Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 10:42pm

On the topic of keyboards I'm using a Steel Series Merc Stealth. The gaming zone is awesome!

Wish it was mechanical though. I love blue switches. Thinking of getting a Ducky Mini just for a typing surface.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, November 11th 2014, 11:24pm

acceleration isn't even [...] desired in gaming

Exactly.

You should read up on sensors.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 12:51am

acceleration isn't even [...] desired in gaming

Exactly.

You should read up on sensors.

Uhh. Care to elaborate a little more? I'm not about to go on a wild goose chase hunting for answers to questions I have no basis on nor know that I even have.

What am I missing? Because your comment is over my head.

Not bothering to hide my ignorance here, I'm no expert on PC related hardware, but you could stand to put a little more direction and effort into your "education".
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 3:06am

Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

TheMightyVoice

The Pantless Messiah Returns

(1,830)

Date of registration
: May 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 3:25am

Roccat>Logitech

The Tyon is an MMO mouse made for macros and shit, you sure you want that?
Yeah. Everyone does.
Eat your heart out, Badger.

Spoiler Spoiler

<elementofprgress> yummm baby jesus
<elementofprgress> but i'd prefer jesus with ketchup

<cloon> women are allowed to play hockey?
<daddygreeenjeans> body checks are a fundamental part of women's suffrage

<Riesig> "... I'M GAY..."

steamboat28: the doctors at the ER found my nipples, too!
steamboat28: it just..y'know...took them a razor and two orderlies.

<Legion> And damn, now I really want some [redacted] penetrator measurements

<Rezal> peipin, why did you tell them you brought your phone?
<Pepin_the_Short> Because there’s like a one in five chance of getting searched on the way out
<Pepin_the_Short> And trying to sneak the fucker out is way worse than letting them look at Cloon’s dick pics.

17:52:08 <Rezal> Unfortunately, this video is not available in your country because it could contain music, for which we could not agree on conditions of use with GEMA.
17:52:15 <ToTheSun> lolgema
17:52:15 <TheMightyVoice> lolgema

<Legion> But I literally am Hitler right now
Somehow my bullets are magnetically attracted to popular Youtubers, but theirs rarely seem to hit me.

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 3:41am

Yeah. Everyone does.

Something needs a cleaning/scrubbing.
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 3:44am

I used to have a so called "flawless" mouse (correct s/n G400). I now have an M95 that supposedly isn't "flawless" I can't tell the difference but the added buttons, better DPI control and super shape for my particular grip make it work better for me overall.

So what am I missing?

Date of registration
: Jun 29th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 4:58am

Logitech's G502 is THE best sensor on the market right now - period. It seriously makes everyone else's implementation look like trash. absolutely no acceleration at any dpi level, any speed. don't buy into the stupid "press" reviews of mice - none of them even do an acceleration/tracking test
No bullshit reviews on OCN.net:

Logitech G502 Proteus Core Gaming Mouse review - by Ino

the only reason not to go with a g502 is if it's too heavy for you or doesn't fit you comfortably

as for keyboard, CM Storm keyboards are where the value ends - there's a big overpriced/overhyped/flashycrap gap (esp that stupid Corsair K70 RGB) with mechanical keyboards until Ducky/topre/realforce/etc when you go above the price point of CM Storm keyboards

I personally think the Razer Orbweaver is ergonomically superior, but trying to talk people off of a WASD keyboard is something I gave up on a while ago. All I'll say is - all you "PCMasterRace" people...console users accomplish all movement with a single thumb - yet you use 3 fingers that also have to handle the tasks of reloading/spotting/switching weapons/nades/etc???? ;) think about it......(and then you can get a keyboard with switches purely for typing)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 12th 2014, 11:05am

I'm not about to go on a wild goose chase

I don't mind elaborating. I simply meant that there are popular sites/forums devoted to everything hardware related that have many topics on the subject.

Basically, the great majority of the sensors on the market have acceleration (positive or negative), angle snapping, frequency issues, jitter, surface-dependant tracking issues, etc. Provided that you choose the right surface for your mouse (which would be a cloth/hybrid pad, given the major downsides of hard surfaces), you can easily avoid tracking issues and most jitter. Frequency issues are a bit overstated. However, you're still left with flaws inherent to the sensor itself. Some brands put emphasis on things noone needs, like insane max DPI levels or whatever, regardless of other areas in which the sensor equipped on their mice might underperform.

With the rise in popularity of e-sports, brands have been making a bigger effort to cater to players in meaningful ways. That's why brands like Roccat, Razer, and Steelseries released mice like the Savu, the 2013 DA, and the Rival. These don't do 16k DPI, God knows how many millions of colors on LED's, and whatever else is superfluous. What they do have, though, are no-nonsense sensors like the Avago 3090 and 3310 that progress in key areas like max perfect tracking speed, LoD, and tracking consistency. Considering they're either similarly priced or cheaper, there's really no reason to buy a worse sensor. You can find a model or two from each brand nowadays with a good sensor.

the only reason not to go with a g502 is if it's too heavy for you or doesn't fit you comfortably

That's where the Zowie FK1 comes in. It has the same sensor and weighs only 90 grams (compared to the G502's 132 grams).

Since you're at it...
http://www.overclock.net/t/1500615/zowie…e-review-by-ino

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ToTheSun!" (Nov 12th 2014, 3:32pm)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 13th 2014, 2:26am

I don't mind elaborating. I simply meant that there are popular sites/forums devoted to everything hardware related that have many topics on the subject.

Basically, the great majority of the sensors on the market have acceleration (positive or negative), angle snapping, frequency issues, jitter, surface-dependant tracking issues, etc. Provided that you choose the right surface for your mouse (which would be a cloth/hybrid pad, given the major downsides of hard surfaces), you can easily avoid tracking issues and most jitter. Frequency issues are a bit overstated. However, you're still left with flaws inherent to the sensor itself. Some brands put emphasis on things noone needs, like insane max DPI levels or whatever, regardless of other areas in which the sensor equipped on their mice might underperform.

With the rise in popularity of e-sports, brands have been making a bigger effort to cater to players in meaningful ways. That's why brands like Roccat, Razer, and Steelseries released mice like the Savu, the 2013 DA, and the Rival. These don't do 16k DPI, God knows how many millions of colors on LED's, and whatever else is superfluous. What they do have, though, are no-nonsense sensors like the Avago 3090 and 3310 that progress in key areas like max perfect tracking speed, LoD, and tracking consistency. Considering they're either similarly priced or cheaper, there's really no reason to buy a worse sensor. You can find a model or two from each brand nowadays with a good sensor.

So the sensors themselves have native acceleration? I would never have thought. That's kind of weird, I thought it'd all be in interpretation.

I'm honestly surprised that more companies don't give you a choice when it comes to sensor. Much like how the same keyboards can be had with a multitude of different switches, mice should have more than a few sensors to choose from.
That being said, I still am quite satisfied with my mouse. To me the features of the mouse were more important than the sensor itself. I use a good surface, and for the casual gaming I do I've never noticed any sort of inconstancy, errors, or jitter, and the Roccat software suite and mouse design is superb. I can overlook a less than perfect sensor for that...

Thanks for the detailed reply, I was worried my comment would be interpreted as me being a smart-ass or something rather than just digging. :thumbup:
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler