Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 2:00am

that's quite a discreet misunderstanding, it's our friend that has a pizzeria, we have had a restaurant/fish store for around 10-20 years(not always, but they were either combined in one or we had them one in front of the other), and after that due to terrible managing from my father, we started going around places working, we worked in almost every places in west campania, we worked at the top of sardegna and my father did soalmost everywhere(puglia, germany, trentino and so on) in fact now he works in corsica, bastia.

our cuisine centers around pasta and fishes, we aren't all that good with meat dishes and my father has this weird complex where he has enormous problems trying to make good stuff in cooking emplacements that aren't his own, but as long as we're talking about fish, t's all good.
my mother is also pretty decent with sweets, though mainly stuff you would see a grandma bake(although one of her cakes is actually good enough that our millionaire uncle wanted it at all costs in his restaurant)

btw, this is something my mother made:
http://i.imgur.com/dLWZUZN.jpg

it's a pizza parigina, not the best one my mother made, in fact, i didn't like this one very much(though he made some with potatoes that wasn't bad at all) it's made with the base of a tall margerita+ prosciuttto cotto covered with a pastasfoglia that i don't know how it's called in english.
couple interesting things: first, a parigina shouldn't be too tall, this because otherwise it wojn't cook homogenously and the bottom might be too hard/burnt or the inside too raw(which is one of the main faults in this specific one) second, contrary to most other italian dishes, parigina(or at least the one my mother makes and i'll tell you ina sec why) is actually made with the intent to be soggy, so you want to use the juiciest mozarella or preferably provola you can get, and actually cook it2 times, once to, well, cook it so it's not raw, and the second to give it a reliable base on which it has to hold its own weight without splashing milk everywhere, the reason for this, at least in our case, is that parigina is better the next day.
the problem with dry pizza is that the next it'll usually be hard, dry as a desert and in genereal not very tasty unless you add cheese to it, however, if you put enough extra milk in it, the next day it'll still be somewhat soggy without going bad, and in fact, seeing how as soon as cooked the milk actually still isn't getting absorbed by the dough, it means the next day if you heat it up it'll be like eating it drenched in mozzarela serum(serum: probably the wrong thing, but it is what i call the milk that secretes from the freshest mozzarella di bufala) and it's tasty as fuck, lasts for about 3 days, and if you can keep it secured well enough, it is an awesome road trip food.
however, parigina isn't an "official" recipe, as in, something made and standardized in campania, so everyone here has their own way of making it, in fact, some even use sourdough, or as we ore properly call it in italy "mother dough" why do i say more properly? beause of two factors: one, "mother dough" is actually just a small piece of dough taken from a much bigger one that lasts even hundreds of years... and second: it's NOT FUCKIG SOUR.

like seriously, who the hell thouoght adding vinegar to it(thin gi heard from 'murricans) was a good idea? are people crazy there? why would you ever want to add vinegar to bread?! that's like saying "oh yeah, let's just put this bread mold on my mozzarella, because you know, gorgonzola uses mold" that's DUMB.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 2:18am

Italian cuisine sounds so complicated with how all these ingredients have to be especially picked for each dish to be made.

By the way, I said family friend, which meant a friend of your family. So is this the pizzeria owned by that person in question?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 2:48am

oh it's not really complicated, you can really play around with it lot, it is very technical but the technicality all comes from experience, and the main thing is to remember what you should never do with certain things, like putting chicken alongside seafood, that's just so wrong... and i'm not even achef(though i am the one with the most sensible palate in the family)
for example things like "never put meatballs in pasta!!!" it's bullshit, yeah sure, if you do that at a restaurant people will think you're a cheap peasant, but it still tastes decently so be free to make it at home, food here is one of the most important things and is a very important part of the italian culture, so it may seem very hard to "get right" from the eyes of an outsider, but it is really just about getting used to it, kinda like how in the usa you're supposed to always tip waiters.

and yes, he is a fmily friend, specifically my father's, and while the place isn't totally is, he is partner with the owner, which iirc is also a family member of his, though i might be wrong, but you know what's fun to do at times? llok at the reviews and judge how dumb they ca be, let's see for example:

Quoted

We had tried to call up and book for Saturday evening but apparently they don't reserve tables. We showed up at 20:00 and waited over an hour outside, once we finally got seated and ordered it took another hour and half to get our food

restaurants in pozzouli open at 19:30, and boccuccia di rosa is one of the most popular ones, if you don't seat in front of the pizza oven itself, don't count on the chefs making food for you before other people, everyone gets served as soon as their plate is ready, though keep also in mind that we don't serve everything at once, if you got an appetizer, you'll have to wait extra time before the pizza arrives, so no surprises there(which is also why now everytime we go there we always seat in front of the oven, it's also the most quiet place and we are one of the few not loud southern italians) also on saturdayy the place gets filled to the brim in LESS than half an hour(if we want to go there on that weekday we get there before opening hour)

Quoted

“Salty pizza sauce”

straight up bullshit, the sauce is the same for everyone and always the same every day, if they foud it salty, it was salty for everyone, most likely these guys just didn't know how tasty actual sauce is and thought it was just salty.

Quoted

“Okish”

now you're just fucking with me, this guy didn't even get pizza! do you know how they choose pasta there? they don't have a menu, they just make what they have of extra that day, in fact every pasta plate is a "dish of the day"! if you go there you go for the pizza(or for the super-juicy fried mozzarella)

Quoted

I ordered a filet with porcini mushrooms and I got a filet (that's saying a lot) with porcini mushrooms and maggots !!!

ok this one actually made me laugh, i knowpretty well the guys who work there and know they most of all care about the quality of ingredients, and this just would not happen, bet my ass they mistook something like slices of parmean for worms, lol.

and the second french guy... let's just say that the owner was right

i see a lot of english people in that restaurant, mostly coming from the nato military forces as pozzuoli has one of the most important accedemie aeronautiche and is also a portual city for non-civialian-transportin-ships, so you'll sometimes see miltary ships there too: not even half of these people know how to eat, and i've seen them eat in front of me, so much so, that my mother tends to make gossip on them... i know, not really a nice practice from her, but she's just like that, and it's also o show that the negative judgements you see for the place are very dumb, if you go there, get inside, order some fritto misto, a nice pizza(or maybe even 2 considering now he makes them fairly light in terms of dough heavyness) and be glad you got to taste something good.

i still remember a review for my fathers'current working placein france, the pizzaiolli were italian too though the ingredients other than the dough were crap

Quoted

the pizza was crap, there was almost nothing on it, how could they ruin pizza?!

i've seen that pizza.
what the heck did they want(that was an american guy) ? a chicago dam? there's always no less than 50% dough on an italian style pizza.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 3:44am

I have no doubts that many of those complaints were from people who were simply not used to eating proper Italian food.

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 12:04pm

Good American pizza: i.e. shoving hundreds of ingredients on top and dumping buckets of salt on top

The pizzas, when I went to Italy, were the best I've ever had. Most noticeably, the base is a lot more doughy and bread-like than pizzas outside Europe, which I quite enjoy.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 3:08pm

Wow!!! I had not seen this thread. My interest in cuisine exceeds almost anything (except friendship and sex :) ).

But I am more interested in gastronomy than in food. I do not know if you understand the nuance. The gastronomy is the result of adding culture, geography, tradition and social relation to the physiological act of feeding, turning it into a ceremony.

In my case, this cuisine is the Mediterranean one, but the depth of that culture has allowed me to understand others like the Chinese (the real one, not the Chinese restaurants) or the Japanese (which is much more than sushi). I like all cuisines that have cultural depth. That is a complex system, not only some typical dishes.

My mother had a philosophy of cooking: No dish should be repeated within a month. If you join the obligatory (and advised) changes by the seasonality you can assume the repertoire that she had to have for that. If you do not notice the seasonal changes in your food ... you are losing something. In my mother's recipe book , that I have as a treasure , and only in the chapter "rice" I have 46 different recipes (white, yellow, brown ...even green, artichokes do the work).

So, is there something better than a long meal with friends, crowned by a long continuation (English has no word for that ...) with a good coffee, some alcoholic drink ( I prefer rum, and if it is Flor de Caña Centenario from Nicaragua, better) and a good Havana cigar (Cohiba Esplendido is a good choice with the exact duration of a clever and sometimes malicious conversation with friends).As I have already said ... a ceremony.

I am sure that

@iota-09

understands me.

A few days ago I had the opportunity to return to eat a dish (I do not say the name because it has no translation) that is a pure subsistence dish for shephers, made with local resources, and assembles everything I ask myself for food (sorry for cuisine). Is made with a flat cake of unfermented flour dough cooked directly on the embers that is added to a stew made with wild hare, rabbit or partridge (better all together) , flavored with thyme and rosemary. Ummmmm the taste of the mountain. You see the classic combination of proteins and carbohydrates that may have been making from the Neolithic. Cultural depth. The only problem is you can find a pellet... after biting it with energy .

And now... I'm sorry ... I've been hungry.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 4:07pm

Actually... i don't, it could bento a variety of factors though, from the fact i don't smoke nor drink, to my general asociality and disregard of sexual conversations(innuendo and similar things are fine as long as you don't shove them in my face) or even to the fact that, even though everyone in my gamily is a chef, our main one my mother doesn't kmow many recipes... well actually she does, but she's afraid of making errors as me and my brother have very specific tastes, so she ends up making only the same... i think 40 recipes? It's not like i counted them, but especially considering that the fish dishes rely on the presence of the ingredients(most of all our very own special recipe, a super gigantic and very pricey (20+€ at the very least for a 4 persons portion, and i live in a place where all the main ingredients are relatively cheap) dish of pasta made out of wine, bell pepper and most kind of seafood, made by my aunt first, only my mother knows the exact recipe, as when our aunt died she told it only to her, not even to her husband) then we don't get much different things every time we eat, eating something different every day for a month it's almost impossible for us.

I guess the closest i can think of what you say is when i go to eat at la fattoria del campiglione(best meat restaurant here, though it's probably nothing special for the usa) where we can relax, eat slowly and just simply enjoy ourselves, or how my mother's waking is pretty much a ritual every morning that follows specific steps so that we can wake up as relaxed as possible, from the moment she opens her eyes to when we cleaupme everything that we made for breakfast.

Also, be free to spell the dish in your language, many dishes don't have an english translation so calling them with their original name ismactually correct.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 7:08pm

My mother had a philosophy of cooking: No dish should be repeated within a month.

Which region of the world do you reside in? I am in awe of the variety.

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 7:10pm

Actually... i don't, it could bento a variety of factors though, from the fact i don't smoke nor drink...

Sorry if I have named you... but I just wanted to express the deep cultural character of food in some countries ...such in Italy.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 1st 2016, 7:34pm

no need to be sorryy, i fully understand how some people have different ways of having a nice time and considering cultures, it's me the outlier here, not you, many people in italy do indeed prefer what's around the food and not the food itself, even though it's the food that sets the mood.
that also counts for shit food, if you get vomit-inducing food, everyone's gonna get pissed off.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3