Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 9:30pm

If you're not having fun, why the hell are you playing the game?

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 9:37pm

Why would you play for stats? It's not like they actually mean anything in this game. There is no matchmaking process where stats play any role so no, I don't play for stats and only for fun.

So should you.

It comes from the idea that anybody who is going positive is playing too hard and having no fun, meanwhile the guy who is 2 and 35 is having all the fun and is 3 seconds from a fun overdose and has fun oozing out of his eyes and nose.

This is an actual thing people believe.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham·pi·on
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion — Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The World Champion" (Nov 5th 2014, 9:22am)

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,624)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 9:39pm

@Darktan
I grab a beer and have fun. If I happen to win - nice. But the game is not my life.

The game is not my life either, and I have enormous fun when playing the game. Playing to Win and having fun are not mutually exclusive, generally speaking, the former causes the latter.

I do find it entertaining that people somehow separate playing to win, or doing well even, from having fun. and that "fun" can only be achieved through NOT playing to win.

People don't put effort into improving in-game whilst skating on a lake of hatred for it. I assure you, those of us who improve and get deeply skilled at the game do it BECAUSE they enjoy the game, and that getting better and doing better and FACING better opponents only deepens that love of playing.

You don't organise and play in scrims and matches against other teams of varying size in servers that have zero-stat tracking, and no financial reward for victory without actually really enjoying the game.

If you play the game, and don't have fun, you're doing it wrong.

I Play to Win.

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

EMPOWER EMPOWER EMPOWER

Date of registration
: Oct 2nd 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 9:42pm

Why would you play for stats? It's not like they actually mean anything in this game. There is no matchmaking process where stats play any role so no, I don't play for stats and only for fun.

So should you.

It comes from the idea that anybody who is going positive is playing to hard and having no fun, meanwhile the guy who is 2 and 35 is having all the fun and is 3 seconds from a fun overdose and has fun oozing out of his eyes and nose.

This is an actual thing people believe.

Unfortunately true.
Also some people believe that you can only have fun while wielding ace23/AWS/The Doge/Deagle/Inthervenshiun and the such...
I have most fun while RPK'ing
Lime Neeson is a shämän

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 10:47pm

As has been said, they're not really either or. I think of having fun as a tier above playing to win, in that you can have fun and play to win, or have fun and not play to win. Basically, what's fun is personal and differs for everyone, but as long as you're trying to have the most fun you can, that's how you should be playing.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Oct 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, November 4th 2014, 11:28pm

Always play for fun. Trolling metro/locker players and snipers is where most of my fun comes from.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 12:51am

I have never played for skill, for points, for accuracy, for SPM, etc.

I don't give a rat's ass about my global rank or my abilities on paper vs another.

I play as whatever kit I want, with whatever weapon I want, whenever I want.

I do play with a platoon frequently, and I do play to win often enough, and sometimes it feels more like work than play, but if it wasn't for fun I wouldn't do it. In the end I don't care if I win or lose, I care if I had a smile, a laugh, and made the clock spin faster than usual.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 4:58am

[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Pheo

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 5:52am

My version of fun is crushing the opposing teams chances of winning.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, November 5th 2014, 6:09am

My version of fun is crushing the opposing teams chances of winning.

You monster!
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.