Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 8:33pm

I used Inventor for class. Got a taste of Solidworks and never looked back. Luckily, we use Solidworks at work. I think Solidworks' multi-body tools are better than Inventor's.

Absolutely. And that tends to hold true the higher up you go on the cost curve.

Almost everyone uses Solidworks at work :P

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 8:43pm

They're thinking of changing to Creo, though, as some of its tools are more suited for our line of work. We'll see how that goes.

The McGoat

The McMoose Murderer

(563)

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 9:32pm

Actually, NOLB did have a pretty profound impact on how education worked in South Carolina, the retards stopped trying because they knew they'd get to high school eventually anyways and the state's exit exam went retarded. A bunch of teachers complained but they couldn't change it.

Our exam, the HSAP, was a joke. Each question (except for a few short work-out problems on the math section) was a 4-option multiple choice question. If you get a question right once, it's considered right each subsequent time (most people don't know this). So if you're a total retard, you can pick A one time you take it, B the next, etc., until you pass after taking it four of five times.

The math part is the easiest to pick fun of. You could use a calculator and it opened with "What is 14-8?" The 'hard work-out problem' asked us to average six numbers. Show-your-work-or-you -don't-get-credit kind of deal.

The pass rate is 48% in my home county.

Oh, and now, the new schools in my county are firing teachers who repeatedly fail students. A student who fails a test is allowed to retake it until he passes and is allowed to use class time to do homework he "forgot" to do. The grade scale for homework and quizzes is 70-100 instead of 0-100 where my brother went. No one learns anything because they pass tests via RNG and do homework in class.
Holy hell. I've heard of systems like this at a theoretical level, but never knew they were actually implemented. In New York there are two sets of standards an advanced and a mandatory level. Each student who wishes to pass high school must pass a series of 'regents' exams that are standardized across the entire state. Mandatory classes are easy, but still require some level of knowledge. The tests become rather difficult at the advanced level, with a pass/fail rate of about 50% on the Trigonometry/Algebra 2 regents . People fail these things. Regularly. The examples you provided are things that well below the mandatory level algebra 1 regents. Since my high school also offers AP courses on top of the advanced regents, we've had graduates enter into college as if they had already completed 2 years of work.

How is there this much of a difference?

This post by "Krolman" (Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 9:39pm) has been deleted by user "theaha" (Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 9:54pm) with the following reason: removed by request

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, September 9th 2014, 9:46pm

Actually, NOLB did have a pretty profound impact on how education worked in South Carolina, the retards stopped trying because they knew they'd get to high school eventually anyways and the state's exit exam went retarded. A bunch of teachers complained but they couldn't change it.

Our exam, the HSAP, was a joke. Each question (except for a few short work-out problems on the math section) was a 4-option multiple choice question. If you get a question right once, it's considered right each subsequent time (most people don't know this). So if you're a total retard, you can pick A one time you take it, B the next, etc., until you pass after taking it four of five times.

The math part is the easiest to pick fun of. You could use a calculator and it opened with "What is 14-8?" The 'hard work-out problem' asked us to average six numbers. Show-your-work-or-you -don't-get-credit kind of deal.

The pass rate is 48% in my home county.

Oh, and now, the new schools in my county are firing teachers who repeatedly fail students. A student who fails a test is allowed to retake it until he passes and is allowed to use class time to do homework he "forgot" to do. The grade scale for homework and quizzes is 70-100 instead of 0-100 where my brother went. No one learns anything because they pass tests via RNG and do homework in class.
Holy hell. I've heard of systems like this at a theoretical level, but never knew they were actually implemented. In New York there are two sets of standards an advanced and a mandatory level. Each student who wishes to pass high school must pass a series of 'regents' exams that are standardized across the entire state. Mandatory classes are easy, but still require some level of knowledge. The tests become rather difficult at the advanced level, with a pass/fail rate of about 50% on the Trigonometry/Algebra 2 regents . People fail these things. Regularly. The examples you provided are things that well below the mandatory level algebra 1 regents. Since my high school also offers AP courses on top of the advanced regents, we've had graduates enter into college as if they had already completed 2 years of work.

How is there this much of a difference?

South Carolina has a strong history of being dumb when it comes to education. See the court case from a few years ago when the government offered SC some money for education and we didn't want to take it. We were the only state which tried to pull it. There's a lot of "I graduated middle school, I turned out fine" and "science might disprove religion so kids shouldn't go to school because they might begin to trust science." People strongly oppose education back home--officials have gotten elected to minor offices near where I live running on anti-education platforms (a few ran in Charleston recently, no idea if they won).

It doesn't help that rednecks are about as dumb as the stories say.

Now, I did manage to get a reasonable high school education because SC has a good gifted school or two (SCGSSM)--I entered college as a sophomore and had taken classes beyond what the AP tests for (three math courses and a few science courses). That said, regular public high school is a joke.

Ah, I have fond memories of "8th grade prom" hosted by my middle school for people who wouldn't make it through high school...I slow-danced with my first crush back then, it was fun.

On-topic
I've used Inventor since middle school but don't have any particularly strong ties to it. Most of my experience with it (as mentioned far earlier) has been negative because of other things.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Wednesday, September 17th 2014, 5:46pm

Truth be told, though, Solidworks is absolute shit at creating lofts that can be used with multi-body intersecting tools because it'll just tell you to fuck off with your geometry error.