Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 12:59am

safe just for a little there, i heard SRC made good ASGs only starting from gen 3,

alsowhat do you mean "set up to fire 0.28"? it's not like they are of a different caliber...

The AK is a beaut. Real stamped steel and wood, only odd part is the bolt. Internals haven't given be trouble yet either.

I had to make some changes to the gas lock to make the M1911 fire better with .28g BBs. It really just seals the action a bit better and gets me a bit of extra velocity. I'm running 0.28s because in outdoor games people don't always feel sidearm hits.

wait a second... isn't there in canada a joule limit like in italy? i'm pretty sure i've heard so, just a sec i'll go check and then edit this post.

I hate how they're measuring it. It should be Newtons not Joules.

Everything is measured with .20g BBs, if it doesn't exceed limits with .20g it won't with any other load.

yeah i know, because the strenght that a .20 at 100 M/S will give is the same that a .30 will give at a certain lower velocity, but having it go higher than a certain amount means you're using a limited offensive power weapon to shoot at people, or worse: a war weapon(full-automatic weapon that are more than 1 joule in strenght fall into that category in italy)

Lol. The restrictions on Airsoft in so many countries are bullshit.

Thankfully CAnada has some of the less painstaking ones. Scotland is apparently very good too.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:02am

alsowhat do you mean "set up to fire 0.28"? it's not like they are of a different caliber...

Not a physics major here or an experienced airsofter, but I'd assume 0.28 gram pellets (as opposed to, what, 0.20?) would require more pressure to meet adequate velocity and more hopup effect to get proper distance, and would then mean that if you used lighter ammunition you'd get dangerously high velocity and a ridiculous ballistic arc due to too much back-spin.

What is the primary advantage to running heavier ammo in airsoft? Better penetration of soft cover like leaves and such, less effect by wind?

In the firearms world it basically translates to more stability in flight (more accuracy) and more retained energy at range. The lighter loads can actually be overstabalized and get severe spin-drift and other issues like poor terminal performance and the bullet actually "shedding" in flight, and they lose a lot of energy at distance. Part of why 5.56 has a bad rep of taking targets down in combat situations shooting over several hundred meters. Modern "heavy" ammunition performs much better, the lightest and most common stuff you see is usually around 55 grain and works fine in CQB, but if you are planning on 100m+ engagements or hunting 62 grain or even 77 grain ammo is available and a much better option.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:05am

What is the primary advantage to running heavier ammo in airsoft?

You get a THWACK instead of a FWIT when you peg some guy in the vest. They hear it more easily and call hits more. Also feels a bit more like a .45 when I hear it hitting like a ton of bricks.

It shoots at the field CQB limit [380fps] with .20gs at the chrono but more like 320 with .28gs because they seal better for some reason.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:09am

Better penetration of soft cover like leaves and such,

not really, what gives the strenght in joule is the stream of air and the lenght of the barrel,the weight of the projectille only chenges its affection by wind and obstacles,but it doesn't change the penetration of it as it the strenght it's the same, also it would have a lower velocity and thus having a shorter range in some cases.

this all unless you mod your weapon to shoot stronger by using a heavier spring or stronger stream of gas, that is.

but the strenght of the projectile would still be the same undependently of the weight,changing only the speed at which the projectile goes.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:24am

affection by wind

Your English is fun sometimes.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:29am

What is the primary advantage to running heavier ammo in airsoft?

You get a THWACK instead of a FWIT when you peg some guy in the vest. They hear it more easily and call hits more. Also feels a bit more like a .45 when I hear it hitting like a ton of bricks.

It shoots at the field CQB limit [380fps] with .20gs at the chrono but more like 320 with .28gs because they seal better for some reason.

I'll bet you some of it has to due with manufacturing quality as well. In the paintball world you can actually buy different bore barrels to accommodate variances in paintball diameter due to manufacturing tolerances. Some brands are better than others and some batches are better than others, you tend to get what you pay for. A box of 2000 might be as cheap as $30 or as expensive as $100! The $30 ones might shoot stupid all over the place and have a size variance between 0.678 inches and 0.690 inches, while the $100 ones might have a variance of only 0.682 to 0.684. Unfortunately, the performance gap between a $60 box and a $100 box isn't that great, but the gap between $20 and $60 is huge!

The one saving grace is that since a paintball is "soft", a sure bet is to get a barrel that is just a bit too small and let each paintball squeeze down the barrel. You get an amazing gas seal which translates to higher velocity, and holding the paintball firmly as it travels down the barrels means higher accuracy You end up using a little less gas per shot as well since less is wasted by being expelled around the ball, and you have to turn down the pressure to meet velocity limits.
The one drawback is it tends to make the gun louder. The gun makes a clear "pop" when the ball leaves the barrel in addition to the sound of the air expanding, instead of the gun just making a more "fat" sort of a thump. Or in the case of one of my brass barrel guns, it sounds like a wine bottle shooting off a cork. More of a "bloop".

Anyway, point being if the 0.28 gram BBs are more expensive, I'm sure they are just that much closer to 6mm than some cheaper 0.20 gram BBs, as well as being more "true" when it comes to them being a sphere.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:33am

Anyway, point being if the 0.28 gram BBs are more expensive, I'm sure they are just that much closer to 6mm than some cheaper 0.20 gram BBs...

I only get King Arms BBs, and the .28gs have the same tolerance.

They just seem to work better for some reason.

I run 0.35s for indoor.

The enemy team gets so salty when they see the shiny BBs in the magazines, even though they go like 180fps.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:33am

well, simply saying, i only go with 0.23+ grams bbs, even though we have a certain limit in italy.(i wouldn't use 0.30 with something made from marui though, the projectile would fall onto the ground at 30 meters most likely)

dodo: that's what happens when i don't speak english for more than 2 hours because i was watching some random shit such as japanase shoot em ups and stuff that seem to be born from cho aniki, but made by italian old anime fans.

dodox2:and why would that be? the strenght it's still the same, so why using more precise projectiles for... close quarters? i just don't get it.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:48am

SRC Gen III AKS74u

Gas or electric? I have that very same gun as the electric version, just got it working and fielded it after a long time recently.

The limit in Canada is 500 feet per second with .20g BBs; the joule limit would require something close to 1000fps to reach IIRC, so it's irrelevant. There's also the customs people's regulations for import where the gun has the fire over 366fps, though that's not a law, just something the customs people enforce, and not all the time; once it's in country this part doesn't matter.

Other than the SRC AKS-74UBN (yes, that's the proper name) which is technically my brother's (who also has a custom C7A2 and Tanaka Canadian-version Browning Hi-Power), my primary rifle is a replica of CoD4's "M4A1 Grenadier" built from a G&G Mk 18, and primary pistol is a replica of the same game's M1911 which is a Springfield Armory PX9109L (known as the "Loaded" model) built from a KJW KP-07 (MEU) which is currently at a gunsmith getting a new frame installed, and I have a magwell and new grips to install when I get it back. Along with these two, all my gear is effectively a fully functional cosplay of Captain Price. :D

I also have a Tokyo Marui Glock 26 which was my first proper airsoft gun, and my most recent addition, a Tokyo Marui AWS, the suppressed version of the AW / L96, which is a replica of the one used by Yachiyo Hinata in Stella Women's Academy.
Who Enjoys, Wins

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 1:51am

SRC Gen III AKS74u

Gas or electric? I have that very same gun as the electric version, just got it working and fielded it after a long time recently.

The limit in Canada is 500 feet per second with .20g BBs; the joule limit would require something close to 1000fps to reach IIRC, so it's irrelevant. There's also the customs people's regulations for import where the gun has the fire over 366fps, though that's not a law, just something the customs people enforce, and not all the time; once it's in country this part doesn't matter.

Other than the SRC AKS-74UBN (yes, that's the proper name) which is technically my brother's (who also has a custom C7A2 and Tanaka Canadian-version Browning Hi-Power), my primary rifle is a replica of CoD4's "M4A1 Grenadier" built from a G&G Mk 18, and primary pistol is a replica of the same game's M1911 which is a Springfield Armory PX9109L (known as the "Loaded" model) built from a KJW KP-07 (MEU) which is currently at a gunsmith getting a new frame installed, and I have a magwell and new grips to install when I get it back. Along with these two, all my gear is effectively a fully functional cosplay of Captain Price. :D

I also have a Tokyo Marui Glock 26 which was my first proper airsoft gun, and my most recent addition, a Tokyo Marui AWS, the suppressed version of the AW / L96, which is a replica of the one used by Yachiyo Hinata in Stella Women's Academy.

Electric. Too many winter games here to have a gas primary.

That scope riser is hideous O.o

Where do you get TM guns from? I've been trying to hunt down the FiveseveN for ages.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.