Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 4:58am

is that the genuine TruGlo sight?

I got one for my (airsoft Tavor) as well - I'm actually really impressed with it. it looks like a cheap chinese junk-sight, but the brightness and clarity is pretty impressive

No, not the TruGlo. It's a no-name knockoff. But I got it for free. Traded a grip I didn't like, a sight riser I didn't want, and a 30mm red dot I couldn't use straight up for it. Was priced about $75.

Honestly, I wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't get it for free. Not impressed with it. The adjustments are kind of hokey (at least they have a locking screw so once it's set it should hold zero), and the reticle artifacts pretty severely in low-light. Nice and bright and decently clear in daylight, though.
At least it's AR height. It'll work until I get a serious piece of glass for it.
oh :(

jeez for $70 you could have gotten the real one off amazon.....
Amazon.com : Truglo Red-Dot Tru-Brite Open-Dot Multi Blk Box, Black : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors

main reason I went for it - all the "replica" sights that weren't T1's were $50+....felt silly spending that much on replica cheapo sights when a "real" one is $75 (obviously it being in BF4 helped)

Once again, I paid nothing for it. Basically did it for the LOLs. If I had $75 to spend on an optic I wouldn't even go with a Tru-Glo. I don't care if it's in BF4 or not, Tru-Glo isn't held in high regard among most serious shooters. Despite being rifle quality, they are junk. Just like BSA and Simmons and all the other usual Chinese made red-dots. I doubt an actual Tru-Glo brand is even better than the no-name I have. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the same manufacturer makes the sights and they just brand them one way or another. It's a fairly common practice.

If I had $75 to spend on an optic, I'd add $35 and get this with an AR height riser...

Primary Arms Micro Dot With Removable Base - MD-RBGII - Primary Arms

Essentially a pound for pound copy of an Aimpoint T-1, made in China but to Primary-Arms specifications, quality controlled by PA, and with a lifetime warranty from PA. They are actually really well received and highly recommended by avid shooters as a budget optic. Battery life isn't as good as an Aimpoint, but it's about 1/8th the price. They do have ones that match Aimpoint's battery life, but they are more around the $200 range.
Speaking of rebranding product from the same manufacturer, the PA optics are literally the same as HoloSun, except HoloSun are the manufacturer's own branding while PA orders their sights from HoloSun.

Probably what I'll end up getting for the AR to satisfy me until I can get a real T-1/T-2.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 6:04am

is that the genuine TruGlo sight?

I got one for my (airsoft Tavor) as well - I'm actually really impressed with it. it looks like a cheap chinese junk-sight, but the brightness and clarity is pretty impressive

No, not the TruGlo. It's a no-name knockoff. But I got it for free. Traded a grip I didn't like, a sight riser I didn't want, and a 30mm red dot I couldn't use straight up for it. Was priced about $75.

Honestly, I wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't get it for free. Not impressed with it. The adjustments are kind of hokey (at least they have a locking screw so once it's set it should hold zero), and the reticle artifacts pretty severely in low-light. Nice and bright and decently clear in daylight, though.
At least it's AR height. It'll work until I get a serious piece of glass for it.
oh :(

jeez for $70 you could have gotten the real one off amazon.....
Amazon.com : Truglo Red-Dot Tru-Brite Open-Dot Multi Blk Box, Black : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors

main reason I went for it - all the "replica" sights that weren't T1's were $50+....felt silly spending that much on replica cheapo sights when a "real" one is $75 (obviously it being in BF4 helped)

Once again, I paid nothing for it. Basically did it for the LOLs. If I had $75 to spend on an optic I wouldn't even go with a Tru-Glo. I don't care if it's in BF4 or not, Tru-Glo isn't held in high regard among most serious shooters. Despite being rifle quality, they are junk. Just like BSA and Simmons and all the other usual Chinese made red-dots. I doubt an actual Tru-Glo brand is even better than the no-name I have. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the same manufacturer makes the sights and they just brand them one way or another. It's a fairly common practice.

If I had $75 to spend on an optic, I'd add $35 and get this with an AR height riser...

Primary Arms Micro Dot With Removable Base - MD-RBGII - Primary Arms

Essentially a pound for pound copy of an Aimpoint T-1, made in China but to Primary-Arms specifications, quality controlled by PA, and with a lifetime warranty from PA. They are actually really well received and highly recommended by avid shooters as a budget optic. Battery life isn't as good as an Aimpoint, but it's about 1/8th the price. They do have ones that match Aimpoint's battery life, but they are more around the $200 range.
Speaking of rebranding product from the same manufacturer, the PA optics are literally the same as HoloSun, except HoloSun are the manufacturer's own branding while PA orders their sights from HoloSun.

Probably what I'll end up getting for the AR to satisfy me until I can get a real T-1/T-2.
I can read - I know you got it for free

and just because I dont shoot AR's doesn't mean I live under a rock. I'm fully aware of Primary Arms - I run their tac light and use another for EDC. I just wanted to share that the real one (which is not the same as your knock-off) is surprisingly good as a budget sight that isn't a T1 shape/replica, and that it was ironically funny that you traded for the cost of the genuine one. I never told you what to buy. I never said what you did was stupid

calm down

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 6:18am

I can read - I know you got it for free

and just because I dont shoot AR's doesn't mean I live under a rock. I'm fully aware of Primary Arms - I run their tac light and use another for EDC. I just wanted to share that the real one (which is not the same as your knock-off) is surprisingly good as a budget sight that isn't a T1 shape/replica, and that it was ironically funny that you traded for the cost of the genuine one. I never told you what to buy. I never said what you did was stupid

calm down

Uhh... Sorry?

Never implied you as being ignorant, never implied you don't shoot ARs, never took it as you saying I was stupid for not going with a genuine, nor was I trying to be arrogant, just was speaking matter of factly and trying to explain my rational a little bit.
I don't know you, I don't know what you know, and being that this is a forum other people besides you and I will be reading this. Don't take my posting a link to a sight on PA's website or my personal synopsis as being directed specifically at you, me trying to make a point, or me trying to prove something, and please don't take my opinion of Tru-Glo as a personal attack on your choice of optics.
Opinions are what they are. I'm sure what you use works for you, otherwise you wouldn't have it or would be openly expressing disdain for it.

I tend to type a lot on forums in a manner in which I would speak. If I am upset, trying to make a point, or directing something specifically at you, trust me that you'll know it ;)

Here's something unrelated but this is trying to prove a point. I don't know if it's still like this as the brands are probably outsourced now or got big enough to start their own production, but for a long time in America there was a grand total of 3 machines in the entire country that made spark plugs. ACDelco and Autolite, 100% the same spark plugs. Same manufacturer, same machine, same plugs. Someone tries to tell you that ACDelco is better than Autolite, laugh at them.

I don't claim that whoever makes Tru-Glo made my knockoff, but I do make the claim that it's a possibility.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 7 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (Jan 29th 2015, 6:33am)

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 10:27am

does it have parallax problems? because from what i gathered, ina irsoft if the sightt costs less than 50 it wil have parallax problems, and even when at higher pri ces, the chances that it will have parallax problems are still high.

so far, the only reed dots i've seen without parallax are some element and dytac dots(of which one is the t1 kac gen 3 i've spotted)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 4:58pm

does it have parallax problems? because from what i gathered, ina irsoft if the sightt costs less than 50 it wil have parallax problems, and even when at higher pri ces, the chances that it will have parallax problems are still high.

so far, the only reed dots i've seen without parallax are some element and dytac dots(of which one is the t1 kac gen 3 i've spotted)

not really - most of it is just (eye) muscle training. a lof of airsoft players don't know which eye their dominant in and/or haven't learned to view with both eyes open

just pick whatever style you like. if you want a bit more function, I wouldn't shop from airsoft sites at all. all the sub 50 ones lack clarity and quality fine adjustment, and the more expensive replica's come too close to "real" sights in price (like mentioned above)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 5:04pm

not really - most of it is just (eye) muscle training. a lof of airsoft players don't know which eye their dominant in and/or haven't learned to view with both eyes open

just pick whatever style you like. if you want a bit more function, I wouldn't shop from airsoft sites at all. all the sub 50 ones lack clarity and quality fine adjustment, and the more expensive replica's come too close to "real" sights in price (like mentioned above)

well, consider that the one i'm looking at at the moment(the dytac gen 3 t1) costs 88,+10 of lens protection + 9/15 of delivery, but at least i have the certainty of not getting a common looking sight that works as good as a real sight, with maybe the only problem of lenses that probably won't hold against much strenght(and i think i heard someone talking about ghosting, but i'm probubley confusing that with some other sight,and anyway it has no parallax)

if you think you can find something as equally good, but for less price(while considering delivery as well) then youre more than welcome, i'm not the most informed person on this stuff anyway.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 5:16pm

well, consider that the one i'm looking at at the moment(the dytac gen 3 t1) costs 88,+10 of lens protection + 9/15 of delivery, but at least i have the certainty of not getting a common looking sight that works as good as a real sight, with maybe the only problem of lenses that probably won't hold against much strenght(and i think i heard someone talking about ghosting, but i'm probubley confusing that with some other sight,and anyway it has no parallax)

if you think you can find something as equally good, but for less price(while considering delivery as well) then youre more than welcome, i'm not the most informed person on this stuff anyway.

they will all be fine - and even a real EOTech lens won't survive a bb impact (maybe 1? but wont be unscuffed)

honestly just pick based off looks and whatever you want. I've never come across a sight (even in the cheap ~$30 range) that has parallax problems. I think T1's look awkward on Tavor's so no idea on the Dytac you're looking at

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 5:28pm

they will all be fine - and even a real EOTech lens won't survive a bb impact (maybe 1? but wont be unscuffed)

honestly just pick based off looks and whatever you want. I've never come across a sight (even in the cheap ~$30 range) that has parallax problems. I think T1's look awkward on Tavor's so no idea on the Dytac you're looking at

it's this one:

and iirc only element and dytac make airsoft parallax-free sights, or at least acording to the ones i saw(comprehending js-tactical and G&P)

it also depends on what kind of bb impact you're talking about, i'm talking about <1 joule at 15+ meters

btw, so far i've seen that kind of t1 mount on a gun only here: Knight&#39;s Armament Company ShotShow 2011 - YouTube
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Jan 29th 2015, 7:41pm)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, January 29th 2015, 7:49pm

What's up with that mount? Cantilever style isn't necessary on a T1 style sight...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 3:01pm

so, today i SHOULD have gone playing, but at the very last second the game was disbanded,and i couldn't take photos or videos of the field, so i'll have to make a comparison with an image i found:

http://i59.tinypic.com/2je03m.jpg

imagine if there were no logs or pieces of wood at the side of the way, think of the way itself being large only 1/5 of what is depicted if not less(also with some broken logs that block it in some places, and you have to vault or crouch to continue walking), and imagine if there was half the trees and a lot more mud, that's basically what most of the field looks like, and also why i need better gloves and boots.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3