Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, December 24th 2014, 11:05pm

Agreed. I only run Midcaps over Realcaps out of necessity.

I've tried to convince my group to ban Hi-caps, but too many kids who just want to play paintball with nicer looking guns...

Hence the M32 to deal with said children.

What brand M4 magazines do you recommend?
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 12:30am

welp, gotta wait for my purchases... freaking moneys ain't getting in our pockets for various reasons,anyway i still think i'll be able to do the trial rounds, i was wondering, for you guys, how much lasts a day at the designed airsoft field? for us iirc it's 4-6 hours.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 12:58am

Can someone steer me in the right direction here?

Get a TM if you can, otherwise shoot for a KJW.

WE is okay, but I'd prefer KJW because they're TM clones.

Also, single-stack style green gas mags don't hold enough gas for the BBs they hold, I always run mine with realcap to make up for it.

EDIT:

KJW can also use C02 or GG, and I'd recommend C02 since you get more gas/mag that way even though I disapprove of the wasteful C02 cans.

I second this entirely; I've had my KJW "KP-07" for a few years now and she's never let me down.

The downside of the single-stack M1911s being able to take CO2 is that the bottom of the magwell it rounded out on the inside to fit the cylinders. It's not something you can see without looking, but it does mean you can't use aftermarket grips without cutting out part of the bottom of them. Or in my case just get a whole new frame, since I needed one for other reasons anyway and don't use CO2.

I use King Arms metal mid-caps and they're been extremely reliable. Hi-caps are terrible for reasons besides realism, everyone around here hates them.

About mag capacities, more ammo is needed in airsoft due to the very low velocity and range compared to a real firearm; you're going to need 2 to 5 rounds or so to really be on par with a single real bullet.

Also, every electric airsoft gun is effectively the same as every other electric airsoft gun (or gas vs gas). Aside from manufacturing quality, the only actual difference between an MP5, M4, AK, M60, M14, etc is barrel length, which only makes a notable difference when you look at very short compared to very long. That said, my TM Glock 26 is the single most accurate pistol I've ever used. Gun choices are essentially just aesthetic preference.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 1:10am

Also, every electric airsoft gun is effectively the same as every other electric airsoft gun (or gas vs gas). Aside from manufacturing quality, the only actual difference between an MP5, M4, AK, M60, M14, etc is barrel length, which only makes a notable difference when you look at very short compared to very long. That said, my TM Glock 26 is the single most accurate pistol I've ever used. Gun choices are essentially just aesthetic preference.

not sure if i understood, but are you implying that a JG m4 has the same range and accuracy of a TM m4, while this last one also has the same range and accuracy of a systema ptw?

because honestly,it all depends on the gearbox and the dimension(not lenght,even if that can help) of the inner barrel,as in, as long as you have the right parts(eg everything systema/guarder/g&p/g&g and hop up marui, while also maybe getting a madbull precision barrel) then you're going to get a gun that can outperformpretty much any stock gun even if you have a REALLY lower output velocity(and that's where marui shines with their perfect hop-ups since the famas sv/g2)
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 1:15am

The downside of the single-stack M1911s being able to take CO2 is that the bottom of the magwell it rounded out on the inside to fit the cylinders. It's not something you can see without looking, but it does mean you can't use aftermarket grips without cutting out part of the bottom of them. Or in my case just get a whole new frame, since I needed one for other reasons anyway and don't use CO2.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up.

I use King Arms metal mid-caps and they're been extremely reliable. Hi-caps are terrible for reasons besides realism, everyone around here hates them.

About mag capacities, more ammo is needed in airsoft due to the very low velocity and range compared to a real firearm; you're going to need 2 to 5 rounds or so to really be on par with a single real bullet.

Sure, I can see a performance and internal design aspect as being the same across the board for your typical PDW/Carbine, so if you like an M4 you pick that and if you like a a G36 you pick that, but it was my understanding that DMRs and Snipers are actually allowed to use higher velocities to extend the range. Is that right?

As such, there are more roles associated with airsoft armament than could even be dreamed of with paintball markers.

As far needing 2-5 pellets to achieve the same performance as one accurate bullet due to range limitations, having to "walk in" you shots, and general inaccuracy by comparison, you're talking to a stock-class paintball player here. I'd go in with a gun that is pump action, fed rounds by gravity (gun needs to point down to load), and has a max capacity of 15.
Anyone can learn to 1S1K, and a lot of it comes down to knowing your gun and knowing your engagement range. And for me that's half the fun. I'd rather pick my battles and win through skill, tactics, and movement than let ROF and ammo capacity carry me through a firefight.

But that's just me, and I see where you are coming from.

Thanks for the suggestions!
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 1:31am

not sure if i understood, but are you implying that a JG m4 has the same range and accuracy of a TM m4, while this last one also has the same range and accuracy of a systema ptw?

because honestly,it all depends on the gearbox and the dimension(not lenght,even if that can help) of the inner barrel,as in, as long as you have the right parts(eg everything systema/guarder/g&p/g&g and hop up marui, while also maybe getting a madbull precision barrel) then you're going to get a gun that can outperformpretty much any stock gun even if you have a REALLY lower output velocity(and that's where marui shines with their perfect hop-ups since the famas sv/g2)

That's difference in quality; what I'm saying is that the only difference between any guns of the same quality is looks, basically.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks for the heads up.

I should clarify that KJW M1911 single stacks have this feature and can use CO2 mags, while Tokyo Maruis (and most others I think) have proper dimensions, but therefore can't use CO2 mags. Not that you would ever want to use CO2 in a Marui anyway.

Sure, I can see a performance and internal design aspect as being the same across the board for your typical PDW/Carbine, so if you like an M4 you pick that and if you like a a G36 you pick that, but it was my understanding that DMRs and Snipers are actually allowed to use higher velocities to extend the range. Is that right?

As such, there are more roles associated with airsoft armament than could even be dreamed of with paintball markers.

Sniper Rifles are usually spring powered (like mine), so they're a totally different system. As for rules with them, that's something groups/fields will decide, but generally it's true that they're allowed higher velocities. Anything about 400 or so FPS isn't going to get you better range though, as the ammo actually gets harder to keep stable at those speeds. High 300s is best for woodland type games, low 300s or so for CQB. What gets you good range is a good hop-up, quality and heavier BBs, and a good air seal.

Quoted

As far needing 2-5 pellets to achieve the same performance as one accurate bullet due to range limitations, having to "walk in" you shots, and general inaccuracy by comparison, you're talking to a stock-class paintball player here. I'd go in with a gun that is pump action, fed rounds by gravity (gun needs to point down to load), and has a max capacity of 15.
Anyone can learn to 1S1K, and a lot of it comes down to knowing your gun and knowing your engagement range. And for me that's half the fun. I'd rather pick my battles and win through skill, tactics, and movement than let ROF and ammo capacity carry me through a firefight.

But that's just me, and I see where you are coming from.

I agree, and I often run my M1911 with 8+1, though as Dodo said this is also because M1911 single stacks naturally hold less gas than most mags. It also forces me to make those shots count, and I waste less gas because I'm not firing as rapidly. Just as airsoft is about the cool factor with what guns you use, it's also like that for how you play; I always hit the bolt catch on my M4 when I empty reload, even though it's 100% pointless.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 1:38am

but it was my understanding that DMRs and Snipers are actually allowed to use higher velocities to extend the range. Is that right?

not really... i mean, it depends on the limit of the ASGs in your state.

and like, if the limit is 200M/S with 0.20, why shouldn't i use an m4 with that speed? because "it hurts too much"? then frickin lower the power limit.

generally in places where there is an actually sane joule limit, sniper rifles are given special air groups, way longer and more precise inner barrels(to the point of 6.01 width, which an automatic rifle wouldn't be able to get as it would probably jam all the times) and generally better everything to get them as much range and precision as possible,and no, in these same states, they don't give a higher speed to bolt actions, because while that could give it a certain strenght at range, at muzzle range it'd still be over joule, and so, illegal.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 1:43am

Hey guys, just wanted some tips. I mainly go to a cqb arena as there is one close to my house but the only working rifle I own is a TM m14 EBR. I am looking for a primary to replace it (I would have to sell it to get a new gun) and need some ideas. As well as I need a facemask/goggles and gloves. So any recommendations?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 1:53am

Hey guys, just wanted some tips. I mainly go to a cqb arena as there is one close to my house but the only working rifle I own is a TM m14 EBR. I am looking for a primary to replace it (I would have to sell it to get a new gun) and need some ideas. As well as I need a facemask/goggles and gloves. So any recommendations?

Any other electric rifle will do, so pick something that's good quality and looks cool. Since it's for CQB anything short is a good option; a bullpup would be an excellent choice.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Apr 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 1:58am

Any other electric rifle will do, so pick something that's good quality and looks cool. Since it's for CQB anything short is a good option; a bullpup would be an excellent choice.
I'm just worried about the reliability of bullpups especially and would like something that holds up.