Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 2:51pm

What I got:
-Kobalt portable 3-drawer tool chest
-Mechanix full-finger MPACT 2012 gloves (have a set of MPACT 2012 half-finger gloves but CQB in airsoft taught me that full-finger is the way to go)
-Cooler Master cooling pad (goodbye using airsoft mags to prop up my laptop!)
-pedometer
-ALTA knee pads
-fuzzy socks
-Allen wrenches in Imperial and metric, as well as a Torx wrench set (think 6-point star instead of a hexagon). Now I don't have to keep stealing my dad's tools so I can work on my airsoft guns :thumbsup:
-Propper BDU pants in dark gray -- best set of pants I ever owned, now (not) in MultiCam!
-hydration tube cover
-Led Zeppelin II, III and IV LP's, all framed
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 6:48pm

What I got:
-Kobalt portable 3-drawer tool chest
-Mechanix full-finger MPACT 2012 gloves (have a set of MPACT 2012 half-finger gloves but CQB in airsoft taught me that full-finger is the way to go)
-fuzzy socks
-Allen wrenches in Imperial and metric, as well as a Torx wrench set (think 6-point star instead of a hexagon). Now I don't have to keep stealing my dad's tools so I can work on my airsoft guns :thumbsup:
-Led Zeppelin II, III and IV LP's, all framed

Totally strawberry jelly with your haul. Tools, gloves, and Zep would have been awesome, and fuzzy socks is just icing on the cake.

Not having a job and not having any sort of crafting skill outside of machining, I couldn't really afford to give gifts. I got my niece a plush piggy, and I found my dad a bronze wine-bottle topper that had like a vine and grapes on it at a second hand store for $2.
I couldn't afford anything meaningful for my friends, so I used a $20 coupon I had for Sushi mainly as an excuse to get together and share some of my $150 bottle of JackDaniel's Frank-Sinatra Select with them.
I couldn't afford anything for my sister, and I couldn't make her anything useful, so I just wished her the best in AZ.
I couldn't afford anything for my mother, and I couldn't make her anything useful either, so I just made scrambled egg breakfast for once.

It was depressing. I think it's better to give than receive, and I give all the time throughout the year, and I know Christmas is just a marketable excuse to buy stuff, but I still feel like shit receiving and not being able to give...

Speaking of receiving, I got Worms Armageddon and Worms Revolution on Steam from my 2 best buds. Boy does Armageddon bring me back! Played a few rounds already and it's a total laugh!

And from my mom/dad I got:
-Fleecy slippers with rubber soles, since all I wear are boots and they aren't so quick for popping outside right quick.
-Fleece pajama pants (Score!)
-A couple of t-shirts, one just plain black that's a cotton/spandex blend and super comfy (new sleepy shirt, yay!) and another with kind of a cool design of a compass on front.
-A 12 pack of Maruchan Ramen noodle.
-A Jack Daniel's square whiskey glass (I have so many whiskey glasses now, I must have gotten whiskey glasses every birthday and x-mas for the last 2 years, lol!).
-A Jack Daniel's steel pint-glass (pretty cool)
-And a gift set of Gentleman Jack with 2 whiskey glasses (ugh, more whiskey glasses!). This was rather unimpressive, though. As big of a Jack Daniel's fan as I am, the regular black label has no flavor for me, and the Gentleman being double mellowed has a really thin mouth-feel and I really don't like it. It's kind of watery.
I've grown accustomed to the burn and sting of regular Jack, and after experiencing the flavor of the top shelf like the Single-Barrel and Sinatra regular Jack just won't cut it anymore. That and I've already got a fifth of the stuff that I've been slowly trying to empty. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I expressed that I already had a bottle and don't drink it much. My mom kept the receipt and just gave me the $$ instead, so that worked out.

But if you ask me, this is the pinnacle right here:

Spoiler Spoiler

I used to have a nice blanket with a lion on it. It wasn't fleece, but it was soft and kind of, like, furry. It's been in the house as long as I could remember, and when I moved in with my sister I took it with me. When I had to move out, and bounced around place to place until landing back at my parents', it got misplaced and that really upset me. It gets cold here in Chicago, and that blanket was the shit! I'd always use it sitting on the couch watching TV or sitting at the PC.

So when I opened a bag and pulled out a nice, fluffy blanket with a badass American Bald Eagle on it I was like "Oh, Hell yeah! 'Murica!" :thumbup:

Also, that might be my new firearm picture background from now on. We'll see, I don't want to get it all oily or full of powder stains...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Dec 25th 2014, 6:54pm)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 7:29pm

What I got:
-ALTA knee pads
-Propper BDU pants in dark gray -- best set of pants I ever owned, now (not) in MultiCam!

Alta knee pads ftw

I used to have propper BDU pants but they kept on ripping in the crotch D; Now I mostly use Swedish army pants in black... Much better quality :>

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 7:53pm

What I got:
-ALTA knee pads

Alta knee pads ftw

Honestly, though, once you go built in you don't go back.

My paintball pants have kevlar reinforced knees with mild padding, and I would wear a set of soft-shell knee-pads under the pants. They were pretty good just as is, but with the pads underneath I could full on slide knees first into a barricade and not even feel it!
And I have terribad knees. 25 with the knees of a 50 year old...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 8:15pm

What I got:
-ALTA knee pads
Alta knee pads ftw
Yeah but that's more expensive. Sure, a set of legit MC pants wasn't exactly as cheap as I'd like, but a set of even Emerson pants with built-in pads would've cost my parents more. Wasn't what I was looking for, anyway: heard good things about ALTA from multiple people, and from trying them on they seem to fit pretty good. Only really planning on using them for CQB stuff, though: I'll probably use them for field a few times, but bringing an exposed knee down on BB-covered concrete is like stepping on a LEGO brick.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 8:18pm

What I got:
-ALTA knee pads
Alta knee pads ftw
Yeah but that's more expensive. Sure, a set of legit MC pants wasn't exactly as cheap as I'd like, but a set of even Emerson pants with built-in pads would've cost my parents more. Wasn't what I was looking for, anyway: heard good things about ALTA from multiple people, and from trying them on they seem to fit pretty good. Only really planning on using them for CQB stuff, though: I'll probably use them for field a few times, but bringing an exposed knee down on BB-covered concrete is like stepping on a LEGO brick.

Got built in at work and sure they work most of the time, but sometimes they're twisted and well... that hurts really bad... Wouldn't want that if I'm quickly throwing myself on shingle etc.. D;

Quoted

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 9:00pm

What I got:
-ALTA knee pads
Alta knee pads ftw
Yeah but that's more expensive. Sure, a set of legit MC pants wasn't exactly as cheap as I'd like, but a set of even Emerson pants with built-in pads would've cost my parents more. Wasn't what I was looking for, anyway: heard good things about ALTA from multiple people, and from trying them on they seem to fit pretty good. Only really planning on using them for CQB stuff, though: I'll probably use them for field a few times, but bringing an exposed knee down on BB-covered concrete is like stepping on a LEGO brick. True that!

Got built in at work and sure they work most of the time, but sometimes they're twisted and well... that hurts really bad... Wouldn't want that if I'm quickly throwing myself on shingle etc.. D;

Huh. I've got built ins in my motorcycle pants as well and I've never had them twist or move around enough to be painful. Sometimes I need to adjust the knee once I'm on the bike with my feet on the pegs and my knees in position, but it's just mildly uncomfortable in that instance and takes such a slight adjustment.
Setting the pads in the right spot (if they are adjustable) goes a long way, as well as getting pants in your proper size. My pants are a little oversized so I can wear a layer underneath, and that's why they don't sit right 100% of the time.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 9:08pm

What I got:
-ALTA knee pads
Alta knee pads ftw
Yeah but that's more expensive. Sure, a set of legit MC pants wasn't exactly as cheap as I'd like, but a set of even Emerson pants with built-in pads would've cost my parents more. Wasn't what I was looking for, anyway: heard good things about ALTA from multiple people, and from trying them on they seem to fit pretty good. Only really planning on using them for CQB stuff, though: I'll probably use them for field a few times, but bringing an exposed knee down on BB-covered concrete is like stepping on a LEGO brick. True that!

Huh. I've got built ins in my motorcycle pants as well and I've never had them twist or move around enough to be painful. Sometimes I need to adjust the knee once I'm on the bike with my feet on the pegs and my knees in position, but it's just mildly uncomfortable in that instance and takes such a slight adjustment.
Setting the pads in the right spot (if they are adjustable) goes a long way, as well as getting pants in your proper size. My pants are a little oversized so I can wear a layer underneath, and that's why they don't sit right 100% of the time.

Well, the pant leg sometimes twist around (well, a few degrees) so when you kneel down there's no pad in the way, which kinda hurts if you drop down fast onto stone ;o

Quoted

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 9:52pm

Well, the pant leg sometimes twist around (well, a few degrees) so when you kneel down there's no pad in the way, which kinda hurts if you drop down fast onto stone ;o

Yeah, ok, I see that.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Friday, December 26th 2014, 2:21am

I stopped asking for X-mas gifts years ago. Instead, I brought my mom a bed set I know shes been eying for a while and a Michael Kors purse.