Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, February 20th 2015, 6:13am

I'm told MAG branded magazines are some of the best if you have them available. But their metal ones are pretty expensive compared to other options
from what I've heard MAG-brand magazines can be pretty hit-and-miss when it comes to QC. They also usually have polymer externals which aren't as sturdy as a steel set of King Arms midcaps (even though I just bought a 10-pack of KA polymer mags :whistling: ).
I stand corrected then. don't really have any other input on magazines then. Had a local store closing out and they had the G&P mags....decided I would eventually need a ton over time, so just splurged on all the ones they had. Haven't bought magazines since lol
outside of the ten-pack that I just got I normally buy magazines in pairs. Dunno why I do it, though; maybe cuz I like having matching mags on my coupler clamps when I use them. Other than the KA 10-pack I think I've got like four pairs of different types of midcaps (KA SIG556, KWA K120, G&G K120-looking things that don't take MagPul Ranger floorplates [ :cursing: ], unknown-brand steelies which don't work in my Masada), and four Lancer Tactical flash highcaps (two of which might need to be taken apart and looked at: think they're broken :( ). Also have three DBoys VN highcaps and a couple assorted highcaps that came with my guns.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 12:44am

Ended up with an Angled Foregrip, even as I contemplate to switch back to the Ergo Grip in BF4. Also picked up an ACS stock.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 1:49am

That's no airsoft gun! ?( lol

I'm surprised you use a Q loader. The Cyclone feed, if you ask me, is the main selling point of Tippmanns. When I used to sell them, even the 98s I'd push the CFS as an immediate upgrade...

Don't feel so bad, BF4's take on grips isn't necessarily realistic. I use a stubby on my AR15, but run Ergo 90% of the time in BF4. I can't stand vertical grips, and I had an AFG for a while. I like the concept of the AFG, but it's too much torque on my wrist, so I use a stubby but grip it like an AFG. Gives me more a .45 grip angle on the front and is way more comfortable for me.

If they made an AFG between the current AFG and a vertical grip I'd be all over it. Like, take the pistol grip on the frame of the AR and toss another one up front...

All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 2:55am

That's no airsoft gun!

Yeah, sorry, but asking about ACS stocks and AFGs in paintball circles always gets you blank stares lol :P

I never ran grips before in my life, and I had a choice of either going with that or with one of these, which sounds awful lot like what is on your wishlist: Combat Ergonomic Weaver/Picatinny Foregrip - Black

Went with the AFG because I was using the Mk11 + AFG in BF4 for the past month, and despite BF4's take on grip advantages I thought it would be neat to keep things the same. Now that I toy with going back to Ergo in BF4, though, I can't switch as easily in real life :( I'm sure you guys know as well as I do, you end up with a pile of discarded-but-perfectly-good weapon accessories that serves no purpose except to remind you that it's money down the drain :(

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 3:53am

That's no airsoft gun!

Yeah, sorry, but asking about ACS stocks and AFGs in paintball circles always gets you blank stares lol :P

I never ran grips before in my life, and I had a choice of either going with that or with one of these, which sounds awful lot like what is on your wishlist: Combat Ergonomic Weaver/Picatinny Foregrip - Black

Went with the AFG because I was using the Mk11 + AFG in BF4 for the past month, and despite BF4's take on grip advantages I thought it would be neat to keep things the same. Now that I toy with going back to Ergo in BF4, though, I can't switch as easily in real life :( I'm sure you guys know as well as I do, you end up with a pile of discarded-but-perfectly-good weapon accessories that serves no purpose except to remind you that it's money down the drain :(

Nah, that ergo looks just like the ergo in BF4 which is just a ergonomic broom-handle vertical grip. :thumbdown: What I want is something like the BCM GUN FIGHTER's Vertical Grip SHORT - Black

Vertical grips are basically way out of vogue. They have some serious disadvantages when gripped in your fist, and that is why more modern shooting techniques usually rotate around thumb-break use of vertical grips or C-clamp grips like the AFG is designed to promote, or people are going back to no grip at all. Vertical grips basically only make sense on compact weapons like PDWs and that's just from a total ergonomics standpoint...

As far as ending up with a pile of accessories, you will have to spend money to find the setup that's just right for you but why does that mean you have to keep what you bought? Ebay those unwanted accessories, and take back some capital. I had a vertical grip, an AFG, and 2 different stubbys. I only have the one on my rifle. Sold the VG, gave the AFG to a friend, and traded the other stubby for some better AR toys... If you put it on the gun an instantly hated it, you can even put it back in the box and sell it as new if not just return it to where you got it. And although grips are pretty cheap and used ones even cheaper $10 in the pocket is better than plastic sitting in the closet.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 4:32am

@Watcher-45
First off: hot damn, $35 for that little thing? My MFT REACT ergo vertical grip* was only $20. That being said I wouldn't mind having one of those: just longer with some sort of recess for a pressure switch.

Second: I know that thumb break and C-clamp grips are the new hotness now, but I always heard that they're more competition type grips. Better for recoil control, yes, but can get tiring after a while and (at least in a real combat situation) exposes a lot more of your ribcage to getting shot, especially the heart for right-handed folk. I know that airsoft usually revolves on one-shot-downs/kills and isn't lethal so people can use whatever style grip they want, but it's also regarded as a military simulation (MILSIM) scenario, and practicing a C-clamp grip in MILSIM just makes you look like a moron.

@Veritable
You can always sell those accessories secondhand. Craigslist is there for a reason, as is amazon's third-party selling and certain subreddits. Hell, I'm selling some stuff over /r/airsoftmarket at the moment and have a deal to sell my EF 1911. You won't get everything back from it, but you'll usually get something, and that's better than having something take up space in your house.

*if I'm not mistaken that's the same version that's in BF4. Didn't buy it for that reason, though: I was looking for a sturdy but lightweight VFG since I'm about as flexible as C-3PO and my Masada is fucking front-heavy as it sits :thumbdown: Speaking of which, hope to get the rest of the parts for that on Tuesday. Hope to assemble as much of it as I can, then send it to a tech for the rest of the AoE correction (bought a pre-corrected piston, but no sorbo pads :pinch: ) and wiring (plan on having it externally wired and MOSFETted).
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CobaltRose" (Feb 22nd 2015, 4:37am)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 7:33am

@Watcher-45
First off: hot damn, $35 for that little thing? My MFT REACT ergo vertical grip* was only $20. That being said I wouldn't mind having one of those: just longer with some sort of recess for a pressure switch.

Second: I know that thumb break and C-clamp grips are the new hotness now, but I always heard that they're more competition type grips. Better for recoil control, yes, but can get tiring after a while and (at least in a real combat situation) exposes a lot more of your ribcage to getting shot, especially the heart for right-handed folk. I know that airsoft usually revolves on one-shot-downs/kills and isn't lethal so people can use whatever style grip they want, but it's also regarded as a military simulation (MILSIM) scenario, and practicing a C-clamp grip in MILSIM just makes you look like a moron.

$35 ain't that much. Plus it's USA made and with REALLY good materials.

The military doesn't necessarily teach the most advanced techniques, for one. They do a good job turning average guys into door-kickers, but they aren't going to waste extra time and resources on the average don't give a crap soldier. Not everyone even gets a sidearm, to put things in perspective. A lot of career soldiers actually seek advanced instruction independently, and take what they learn back to the corps, and a lot of the techniques taught in private classes are a lot more in depth and specific than anything they'd get in the military.

I wouldn't say it exposes more of your ribcage. If you look at my photo a few posts above not only do I not do the really extreme nearly over the top grip but it'd take having a magwell hold to even have my bicep cover part of my ribs. Not like a 5.56 wouldn't tear straight through my arm from the side and enter my torso anyway.
Stance is a bigger factor when it comes to exposing yourself to danger. The stance I use is a squared up isosceles stance where I present my chest directly to the target. This exposes my SAPI plates and thus my most protected surface towards incoming fire. If I am being shot in the side I am being flanked, and thus am vulnerable no matter what.
A more traditional bladed stance like a Weaver or 3/4 stance would expose a portion of your side towards your target, which is WAY more dangerous as that's the most likely direction for incoming fire. And once again, being flanked is being flanked.

Competition has a huge influence on tactical shooting because of recoil control and such. While I will agree that a C-clamp grip is more fatiguing over time, and not necessarily a good choice when it comes to long range precision, the control it gives you in CQB is incredible. Besides, you aren't running around with a full extension the whole damn time. Low and high-ready stances are designed for more visibility and for energy saving, and in a fraction of a second I can be on target and putting rounds on top of rounds with my grip and stance style.

Everyone will think I look like a moron? Why, because Airsoft guns don't have recoil and you can basically hold them like a pair of soiled panties and still have accurate sustained fire? I don't give a shit what you think, function > form every time, practice as you play. What percentage of airsoft players have real-steel equivalents of their airsoft guns and how many are in it for cross training rather than just for MILSIM fun playing army man with their friends pretending to be a badass?
Let them laugh, I'll spend more time refining my technique and less time passing judgement on others, thanks.
^ Not directed at anyone in particular, just saying. That's sort of my response and rational.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Feb 22nd 2015, 7:53am)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 7:40am

for MILSIM fun playing army man with their friends pretending to be a badass?

That's exactly what we do. :thumbsup:

Dooooooooone! Got the Triad mount today. :love:

Who Enjoys, Wins

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 7:58am

Not saying that's not reason enough, I got into paintball to run around in the woods in camo with my friends playing live action counter-strike... basically...

But people are so judgmental. If they would seriously laugh at me for using Airsoft as a form of training or using real world shooting techniques with what is essentially toy guns, they all can go eat a big steaming bowl of ass drippings...

Like your Elcan replica, by the way. I'd love a real Specter DR for my AR but DAMN are they expensive!!!
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 22nd 2015, 8:32am

Not saying that's not reason enough, I got into paintball to run around in the woods in camo with my friends playing live action counter-strike... basically...

But people are so judgmental. If they would seriously laugh at me for using Airsoft as a form of training or using real world shooting techniques with what is essentially toy guns, they all can go eat a big steaming bowl of ass drippings...

Like your Elcan replica, by the way. I'd love a real Specter DR for my AR but DAMN are they expensive!!!

I completely agree, nothing wrong with that. Heck, quite a number of the guys around here are military. Do what you love, and love doing it; to hell with what anyone else says. :thumbup:

The replica Specters are expensive too; the instant 1x / 4x swap is such a useful feature, I'd imagine.
Who Enjoys, Wins