Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, May 15th 2015, 4:03pm

@Exiya

so... how do i put a sling on the tavor? i mean, i could just put a paracord string or similar in the holes and use that, but it would weird and probably uncomfortable, is there no way to use conventional one-point slings?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration
: May 10th 2014

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, May 15th 2015, 5:14pm

Quoted

@Pastafarianism
first off: Electric is probably your best bet. Gas guns are fun, but AEG's deliver better performance unless you play at a semi-auto-only field, then GBBR's are better because faster trigger response. That being said, bullpup GBBR's are rare: only one I've been able to find so far that's in your price range is the WE-Tech L85, which is better than normal WE's because it already has their godly open-bolt system but still kinda suffers because it's a gas gun.

Second: Again, bullpups are rare in airsoft -- well, when compared to AR and AK platforms anyway. Most of the Russian ones you see online are custom builds, and the one that I could find that is actually being produced (GHK's Hephaestus HTS-14 a.k.a. OTs-14) is so far outside your price range that it's kinda funny.

So, that leaves the western/custom designs. AUGs (especially the JG's if you're willing to do some fine-tuning) are really good for their price, but AUG magazines can be temperamental if you buy a bad brand.

@Exyia
TAR-21's -- you'd have to ask Exyia for the professional opinion about that. My opinion: go for the competition model if you can. The premium model is cool and all, but ARES is the old DELL of airsoft: lots of proprietary parts that are prone to breaking, and guess who you have to get your parts from? ARES: the god of war... AGAINST YOUR WALLET.

SA80 -- outside of that WE I mentioned earlier in my post, out of your price range. F2000: LOL good luck finding one on this side of the pond. G&G is normally good, but the trigger block on those things is apparently very fragile. Magpul PDR: out of your price range.

Another option you could go with is APS's 2nd-Generation Urban Assault Rifle (UAR) . It's the second-best thing (outside of their Thunder-B sound grenades) that they produce for airsoft. Ambidextrous-everything, easy to take down once you get all the glue off the flash hider, easy-to-work-on Version 3 gearbox, M4/M16 magazine compatibility, quick-change spring system... The list goes on and on: this thing has a lot of good features, all at a price that's now on-par with your standard G&G Combat Machine. My personal recommendation when it comes to cheap bullpups, and I've had to do a lot to keep myself from buying one of these (already have two AEG's, don't need a third). It does have a few downsides, but the major one is that APS is known for crappy quality control. That being said, you can probably get a refund if yours turns out to be a lemon.

Don't just take my word, though: go here and make a thread. You'll probably get some good opinions. Also: don't be afraid to make upgrades. The UAR and AUG both use a common gearbox type (Tokyo Marui Version 3), and tutorials for that gearbox type are common on the old YouTubes.

Yeaaa, I quickly found that there are 0 Russian bullpups :'( that's OK. I'll be able to get over that.
AUG: Found quite a few nice ones of those. And quite a few affordable ones as well. However, that Tavor is looking preeeeetty nice. The handle is apparently meh though, and there are other minor issues.
TAR: Oh baby. I'm really taking a liking to this sexy Israeli baby. I've seen these things in real life (I've been to Israel) and I'd love to invest in one. I've raised my price range up to $400, so these are looking more reasonable now. Any suggestions for that?
SA80/L85: yea, looking less sexy the more I look at them. And finding good ones is apparently difficult. If there's a good affordable one, I'm all ears, but they seem to be pretty pricey too.
F2000: Also pricey, and I've heard bad things. Heavy, bulky, etc. Again, open if I can find an inexpensive quality one.
PDR: Lol. Nope.
UAR: Y'see, I saw it, and I thought "ew. Looks like an ugly M4 bullpup." But it's so reasonable, and works well apparently... If this is my last bet, I'm open, but the aesthetics are unappealing to me.

I'm gonna search the interwebs, certainly. I'm just busy with school, so after that I'll be more open to research. I'm somewhat against doing a whole lot of work on it. But if I find that buying an AUG and working on it is cheaper and better than an out-of-the-box TAR, I guess I can work with that.

Symthic's Friendly Neighborhood Pastafarian

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

You're into Chinese nowadays?
No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

I don't even have a big neck.

I didn't know vertigo could disrupt one's sense of size.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 15th 2015, 5:30pm

the uar it's probably the best choice unless you somehow can afford a TM aug hi cycle.

the tavor is good, but the hop up is crap and as you said, the handling isn't the best, it'usable and easy to carry around(as long as you don't use long mags, but even then, it's not the end of the world), sure, but when actually shooting there are a lot other guns you're going to prefer.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 15th 2015, 6:30pm

Quoted

the uar it's probably the best choice unless you somehow can afford a TM aug hi cycle.

the tavor is good, but the hop up is crap and as you said, the handling isn't the best, it'usable and easy to carry around(as long as you don't use long mags, but even then, it's not the end of the world), sure, but when actually shooting there are a lot other guns you're going to prefer.

:(
UAR it is I guess... Poor TAR-21...

Master of nothing, mediocre at everything... except dropping ammo boxes. I do that like it's my fucking job.
BAND RECOMMENDATION OF THE WEEK (or really till whenever I update it): I don't really have much if I'm being honest. Give me some metalcore recommendations and I'll try 'em out
Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

No, but i am into immature jokes about sexual intercourse with cats with a pinch of stereotypical asian accent. :D

Thanks razal.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 15th 2015, 7:01pm

it also depends a lot on what kind of field you're going to play on, considering only reload speed, the tar should be extremely faster given that you can unlock the mag release with one hand while holding the new mag with the other.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 15th 2015, 7:30pm

Quoted

it also depends a lot on what kind of field you're going to play on, considering only reload speed, the tar should be extremely faster given that you can unlock the mag release with one hand while holding the new mag with the other.

That's not gonna be an issue. I'm looking into 330 rd mags. Any either way, with enough practice, reloading can be a breeze.

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 25th 2015, 11:40pm

sorry for the late reply

I'm not going to bother selling the Tavor platform - just go browse real-steel forums about how much they love it. tons of youtube videos (like Military Arms Channel) love it. Die-hard M4 and AK guys finally have something different yet well implemented enough to leave their platform. The bullpup concept isn't new - F2000 and AUG - but neither of those have been getting the talk on the market like the Tavor

all I will say is I've always had an eye on an AUG just to add to the collection as a bullpup fan. I finally got a chance to hold one and was not impressed at all compared to a Tavor. Won't bother going into detail because...again....just look at the real steel reception

As for the airsoft version:
UAR feels like a cheap toy. It's a decent gun for it's price, but nothing more. Plastic construction is toy-like feel. Aesthetically, I still think the Tavor looks better as well as being a real rifle compared to the UAR. Honestly I would just skip it. It's just....meh.

*all comments are on the Elite Tavor model

Get the S&T one over the ARES. I can see why ARES made a few design decisions that they did, but most people (more importantly the ones that are tech/repair friendly) don't like them

The polymer is one of the best I've felt. It's not super-duper hard plastic to try and pass off as metal - it feels molded out of just a very high quality polymer. Haven't held a real Tavor yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they felt almost the same.

gearbox is fine. it's different shaped, but uses all standard parts. don't let ANYBODY tell you they suck to work on. If anything, I hate working on M4 (referred to "v2") gearboxes. the Tavor gearbox can be fired/cycled completely once assembled - so you don't have to put it all back in the gun shell just to fire the thing and see if it works (I curse everytime I have to feed the gearbox into an M4, then attach the pistol grip, then the motor, etc etc)

Your blowback feature WILL break. It's just a cheap pot metal piece that rides back and forth with the piston to move the ejection cover. It will break - don't worry about it/get over it. The gun will still have feedback from firing to let you know it's shooting if that's what you want.

Not sure what else to say about it

I mean....the more youtubing you do on the Tavor, the more you'll like it than the other options

Pastafarianism

Mom's Spaghetti

(305)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 1st 2015, 2:23pm

Problem is, it's so DAMN expensive.

Good Quotes Ahead:

Spoiler Spoiler

Quoted

Thanks razal.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 1st 2015, 5:41pm

Problem is, it's so DAMN expensive.

the tavor? i bought it for a total of 170 with a bag of medium-high quality bbs and on-arrival-payment, if you want to add in 2 gr16 mid caps that'll be 200, without considering that in the usa stuff costs a lot less.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, June 1st 2015, 5:46pm

you said earlier you raised your price range up to $400????

the competition/lower model is perfectly fine for the price too. it's plastic, but very sturdy/solid plastic. Both models are adequately priced (I have both of them). Internally they're the same, but for many that are more...."into"....the sport, the more realistic feeling polymer on the elite model is worth the cost.