Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "iota-09" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 10:26pm

NiMH is a dying breed of battery in airsoft
I disagree. Unless more companies start building mosfets into their designs and start doing it for cheap (read; <$200. Not all of us can drop $350+ on a Krytac Trident), I don't see NiMH batteries going anywhere in airsoft for the near future. They're just plain cheaper to buy and less volatile when charging.

ah, I forget "regular" m4's need mosfets to not burn out trigger contacts. yeah....that's how much I work on Tavor's and NOT v2/M4 gearboxes. the microswitches in Tavors can handle the flow of LiPo's much better than the m4 trigger contact design.

anyway, sorry found the post kind of confusing to read Iota

you're saying that....

battery 1 = the old 9.6

battery 2 = "new" 8.4

battery 1 and battery 2 in Tavor = same RPM

battery 2 in the m4 = even less RPM?

I'm a little confused, maybe it's just me. I just realized that the idiot making us coffee at work has been making decaff all day.....

all correct until point 4, they both have the same rof, but it is way lower compared to when i first buyed the rifle, or even not-so-much long ago.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 10:43pm

i don't think you get that the problem isn't that the rof is low and i would like it to be higher, to problem is that the rof is absurdly low on my m4 compared to the tar and when first buyed.

NiMH is a dying breed of battery in airsoft
I disagree. Unless more companies start building mosfets into their designs and start doing it for cheap (read; <$200. Not all of us can drop $350+ on a Krytac Trident), I don't see NiMH batteries going anywhere in airsoft for the near future. They're just plain cheaper to buy and less volatile when charging.

ah, I forget "regular" m4's need mosfets to not burn out trigger contacts. yeah....that's how much I work on Tavor's and NOT v2/M4 gearboxes. the microswitches in Tavors can handle the flow of LiPo's much better than the m4 trigger contact design.

anyway, sorry found the post kind of confusing to read Iota

you're saying that....

battery 1 = the old 9.6

battery 2 = "new" 8.4

battery 1 and battery 2 in Tavor = same RPM

battery 2 in the m4 = even less RPM?

I'm a little confused, maybe it's just me. I just realized that the idiot making us coffee at work has been making decaff all day.....

all correct until point 4, they both have the same rof, but it is way lower compared to when i first buyed the rifle, or even not-so-much long ago.

ok so the ROF on the M4, regardless of battery, is abnormally low

wiring is usually it fires or it doesn't problem, not really rof.

but if you're talking about an old gun, could be quite a few things. motor with poor reliability, unsmooth action on the piston causing drag on the gears, etc etc. too many variables and possibilities to say it's an easy fix for a non-experienced tech

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, January 23rd 2015, 10:56pm

Got a guy coming to buy this one tomorrow

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Saturday, January 24th 2015, 2:33am

I have my dad breathing down my neck to sell off some of my stuff. Plan on selling my other chest rig, my shotgun, most of my multicam tactical gear (going tan, but keeping the pants: way too comfortable for me to get rid of them) and two of my sidearms (keeping the Umarex USP because loaner gun). Now I just gotta find a suitable place to take pictures, post it all on ebay and hopefully get it sold.

EDIT: oh hey post 2300.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 25th 2015, 3:26pm

tried out the tar on the field today, worked extremely good, even though the 0.28 are too much for it and i had to put the hop-up at max to get a good result(which was perfect, flying in a straight line for 30-40 meters with a rose of i guess 30 cms on full auto while free-shooting at said distance,but i'll guess next time i'll buy 0.25)
rof was also good to be using just the 8.4 battery that comes with it,, awkwardly enough, the only 3 problems i had with it(of which only 1 major)are:
1:the standard mag doesn't feed well with it, 10 shots and only 2-3 fired(it does, kind of, feed on the m4 though)
2:the aiming movement isn't very natural, i have tu put itin horizantal in line with the height of my shoulder and then rotate it to aim, instead of simply going for the should
3:i have no idea on how to transport it between the end games

also the iron sights suck balls, i'm decided to buy an eotech or micro t1(that i had the chance to try on the tavor) when i get money, also buying no less than 3 mid-low cap, as that is surely going to be enough considering today i barely shot around 50-60 shots in total.

about the game, we had around 5 rounds of a (single) wave mode, where there would be 2-3 defenders in a spawn point they picked and 5-6 attackers,got to do only one as defender(ain't my thing in the middle of the forest) but got to win 3, lose 1-2 and even had a draw.
killed 1-2 guys and died every round but the first.

the field today was quite muddy even though there were dry areas, so at the start, to get on a hillside(as last man to climb) i ended up rolling down the the hill eating dirt like a child that goes on a slide while facing the slide.
also the boss of the day is freaking usain bolt, the moment i saw him he fled, and in less than a minute he circled the alll area(i'd say he did 100-150 metters of run and did some climbing) ending up 20 meters above me, all of this while using a fully-charged m249.

overall it was fun, especially 'cause except for the start in which we had to run around some areas due to my weight making me unable to climb the mud,i didn't really feel like my heart would stop, i had a pretty good time especially on the last round in which i've been the focal point of the squad(until i died that is)

also,old mechanix gloves aren't fit for climbing mud hills and forest games, i'll have to buy new gloves in not too much time from now.

oh and
@Exyia
after i bumped the tavor in 1 and a bit more centimeters of earth(as in, the flash hider was 1cm full of earth, had take it off or nothing would have come out of the barrel), i thought that even though it still shoots accurately i should probably clean the barrel inside-out, just to be sure, do you know any way to do so without making a mess or should i just go on and hope nothing entered the barrel?
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Jan 26th 2015, 3:51pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 5:19pm

oh and
@Exyia
after i bumped the tavor in 1 and a bit more centimeters of earth(as in, the flash hider was 1cm full of earth, had take it off or nothing would have come out of the barrel), i thought that even though it still shoots accurately i should probably clean the barrel inside-out, just to be sure, do you know any way to do so without making a mess or should i just go on and hope nothing entered the barrel?

glad you had fun!

without taking the gearbox out (not apart, just out of the gun shell), about all you can do is try your best to swab the barrel with a long cloth and such.....but being a bullpup, that barrel is 509mm in length lol.

some might suggest blowing it out with compressed air, but I doubt you'll get enough air pressure to blow it out clean on such a long barrel

but if the bb's aren't being jammed, then most of it is probably cleaned out already. There is very little clearance between a BB and the walls of a barrel (we're talking like ~0.05mm of clearance on most stock barrels) - so any small amount of debris would have either jammed it or have been hitting the BB so heavily you would have noticed it

no-name magazines can be a flip of the coin on feeding reliably, and the Tavor has a slightly longer hop-up feeding nozzle, so it will feed a few bb's less towards empty than a normal M4.

if/when you need more magazines, I had the best luck with these on my Tavor:

I linked pictures so you can find them on whichever local retailer you have overseas. Both of these feed well on Tavors, and fit well on Tavors - since the magwell is a bit wide, some magazines are narrow enough to have some wobble when inserted (like the KWA ones, don't recommend those).

neither of the above free-fall - but I stopped caring about that a while ago. I used to sand a bit of the magazine width so that they free-fall, but then I would just have to pick them up off the ground to put in a dump pouch....so..../shrug I just remove them by hand like AK users do. I can still reload very rapidly doing so, so I stopped caring - as long as they fit without wobble

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 5:53pm

ok, then i will just let it be, i don't think i put it in a position where mud would have entered anyway... as for the mags , i only found them in both colors(not sure what they mean, as in, black body and lower tan or the opposite?) here CARICATORE MID CAP DA 120bb TAN/NERO G&G (G081013)CARICATORI FUCILIMONOFILARI

or, i could buy these King arms caricatore 120 colpi per m16 (3 for 28 or 5 for 35)
not sure how KA feed on tavors.

also in both case i can't see a decent sight on the stores,not holos at least, as i'm only left with js tactical and G&P stuff which are either pricey or shitty, so i was thinking of going for a standard red dot tube-style, but i don't know which suck and which don't.,thing is for sure though: i have to get a sight, it takes me too much to aim with these iron sights, i nearly got killed for it once(like, i was able to take my time and aim just because i wasn't moving), and probably got killed for it the other times.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:07pm

@Exyia
I got a couple of those GR120 midcaps the last time I went airsofting, but one of them had the extended follower screw up after a bb got in behind it. Have you cracked one of those things open and reassembled it? 'Cuz I took it apart could use some pointers on getting it all back together.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:19pm

btw: i said 5 of those... forgot to say that it's 5 of those in earth color or 5 of the shorter(85) ones for around 28.

considering how much we shoot every sunday, i think i'd be happy even with the 85r

and also the boxes are of those in abs, but it doesn't matter as we never drop them, and anyway earth is softer than concrete.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Jan 26th 2015, 6:24pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 26th 2015, 6:30pm

@Exyia
I got a couple of those GR120 midcaps the last time I went airsofting, but one of them had the extended follower screw up after a bb got in behind it. Have you cracked one of those things open and reassembled it? 'Cuz I took it apart could use some pointers on getting it all back together.

Ironically, since the Tavor's hopup feed tube is slightly longer, that's why I recommend those G&G ones - the feeding nozzle won't hit the air nozzle because of the longer Tavor hop-up chamber.....so yeah, never came across that problem :)

Any of those "GI" style ones work too, as they're all wider than the fancy polymer ones, they fit snugly in the magwell. But the follower mentioned above is also a reason I like the G&G's on Tavors - help feed the last few bb's because of the longer hop-up chamber, and easy to tell when the magazine is empty (my Tavor has a relatively high ROF, so it's nice to be 100% sure that it's empty from a quick glance for a follower popping out of the magazine).

here's the only pic I could find about what I'm talking about (from quick googling, maybe I could find a better pic if I looked hard enough)