Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Sir Sparhawk" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 4:21am

yea, in return for not getting that fancy slip of paper, you are allowed to essentially "earn" as many degrees as you want. AFAIK most colleges these days have the option to take a test when you sign up to earn credits for courses that you haven't actually taken yet. So theoretically you could study the shit out of all the subjects you need for a given degree and then go and take said test and pretty much get your degree in the first semester. Granted, it might take another semester if you don't score high enough on the tests or if they don't allow the test for certain subject matters.

But all that is besides the point. I'm 99.9% sure that this resource was given out so that people could be free to learn what they want, when they want, and at their own pace. Yes, it sucks that you could theoretically earn a degree but not actually get one but at the same time, you're not paying a penny for any of it and you can skip over all the boring Gen Ed requirements and just go straight for the courses that interest you.

also, apologies up front if this seems a little ranty, Ive been up for over 36 hours and am on my way to bed. On that note, Gnight
Greatest insult I've ever read

My Lord, I find thy face apelike and thy form misshapen. Thy beard, moreover, is an offense against decency, resembling more closely the scabrous fir which doth decorate the hinder portion of a mongrel dog than a proper adornement for a human face. Is it possible that thy mother, seized by some wild lechery, did dally at some time past with a randy goat? -Mandorallen

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 4:55am

Thank you for sharing this.

Date of registration
: Nov 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 5:01am

I've used MIT, Standford and nptel extensively to prepare entire exams/courses at the current uni I'm going (FIUBA). Which is free anyways, but is very far from my home so I'm lazy to actual go to the classes most of the time
This is where I'm coming from: Clicky

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 5:54am

It's nice to have access to stuff like this (I've used published MIT materials before to study) but unfortunately doesn't come with the paper that says that you know what you're doing. And unfortunately, the piece of paper matters more than the knowledge itself when it comes to getting a job.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 10:37am

And unfortunately, the piece of paper matters more than the knowledge itself when it comes to getting a job.

Exactly. I guess it's nice to learn about this stuff in a more condensed form or as preparation for college instead of reading 9001 different books at the library or the internet. So, GG to the OP.

Then again, you guys can always study in Portugal. You can get a degree for 1k a year in tuition. You also get paid during your master's and doctorate if you do research.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 1:00pm

And unfortunately, the piece of paper matters more than the knowledge itself when it comes to getting a job.

Exactly. I guess it's nice to learn about this stuff in a more condensed form or as preparation for college instead of reading 9001 different books at the library or the internet. So, GG to the OP.

Then again, you guys can always study in Portugal. You can get a degree for 1k a year in tuition. You also get paid during your master's and doctorate if you do research.

Or in Finland ;).

yea, in return for not getting that fancy slip of paper, you are allowed to essentially "earn" as many degrees as you want.

Degree == that paper.

Public and free lecture materials from places like MIT are great coz they are prepared and presented at a quality level above most other universities. So using them to support collage/university studies can be really useful. But one is in collage/university exclusively for the degree; knowledge without the degree is ~100% useless (from the perspective of an academic/industrial employer).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 2:31pm

Papers suck.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

KROLMAN

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, August 12th 2014, 3:13pm

@Riesig
But they are shinny

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration
: Apr 16th 2013

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 5:32am

Many thanks for sharing this. If only I had knew about it earlier in the summer :( .

theaha

(1,051)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, August 13th 2014, 6:06am

I have recently applied for a job that typical requires a college degree. This past 6 months I have been doing these online classes instead of going to school as i needed to work/save up money before going back. On my job application I mentioned that classes that I took and the fact that I have all my completed tests/homework for the class. The interviewer talked about this and mentioned that it was a unique and no one else applied with this (since most probably had degrees) and that it was enough to bump me to being interviewed. I mentioned it as a supplement and it was taken as such.

all that to say I really enjoyed them and thought that the classes were good and maybe just maybe I get this fantastic job. :D
----------------------------
<Haemoglobin> I was like LOLOLOLOL HERE COMES THE PAIN
----------------------------
<J0hn> if it's a computer, i touch it... professionally
---------------------------