwise really nothing to complain about.

Well that and that the frontmost thumbbutton is badly placed. I often accentuate it accidently when swiping fast from left to right because it protrudes so far down (i.e. When I rest my thumb beneath the thumb buttons part of my thumb still covers the frontmost thumbbutton). They should have gone for G500-style thumbbuttons instead IMO.

The scroll wheel could be improved slightly too. It's too easy to accidentally accentuate the sidescrolling buttons when scrolling fast.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,514)

• "marbleduck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, September 28th 2015, 5:51pm

Here are your adapted requirements:

At least 3500DPI nah, just change it in game, so, Check
At least two side-buttons, one for push-to-talk, one for the getting-in-helicopter macro. I'd totally spring for a mouse with more than two side buttons, though. Check
Four-way scroll wheel is preferred, but is not necessary Check
Some sort of macro driver-software-thing. So the Zowie mice aren't going to work. Check
0-150USD. More if there's something really, really, appealing. Check
Razer is shit. Nothing from Razer, please.
Check

See, Sun's suggestion fits the bill.[/quote]

Is DPI/sensitivity linear?

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, September 28th 2015, 6:42pm

G502 is pretty nice. My EC-1 died two months ago so I went to BestBuy and picked up whatever they had. Logitech mice are a little on the heavy side but otherwise really nothing to complain about.

Well that and that the frontmost thumbbutton is badly placed. I often accentuate it accidently when swiping fast from left to right because it protrudes so far down (i.e. When I rest my thumb beneath the thumb buttons part of my thumb still covers the frontmost thumbbutton). They should have gone for G500-style thumbbuttons instead IMO.

The scroll wheel could be improved slightly too. It's too easy to accidentally accentuate the sidescrolling buttons when scrolling fast.

I've never had the problems with it that you're describing. Although that's probably more a difference in games rather than a flaw of the mouse. My forward button is bound to marking targets in GW2 and I can't think of a time where i've ever really bumped it. My thumb rests by default on top of the back button, which is bound to Teamspeak PTT. The sidescroll buttons are bound to dodge and CTRL for skill modifiers, and I don't seem to have much trouble with either of those. It's probably got a lot to do with how you hold the mouse.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, September 28th 2015, 6:56pm

4realsies, though, i've heard a lot of good things about Logitech mice.

I've owned two, both ~50-60 and neither lasted more than two months...
Deathadder I had prior to my last attempt at using a Logitech mouse cost 45 and lasted me almost 2 and a half years :P

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, September 28th 2015, 7:09pm

I like my G700s, but it chews through the battery (1,2V AA, 2400 mAh by Ansmann, originally came with a Sanyo 1900 mAh eneloop - my reserve battery now) in about five to seven hours of gaming, using 1000 Hz polling rate and "Max Gaming" power setting. I keep four batteries so I can use one while charging the other two and have one in reserve. Using it wired is a possibility, but the default cable is much to stiff and badly restricts movement. Nowhere near the quality of other Logitech cables. It works with any other USB-to-micro-USB cable, though (incl. my smartphone charger cable), so you can easily adapt a more flexible cable to it when you need it. Using it wireless also adds the weight of the battery to the mouse, making it rather heavy.

While it's big and not exactly light I can comfortably use it in a claw grip. The sensor is pretty far forward on the mouse, IMO incentivizing that type of grip.

It has a comprehensive driver suite, freely scalable DPI from 200 to 8200. Four thumb buttons, three extra index finger buttons (useful in MMOs), one central button and a five-function mouse wheel, all of which can be freely configured and even saved onboard.

BTW I got it in January 2014, and it's been holding up like a champ so far.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, September 28th 2015, 7:32pm

@marbleduck
from the quick google check I just did, yes. DPI is the mouse sensor's accuracy, sensitivity is just a flat multiplier of the speed. A mouse at 100 DPI with 10X the sensitivity will move at the same speed as a 1000DPI mouse, but it's gonna be more twitchy and temperamental with its precision than the 1000DPI mouse.

In either case, the Zowie goes up to 3200DPI IIRC. close enough?

(IMO: I never go that high. 1600DPI is enough for me. Besides, that would mean changing the scroll wheel color and I like blue <.< )
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)