Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Thehaxusator" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 3:06pm

IIRC the M24 and SV-98 are nearly identical in performance, it's just the reticle in the scope that is different.

The M95 is higher damage and slower ROF with a penetration advantage (IIRC it was the only sniper that could shoot out pilots), the GOL has no scope sway and an accurate reticle but a slightly lower ROF.

Personally I just stuck with the M24. IMHO it has the best scope, and as a bonus is has the second fastest ROF. The GOL's scope was never an advantage for me and I thought the M95 was too slow for the slight advantage it has against armored targets.

For run-n-gun I'd use the SV98 with a low mag optic, for sniping it was M24 all the way.

Ah BFBC2. I have fond memories of that game. The buggy instakill knife, the epic M1-garand, the 40mm shotgun being ridiculous (40mm shotgun blows in BF3/BF4)... So much of battlefield is better now, but sometimes it's the bugs and imperfections that make a game great.

The knife is one of the only things pissing me off. Ppl jumping around and launch knifing you from 5 meters away.

Date of registration
: Aug 18th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, February 8th 2014, 4:29pm

The knife in BC2 was incredibly broken from the outset. I thought that COD knife was bad, bit I believe that this was worse. (Not including the commando perk, now THAT was hilariously OP.)
Honestly, it was viable to run lightweight soldier kit and run around knifing in the enemy deployment area. This was much worse in Rush. Towards the end of its life, the ammount of twats doing this was unbearable. It didn't help that most weapons had hilariously low TTK, and this was waiting to happen...
Always knee-deep in the dead...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 12:54pm

@Nick 30075
What confuses me about bc2 gun recoil is that the recoil and recoil increase that it given in the charts is comparable if not higher than bf3 and bf4 recoil, yet the recoil in bc2 feels way less than those games. In the description it says angle increase, so i assume it is also measured in degrees. What am i missing here?

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 1:14pm

I was summoned?

Basically, the SV98 is better than every other sniper rifle. 10 rounds and fastest bolt action as well as identical drop to all other snipers (which are the only guns with drop in the game by the way). The M95 does more damage between 10-20m, but thats the only advantage. The only difference in snipers is the scope really, and the SV98 is my personal favourite. If you want to see it in action, look at this guy on YouTube called Sgt. Enigma and look at his BC2 videos. It's the epitome of reload and animation cancelling, C4 throwing and Aggressive Recon action. Its pretty impressive.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 5:44pm

@Nick 30075
What confuses me about bc2 gun recoil is that the recoil and recoil increase that it given in the charts is comparable if not higher than bf3 and bf4 recoil, yet the recoil in bc2 feels way less than those games. In the description it says angle increase, so i assume it is also measured in degrees. What am i missing here?

Angle increase might be in tenths of a degree rather than degrees. That would be my guess, I don't actually know.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

DeathOfTheDodo

Veni, SMAW, Vici

(863)

Date of registration
: Jun 30th 2013

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 6:48pm

Yeah, I used the VSS more than the bolt actions, but always felt at home using any of them. M24 for looks, GOL for functionality. The sheer awesomeness of the GOL scope was the only reason I'd switch from the VSS, then the hideousness of the GOL would push me to the M24, then the lack of being able to kill things up close would move me back to the VSS.

Hardcore BC2 was a sniper's wet dream.
[SYM]Deathofthedodo
BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED BE ADVISED

"AK Attachment Guide"

No.

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 8:54pm

Thanks for responses :D
Anyone still playing the game? There is plenty of full servers

I tried playing it a few months back but epic failed.

It feels like you run very slowly compared to BF3/4, I'm not used to the slightly different control layout and abilities (can't sprint on an angle), I lost my M1 skills, and on the whole I couldn't get used to the "feel" of the game again.

I had fun from the nostalgia and the gameplay is classic, but just like going back and playing Goldeneye007 it's fun to an extreme limit because modern games do so many things so much better.

Aside from the exclusion of the "throwback guns", I think BF3/4 are just way better games.

But if there's one thing that makes BFBC2 infinitely better than the subsequent titles it is this:

Much like Doc Emmet Brown's time machine train, it runs on STEAM!
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 9:12pm

Thanks for responses :D
Anyone still playing the game? There is plenty of full servers

I tried playing it a few months back but epic failed.

It feels like you run very slowly compared to BF3/4, I'm not used to the slightly different control layout and abilities (can't sprint on an angle), I lost my M1 skills, and on the whole I couldn't get used to the "feel" of the game again.

I had fun from the nostalgia and the gameplay is classic, but just like going back and playing Goldeneye007 it's fun to an extreme limit because modern games do so many things so much better.

Aside from the exclusion of the "throwback guns", I think BF3/4 are just way better games.

But if there's one thing that makes BFBC2 infinitely better than the subsequent titles it is this:

Much like Doc Emmet Brown's time machine train, it runs on STEAM!

I didnt feel like you run slower compared to bf3 and bf4, i actually feel more agile because you can jump further and much higher, but thats just my personal feeling; would be interesting to have stats on that one :P. I am having a lot of fun in bc2 atm. Bf4 is completely unplayable for me and bf3 kind of got old, after way too many hours of gameplay. Also the average player skill in bad company 2 is a lot higher, if you end up with a k/d of over 1.5 you played pretty well and didnt make many mistakes. Also the gunplay way superior to bf3 and bf4 due to the lower damage model in my opinion. If you run magnum ammo, which you usually do it is just about right. Which lets me conclude that guns in future battlefield titles should have 20 damage and lower as standard for ars :thumbup: . Also i like the fact that you cant go full auto at medium range and outwars, since the spread increase is a lot higher. I just cant stand the fast that you die so quickly at medium and close ranges in bf4. Bf2 had actually higher weapon damage, but the guns all had horrible spread and spread increase values. In bc2 they made guns do rather little damage, but have them be deadnuts accurate on the first shot at least. Lol little rant there, but i am saying that the gunplay is very rewarding if you get into it. And higher ttk makes for less bullshit, which is extremely important, even though the hitreg is off sometimes in bc2. I would say the game is definitely harder than bf3 and bf4, but it is very entertaining :=)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 11:22pm

@ Thehaxusator

I feel the exact opposite as far as weapon damage and TTK goes. That's why I play hardcore.

I want to be at most a 2 hit kill in the head, and I don't want to have to put half a mag into someone's body to incapacitate them.

While I might say that a higher TTK facilitates more gunplay, I will say that a lower TTK makes the game much more about strategy, tactics, reflexes, and gun control making the gunplay much more critical.

One of the things I absolutely despised about BFBC2 was the fact that many guns were just bullet hoses where you could hold down the trigger and as long as you kept your sights on target bodies would fall. Sure the spread increase was greater, but microbursting was SOOO easy to do!
Nothing felt like it had recoil, nothing felt challenging to use, and nothing felt like it would sufficiently stop a target.

My most used guns in the game were the M1 Garand, Thompson, 1911, AN-94, UMP, G3, M14, and 870. All of the high damage guns and some high-risk high-reward guns. They felt solid and challenging while other guns felt like BB guns or easy-mode.

But this is coming from a Counter-Strike player, where most guns will kill in one shot to the head and/or one good burst to the chest. Play some CS for a while, get used to the gunplay, and go play a round of BFBC2. You'll want to stab yourself in the eyes with forks because of how ridiculously long it takes to kill anyone with anything...

So I played hardcore pretty exclusively. It felt much more proper.

I am so glad that weapon damage and weapon recoil has been increased in BF3/4. It makes for a much more satisfying experience IMHO.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, February 9th 2014, 11:25pm

@ Thehaxusator

I feel the exact opposite as far as weapon damage and TTK goes. That's why I play hardcore.

I want to be at most a 2 hit kill in the head, and I don't want to have to put half a mag into someone's body to incapacitate them.

While I might say that a higher TTK facilitates more gunplay, I will say that a lower TTK makes the game much more about strategy, tactics, reflexes, and gun control making the gunplay much more critical.

One of the things I absolutely despised about BFBC2 was the fact that many guns were just bullet hoses where you could hold down the trigger and as long as you kept your sights on target bodies would fall. Sure the spread increase was greater, but microbursting was SOOO easy to do!
Nothing felt like it had recoil, nothing felt challenging to use, and nothing felt like it would sufficiently stop a target.

My most used guns in the game were the M1 Garand, Thompson, 1911, AN-94, UMP, G3, M14, and 870. All of the high damage guns and some high-risk high-reward guns. They felt solid and challenging while other guns felt like BB guns or easy-mode.

But this is coming from a Counter-Strike player, where most guns will kill in one shot to the head and/or one good burst to the chest. Play some CS for a while, get used to the gunplay, and go play a round of BFBC2. You'll want to stab yourself in the eyes with forks because of how ridiculously long it takes to kill anyone with anything...

So I played hardcore pretty exclusively. It felt much more proper.

I am so glad that weapon damage and weapon recoil has been increased in BF3/4. It makes for a much more satisfying experience IMHO.

Yeah 20 damage standard and bf3 recoil with higher spread increase would make for the best gunplay imo. I would not be opposed to increase the damage multiplier to the head
Low spread and high damage like in bf4 does not work on big maps imo. It works on city maps or confined maps like they are in counterstrike, because you can actually be tactical as you mentioned. On maps like paracel.....well you are just dead, if the enemy can aim lol