Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,387)

• "yugas42" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, October 28th 2013, 11:27pm

Nvidia Shadowplay

Nvidia Shadowplay came out into its open beta today, I don't know how many of you guys knew about it, but essentially the deal is, if you have an Nvidia graphics card that is a 600 series or above, you can now record gameplay with minimal tax on your rigs performance. But the best feature is that it will record the last 10 minutes of gameplay for you, even while you're not recording, and if something happens that you wanted to capture, you can simply save the file from the last 10 minutes.

My first test with Shadowplay was on Caspian Border on BF3, my average frame loss was about 3 fps while recording compared to my normal fps on the map. The video recorded at 62 fps in 1080p, after recording for 5 minutes I stopped and checked the file size: 1.92gb. I'm currently rendering out the video in Vegas and will post it in this thread when it's uploaded so you guys can see the quality, i'm personally very impressed with this software and it's going to finally enable me to record all the time, as getting this kind of quality with fraps for 5 minutes would have been around 60-80 gb at 30 fps. I highly recommend everyone who can to try out this software, the beta is free of course, and i'm sure Nvidia is looking for as much feedback as it can get.

Capture Every Win With GeForce ShadowPlay

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, October 28th 2013, 11:51pm

Dxtory with the x264vfw (H.264) codec streams 10 min / 2.16 Gb (1080p @ 30 Hz) without noticeable fps drop and the file can be directly YT uploaded without rendering.

Shadowplay's auto-record could be handy for those who record very rarely (like me).
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, October 28th 2013, 11:56pm

Dxtory also costs money.

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 12:06am

Dxtory also costs money.
Something I forgot to mention, but yeah, it's totally free to get Shadowplay, I know a lot of people torrent recording software, but this will give you official support and remain free.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 12:11am

Never heard of it but I might give it a try at some point, not gonna stop using my questionably legal copy of Dxtory just yet :P
Problem is these things are usually such a farce to set up only for them to not work so I REALLY cannot be arsed to fuck with another program when I already have one that works absolutely fine...But like I said, I might ask for more info on it, Yugas, sometime after I get back from holiday :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 12:12am

Dxtory also costs money.
Something I forgot to mention, but yeah, it's totally free to get Shadowplay, I know a lot of people torrent recording software, but this will give you official support and remain free.

My comment was not to say dxtory > shadowplay but to note that the obscene specs of fraps do not apply to all capture tools. Obviously shadowplay is or will be superior. Dxtory is made by a one-man company afaik.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 12:25am

I wasn't implying that you meant it that way, but I have also used Dxtory (with no problems) and so far I just prefer the simplicity of Shadowplay. The fact that it's integrated directly into your graphics card means it cuts out a lot of the settings that you needed to play with in other recording software.

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 7:17pm

Tried it yesterday. Cool, but there are some things that for such a program are unacceptable:
- 3.8 Gigs limit on Win 7 and (to a lesser extent) 10 minutes of "Shadow" instead of 20. Wai? I mean, seriously?
- You cannot change any setting strictly related to the recording. Example: you cannot capture at anything beyond or under 1080p, you just can't and ofc you can't change the frames per second of the recording. 60 fps is just silly for anything but slow-mo editing.
- You cannot capture from games that aren't recognised by Geforce experience. For example, i tried to record some footage from Trackmania United but NOPE game doesn't exist. This is really stupid because it's not like it can't record anything but "optimised games. This moning i tried to record some BF3 gameplay while playing on my 2nd monitor (1280*1024). The program captured 10 minutes of a static battlelog page, so it has the possibility to record at anytime.

Don't et me wrong it's a super cool feature, but at this point i see no point (no pun intended) in using it over my questionably legal copy of Dxtory.
Clean signature best signature

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 7:20pm

Well it's new, so there's bound to be things that don't work properly.

Date of registration
: Jun 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, October 29th 2013, 7:31pm

It is a beta after all.
Cats are cute; however, they tend to keep all the fucks to themselves

Rarity - LOL