Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

• "Krolman" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, March 29th 2015, 12:43am

Tips and Tricks in Using the Symthic Forums

Now everyday( or every other) New users come onto these forums without knowing some of these tricks so I will be sharing some with you.

1. You may have used our wonderful search tool before, but did you know that you are able to search the fourms with the power of GoogleÖ all you need to do it paste this[ site:forum.symthic.com ] before you search for something like this

Example 1

2. If you every wanted to Quote someone with out needing to include their wall of text you can simply , press enter type(or C&P) their name with a @ in front of their name no spaces and enter once more.

@Krolman

When that person gets quoted it will look like this when they are on the front page of the forum

Example 2

3. You may want to only quote a certain part of someone else To do this Highlight the part you like to quote and then click the quote button on the bottom right of the post and select "Select message to quote"

Example 3a

It will then save it to the quotes tab,

Example 3b

when you want to use it hit reply then go to the quotes tab and then click on "insert quote". I should paste the quote in too Message box.

Example 3c

4. There is even a faster way to do #3 simply highlight what you like to quote and then click the quote button and select "Quote selected text direclty", Like this. After you have selected "Quote selected text direclty" page will refresh and you will see the message box.

Example 4

5. You may have wanted to permalink to a post well if you put your mouse cursor over the post number in the top right of the post and click it it will refresh the page and the address in you address bar will be the permalink to it.

Example 5

If you have anymore to add I will to the OP[Could this maybe get a sticky so It won't get buried?]
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Krolman" (Aug 10th 2015, 10:22pm)

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, March 29th 2015, 12:55am

I thought it was [search term] site:forum.symthic.com (uh... what's with symthic.forums.com?), so "apple site:forum.symthic.com"

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s´╗┐"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, March 29th 2015, 1:03am

(uh... what's with symthic.forums.com?)

I seem to remember Miffyli telling me the forums aren't actually part of the main Symthic site but they're attached to it in some weird way...
Although I could be wrong...
Come to think of it, Miffy says many interesting things while we're playing...Which is the main reason why I miss him ;(

Miffy come back pls ;( ;( ;(

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Raging Spectra by Drastus!

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

• "Krolman" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Sunday, March 29th 2015, 1:09am

I thought it was [search term] site:forum.symthic.com (uh... what's with symthic.forums.com?), so "apple site:forum.symthic.com"

Fixed, :thumbup:
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, March 29th 2015, 1:11am

I am here, Vipey :P. Just can't be on TS on weekends and stuff.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 20th 2015

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, March 30th 2015, 3:13pm

Thanks for these tips!

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 30th 2015, 3:37pm

if you select a certain part of the text of a post, you'll quote only that text whne using "quote message directly" it's kinda buggy though, as you may select and then deselect,but it will count as if it was still selected, also if you quote but don't finish the message, sometimes on your next post with quote the last undone post with a quote might appear in that post as well.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, March 30th 2015, 5:17pm

Nice post here ^^

Sent from phone.
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite