Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "MadMattDog" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 26th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, September 1st 2014, 4:44am

Recording BF4 using OBS help

So I want to start recording some BF4 gameplay using OBS. I play BF4 at 60hz at 1920x1080. My system specs are
Intel i7 4770 3.9 ghz quad core
GTX 670
16gb ram

Hard drive R/W speed is about 6mb/s afaik.

Normally with everything on Battlefield High settings preset I get a 99% constant 60 fps(Which I have it capped at). My OBS settings give me nice quality videos for whatever I record, e.g Titanfall(mostly everything set to high and still get a constant 60 fps), COD 4, Payday 2. I know recording is going to impact performance and when I start recording in BF4 with my regular settings with OBS my fps is nearly halved and usually only gets up to 55-60 when no ones around but goes between 30-45 when the actions heavy. Which ofc isn't acceptable. I'm looking for some tips as to how to tweak BF4 so it runs well and doesn't look like crap while recording. What settings specifically affect what, like stuff that more GPU intensive that I could turn down or tweak with a user.cfg file. Also I can post my OBS settings if anyone's familiar enough with that to get good quality recording while having a bit less strain on my gpu, which I guess is the limiting factor here.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, September 1st 2014, 5:03am

OBS does not like BF4. Even if the game still runs at 60 fps, the video will often be some stuttery shit at 45 fps or worse. Use dxtory or something else.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 1st 2014, 5:11am

So there's no work around or settings you can change? That's pretty bad. I did have trouble getting it to start recording, since BF4 doesn't appear as a task in the task manager for OBS to detect, only a process, which it can't. I'll look into getting dxtory then. if there really is no way to use OBS.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 1st 2014, 5:33am

You can reduce x264 preset to ultrafast an increase bitrate and see whether this helps.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 1st 2014, 6:12am

Increase to what though. Current I've got it on superfast with a bit rate of 20k(not using CBR with a quality balance of 10).

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, September 1st 2014, 7:44am

mad get dxtory its not a resorce pig i use it on a med low end system with 3 to 5 fps loss and stable as a rock
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, September 1st 2014, 8:08am

Increase until it looks good enough?
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -