Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 12:29am

Loadout pic:

Major differences between this and the last one is that I added/moved some pouches around. Oh, and I'm actually in it. Also got a training trench knife that'd make Jack Bauer blush -- I mean, the thing end-to-end is almost as long as my arm for fuck's sake!

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 12:42am

man i'd love so much to do softair in snow... i'd like to do it and that's that, for 2 weeks consecutive i couldn't .-.

does the facial potection work without getting in the way of aiming?? i just use a neckheater for it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 1:13am

@CobaltRose

does the facial potection work without getting in the way of aiming?? i just use a neckheater for it.

I had the same question. It looks rather bulky. Most paintball masks have more diminished profiles, and even they get in the way of ADS.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 2:35am

@CobaltRose

I had the same question. It looks rather bulky. Most paintball masks have more diminished profiles, and even they get in the way of ADS.
with that setup, not really: I'd be holding it MP5K-style, so the only thing it'd be getting in the way of is my peripheral vision. With the stock extended, though... Yeah it is an issue and I have to tilt my head big-time to see the sights, but to be honest if I was bothered by it enough to change it I'd mount a red dot at the 1 o'clock and sight it in BREN-style. Either that or cannibalize my mesh mask in order to make it work with the goggle mounts on the sides... Yeah. Might do that.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 5:29am

Nice! I'm jealous of the N7 patch and snow, and that knife is huge; I thought it was the rifle's stock or something in that pouch at first. :O
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 3:55pm

[url=http://imgur.com/bL1dHJR,EXHSHqy,pGOkeOH,owBARgg,bu7KJwd,vQ1lwQP,DBMT7FJ,d3KrYUj#0]Imgur[/url]

everything you see counts as playable zone, i'm talking about walls and cliffs as well (yeah it's not really safe, but we're not dumbasses, even tho sometimes an idiot comes and decide to deatach from the group without saying anything to anyone, and we have to stop the game)

we also took this after finding the lost guy

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/h…776063e7eaa6c73

not gonna tell you who i am though. note: couldn't make itt work as an image and honestly didn't won't to bother to downaloaad and re-upload it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Feb 16th 2015, 4:58pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 6:38pm

ok, so, i wanted a new knife
AND BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING i know many people in the airsoft world and even more those that plays in ad-hoc fields like sc village,will find the use of a knife in airsoft quite useless and dangerous, but as shown by the last 2 times i've played, i needed a knife, though not the one i already own as it has a failable safety system and a useless kind of blade(gets dull as quickly as it can and is smooth, which is kind of useless in the forest unless it's extremely sharp, thing that it isn't) also apparently laws on blade lenght don't apply as it's basically escursionism what we do,and to finish this off, the knives i'm going to show from what i understood are approved/supported or at least tolerated in most of the cases depicted.
so, premises taken out the way.
i was looking for a knife with a blade lenght that wouldn't surpass 10 cms, but be "cool" (so, kinda like that frickin awesome bj-2 in bf4) but most importantly useful, and possibly economic, of these anyway, features i want are a mid-sawed blade and possibly other "gadgets" like pliers, so far i've seen these 3:

Vendita COLTELLO WALTHER MULTITAC, vendita online COLTELLO WALTHER MULTITAC | Target Soft Air San Marino the most useful,but quite pricey and honestly i don't really like the look.
Coltello BLACKTAC TANTO - WALTHER (5.0716)COLTELLI DIVISI PER MARCACOLTELLI WALTHER a middle ground option and also could make me undirectly pay less if i want to also buy the G&G mags(this the site from which i should buy them mags)
Vendita COLTELLO WALTHER PPQ TANTO, vendita online COLTELLO WALTHER PPQ TANTO | Target Soft Air San Marino and last this one which is the less pricey out of all, but probably the less useful too , especially if it has a double edge as that'd be illegal to have out of your house.

anyway i'm not rushing trough this as maybe i'll change club and field and i may not need anymore a knife, that said, if you want to nominate other knives it'd be apppreciated, as long as they are present in the 2 sites
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 6:13am

@iota-09

So, you want a real knife? Not just a rubber blade training knife?

I have some experience here, and I can say that what you don't want is any of the ones you have listed. They are all junk, and if my monetary conversion is correct 20-40 Euros is like 23-45 US Dollars. Every single one of the knives pictures would sell here at any big box store for $20 or less, or like 15 Euros. Not only are those junk, they are overpriced.

If the knife has a brand like Walther, Smith&Wesson, Humvee, etc, gauranteed it's a piece of junk. Chinese made with junk steel, poor fit and finish, and will wear out with minimal use. They are the kinds of pocket knives kids who just turn 18 buy just so they can have a pocket knife. Don't get one. Even the average Buck is junk.

For the same or not much more money you can get a Kershaw or Gerber, and while they won't be a million times better and will probably still be made in China, they actually use definable steels in their blades and actually have some level of craftsmanship and quality control. The one company I will ALWAYS recommend to a knife buyer on a budget is Kershaw. Everything with their name on it is quality, even the really cheap made in China knives. They even had a USA made knife sold as a Walmart exclusive for something like $25. USA made? $25? Decent blade steel? I have one. It's nothing special, but it's a good little knife and holds an edge well. I don't carry it anymore because I carry a Spyderco now, but it lives in my car in case I need a knife while I'm seat-belted in when it's awkward to get in my pockets.

The Bear Grylls line of Gerber stuff is actually fairly good for what you pay, and they have more than a few small fixed blade knives as well. Again, nothing fancy, but you get decent blade steels and good quality control at a low price. Even if you are only planning on using the knife every once and a while, do yourself a favor and don't buy cheap. Buy quality. It can be affordable.

Hint: If you are buying from an airsoft website you are doing it wrong.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 12:00pm

So, you want a real knife? Not just a rubber blade training knife?

yep.

I have some experience here, and I can say that what you don't want is any of the ones you have listed. They are all junk, and if my monetary conversion is correct 20-40 Euros is like 23-45 US Dollars. Every single one of the knives pictures would sell here at any big box store for $20 or less, or like 15 Euros. Not only are those junk, they are overpriced.

man, price of euro really has dropped, anyway no, those aren't overpriced due to the simple fact that i live in italy, sure, if these were from american sites they'd be overpriced, but in italy? unfortunately no.

If the knife has a brand like Walther, Smith&Wesson, Humvee, etc, gauranteed it's a piece of junk. Chinese made with junk steel, poor fit and finish, and will wear out with minimal use. They are the kinds of pocket knives kids who just turn 18 buy just so they can have a pocket knife. Don't get one. Even the average Buck is junk.

yeah... i heard about this stuff about steel, but i really don't know anything about it.

For the same or not much more money you can get a Kershaw or Gerber, and while they won't be a million times better and will probably still be made in China, they actually use definable steels in their blades and actually have some level of craftsmanship and quality control. The one company I will ALWAYS recommend to a knife buyer on a budget is Kershaw. Everything with their name on it is quality, even the really cheap made in China knives. They even had a USA made knife sold as a Walmart exclusive for something like $25. USA made? $25? Decent blade steel? I have one. It's nothing special, but it's a good little knife and holds an edge well. I don't carry it anymore because I carry a Spyderco now, but it lives in my car in case I need a knife while I'm seat-belted in when it's awkward to get in my pockets.

didn't really bother to search for kershaw, but gerber seem to ba a used name in italy as well even though in airsoft the most known is victorinox,for now i'll show you these 2/3 knives and then i'll go search for kershaw

The Bear Grylls line of Gerber stuff is actually fairly good for what you pay, and they have more than a few small fixed blade knives as well. Again, nothing fancy, but you get decent blade steels and good quality control at a low price. Even if you are only planning on using the knife every once and a while, do yourself a favor and don't buy cheap. Buy quality. It can be affordable.

yep, these ones what do you think about?
http://www.titano-store.com/visualizzapr…331000752).html (39 without the pocket-thingy)
http://www.titano-store.com/visualizzapr…331000760).html

Hint: If you are buying from an airsoft website you are doing it wrong.

not sure about target, but iirc titano store is an armory as well, though there's another site/store that would fit more, but i forgot the name of it...
edit: found that site, turned out to be just a prop shop afaik.
so yeah, what i can get is what's on titano store unfortunately.

...there's always amazon though...
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Feb 18th 2015, 12:17pm)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 18th 2015, 9:48pm

If you can order from Amazon that would probably be your best option.

One other thing to consider is that you mentioned you play in gloves. The second knife you linked would be a no-go because it just has a little groove on the blade you are supposed to grab to open it. It works if you use a thumb-nail, it will be impossible with gloves on, and even without gloves will be hard to do one handed.
The first one is a better choice because it has little thumb "turrets" for pushing the blade out. It might still be difficult one handed with gloves on, though.

Honestly, if your primary use is going to be in your airsoft kit and use with gloves on then I don't recommend a folding knife. As long as you can find a place for it, a small fixed-blade knife will be faster and easier to deploy and stow away, and it will be a stronger knife.

If you can find the Bear Grylls "Compact Fixed Blade" or "Paracord Fixed Blade" both will be very adequate and shouldn't break the bank, and they are actually pretty small and won't take up a huge amount of space on your vest/belt.

If you really want a folding knife for it to be more compact, maybe a different company would be better.

You might want to look for a Spyderco Tenacious. Its a made in China Spyderco, but since it's Chinese it's cheap and it's honestly quite possibly the highest quality knife you'll ever get at that price. Spyderco doesn't put its name on just anything. I was thinking of buying one myself but I already have a ParaMilitary 2 from Spyderco and going from a $170 USA made knife with an S30V blade to a $40 made in China knife with an 8Cr13MoV blade just doesn't make any sense.
The Tenacious is widely considered the best sub $50 utility knife you can get. It has a large thumb hole on the blade for opening and pairs well with gloves, the steel is easy to sharpen and holds up well, and although the liner lock isn't the most robust it is very easy to use. If you can find one of those, don't think twice and just buy it. You can find them with serrated blades, too.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler