Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,329)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Monday, January 26th 2015, 4:17pm

We're the Symthic Forum Staff -- Ask us anything!

Hey everyone. Recently a few of the mods have been talking about how to encourage forum members to more readily approach us through pm with issues they may have. We feel that it may just be the fact that you guys don't know us well enough personally, so now we're here to answer your questions (within reason, of course)! Doesn't have to be anything Symthic related, and feel free to summon a specific mod if you have a question just for them.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "yugas42" (Jan 26th 2015, 4:23pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, January 26th 2015, 5:57pm

How large is the forum staff?
What time on average are you guys busy with Symthic in general?
RIP Sraw

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:07pm

How large is the forum staff?

I keep this page up-to-date with forum side moderators, altho I think Sao is not anymore that active (or even mod anymore?).

I personally check Symthic every 10 minutes or so when I am awake and on my computer.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:09pm

There are 11 people, but only 6 of us are really active, as you can see here.
I check Symthic at least one time an hour, and I'm almost always online because I can also use my laptop in class.
We also do a lot behind the scenes, there's more to it than taking care of reports.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,734)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:18pm

What do you do outside of moderating? Any jobs, courses, hobbies (besides gaming of course) and so on?

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: 3rd Testament by Septicflesh!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:25pm

What do you do outside of moderating? Any jobs, courses, hobbies (besides gaming of course) and so on?

Studying computing science and statistics, chatting with people, coding random stuffs + doing random statistical testing here and there.
For IRL part I mostly just sit on my computer and spend quality time with flatmates (good friends + study CS in same courses as I). Being daily at campus is enough of "going out" for me :D
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

yugas42

(1,329)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:30pm

What time on average are you guys busy with Symthic in general?

I'm normally around from about 10AM to 12AM EST every day of the week, save for the time that i'm in school.

Full time college student, not a lot of money for hobbies anymore. Though I still try to get out to the gun range a few times a year, otherwise I collect knives, lift weights, not a whole lot else at the moment.

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(924)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 7:07pm

Was it an African swallow ?
Keep answering Viper, I intended to ask the same question ^^
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

yugas42

(1,329)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 7:12pm

Was it an African swallow ?
Keep answering Viper, I intended to ask the same question ^^

Probably not. They don't migrate..

Date of registration
: Aug 27th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, January 26th 2015, 7:13pm

Is the separate section for weapon reviews coming back? I enjoyed reading those a lot before I became active on the forums.
Hackintosh user, european player, suppressor lover.
Latest creation