Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 8:20pm

It got nicknamed the Casket (The thing the dead guy lies in at funerals, English isn't my first langauge)

For its appearance or because it typically ended up carrying dead people?

Partly because of the shape, also because the armor is so thin that most things penetrate it and the early models had the open roof so it was kinda easy to just drop in a grenade or molotov, especially in urban combat... ;o

Also extremely loud and cramped, especially after they added a roof to address the grenade issue...

It's better than nothing, but other than that... It's kinda shit ;o

Magically, no one has ever died in one of these, but they saved numerous lives in Congo

Yeah, though I'd put that more on tactics than the vehicle, only ~16 Swedes were lost in Kongo afaik, 7 to accidents, 2 missing, 7 in combat.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aenonar" (Dec 9th 2014, 8:26pm)

• "KP-Bil!" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 8:25pm

It got nicknamed the Casket (The thing the dead guy lies in at funerals, English isn't my first langauge)

Partly because of the shape, also because the armor is so thin that most things penetrate it and the early models had the open roof so it was kinda easy to just drop in a grenade or molotov, especially in urban combat... ;o

Also extremely loud and cramped, especially after they added a roof to address the grenade issue...

It's better than nothing, but other than that... It's kinda shit ;o

Magically, no one has ever died in one of these, but they saved numerous lives in Congo

Yeah, though I'd put that more on tactics than the vehicle, only ~16 Swedes were lost in Kongo afaik, 7 to accidents, 2 missing, 7 in combat

Something like that, did you watch the documentary Kongoveteranerna on SVT1?
National Guard Youth.

De hafva aldrig wikit eller för sin egen dehl tappadt - They have never deviated or for their own part lost
- Motto of the Swedish Norrbotten Regiment, I 19.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 8:28pm

Yep

Looked up a bit about the casualties, there were several soldiers wounded inside the cars, so it's more luck that no one actually died ;o

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

• "KP-Bil!" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 5th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 8:29pm

Yep

Looked up a bit about the casualties, there were several soldiers wounded inside the cars, so it's more luck that no one actually died ;o

''Luck'' Pfft, Swedish Medical Corps is what it's called xD
National Guard Youth.

De hafva aldrig wikit eller för sin egen dehl tappadt - They have never deviated or for their own part lost
- Motto of the Swedish Norrbotten Regiment, I 19.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 8:39pm

''Luck'' Pfft, Swedish Medical Corps is what it's called xD

Tell 'em!

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 9:25pm

It got nicknamed the Casket
Sounds kinda like the nickname the Germans gave the M4 Sherman tank during World War II: "Ronson" (which used to be a cigarette lighter company), because after getting hit it'd "light the first time, every time."

The early versions of the Sherman anyway. which were still superior to the German Panzers(it was field guns that popped tanks). with the addition of wet storage, They didn't have a habit of exploding as easily.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 9:41pm

@The World Champion
I wouldn't say that the Sherman was better than the panzer. In a one-on-one fight most panzers had better armor (never mind the bigger gun) to the point that the Shermans needed to be at point-blank range to do anything. The Sherman's main strength (ditto Russian T33) was in numbers: they were a lot cheaper and easier to produce (on top of Germany's difficulty to produce things as the war dragged on) and it wasn't hard to overwhelm even a tiger with a good Zerg rush.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, December 9th 2014, 10:13pm

@The World Champion
I wouldn't say that the Sherman was better than the panzer. In a one-on-one fight most panzers had better armor (never mind the bigger gun) to the point that the Shermans needed to be at point-blank range to do anything. The Sherman's main strength (ditto Russian T33) was in numbers: they were a lot cheaper and easier to produce (on top of Germany's difficulty to produce things as the war dragged on) and it wasn't hard to overwhelm even a tiger with a good Zerg rush.

You seem to be confusing Panzers with the Panthers and Tigers.

The Panzer Mark III and IVs were inferior to the M4 Sherman. The M4 was faster at 25 to 30mph when compared to the III's 12mph and IV's 16mph. M4 has thicker armor and a gyrostabilizer.

Everybody remembers the Tiger because it was big and scary, because it was big and scary. That was heavy tanks are, but it was The Panzer models that made up the bulk of German armor. The World Champion isn't saying they are terrible, but by the time the M4 Sherman rolled out in 1940, the Mark III was 5 years old which is a lifetime during war and was more than a match for the Mark IV.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>