Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Blue Panda" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 7:22am

@Jenkins
Amen brotha

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 7:27am

lol
Really, I can't do anything but laugh at this. It's so genius and so utterly true.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 7:28am

It seems more like a entertainment system more than a gaming console. Might have to stick with the PC MASTER RACE for now.

You say it like it's a bad thing.

It not at all.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 8:13am

Unrelated to the Xbox announcement: Sony shares boom on spin off speculation - May. 22, 2013

Everyone's judging things way too early. The reveal from yesterday was meant to show off the new functions of the console, not the games. We all expect it to have good game functionality. It does have good game functionality. So what should they have done, reveal all the games yesterday and talk about the console at E3? No, this reveal was about the console and the new functions it has. That being the new entertainment functions that are unparalleled by any other device on the market.

They have 15 new exclusive titles and 8 of them are new franchises. It was also stated that more titles are in development now than ever before in Xbox history. It's as much a gaming console, if not more so than the PS4.

And it's not all about the games. It's also about how you play the games. Let's say I'm trying to get an achievement or something for a game. I can pull up Internet Explorer on the side for a guide without having to turn to my computer. Or I can play with friend and Skype with them at the same time. The PS4 has similar functions, too.

As for the specs, of course it's like an average PC. If it were to be a high-end PC, it'd cost thousands of dollars. For a middle-class family, that's like the difference between getting a games console and buying a car.

One thing that's not being given enough credit is the new Kinect. It's too often associated with motion control and voice commands. However, some of the new features it has is that it can read your facial expressions, sense your heart rate, and I think even the blood vessels on your face. This means it can track your emotions. This can offer some very interesting possibilities. As you become more tense, perhaps your character in the game does, too? Maybe the music picks up pace and changes? Maybe your aim becomes a bit more shaky? If taken advantage of, this could be some pretty immersive stuff.

Also, the new Xbox Live cloud, which has 300,000 servers now, means that processing can be done over the cloud, allowing for bigger online matches. That could mean 24v24/32v32 matches of Battlefield 4.

All of that might make one think I'm being a "fanboy" and everything. No, I'm not. I don't like some things about the Xbox One myself. I find the controller to be very unimpressive, especially since the PS4's controller is so unique. I'm just thinking rationally and not getting on the hate hysteria bandwagon that everyone's getting on.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Souperintendent" (May 23rd 2013, 8:44am)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,927)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 9:03am

Thank you! I am not into consoles at all either (all closed up systems and meh otherwise. I have Xbox 360 but only use it mainly for playing DVDs), but people shouldn't judge things prematurely. I haven't really seen any pros of Xbox One being mentioned, instead just bunch of "bad" and "crappy" sides.
Also, from what I have seen things go like this: Big company adds new 'feature' on their product -> people whine/complain about it -> months pass and only few complaing about the 'feature' anymore and others are neutral/okey with it. I doubt this will be any different.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 9:32am

@Miff: Thanks. Just trying to be a voice of reason here.

Remember how I said I didn't like the controller that much? Turns out it may be better than I thought: Xbox One Controller and New Kinect 2 HANDS-ON! Adam Sessler's Reaction - YouTube

That vibration functionality and better analog stick design could really be nice for FPS games.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Souperintendent" (May 23rd 2013, 9:38am)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 9:39am

The PC gaming master race welcomes you all with open arms if you chose to join the bright side!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 10:10am

Didn't read all previous post.
The PC gaming master race welcomes you all with open arms if you chose to join the bright side!
Agreed !
Given the launch prices of new consoles, at the same price you can build a somewhat mid range PC for BF4 (mid-high if you search for best prices), and then use Steam, GreenManGaming, Amazon deals, and the Kotaku Moneysaver posts to buy games for cheap, not often at release but cheap, and use the not spent money to upgrade your PC in 6 months from mid to real good.
Given you know how to not spend money elsewhere ^^

Edit : just seen this : If New Game Console Reveals Were Honest - Dorkly Comic ^^ it sums up what I think of the new consoles ^^
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MrT3a" (May 23rd 2013, 10:28am)

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 10:32am

Required Kinect? Bad.
Required internet connection once per day? Obnoxious.
Being able to watch TV a main selling point? Outright stupid.
Not backwards compatible? Silly.
Fee to play used games? Horrible.
Hardware is apparently low-mid for a last-gen PC? Horrendous.

Seriously, the only thing keeping me from immediately jumping ship and going for the PS4 is that I have friends on Xbox.

Kinect I have and my younger kids enjoy it , so I won't object to having it this time around , I do like the idea of Skype integration as I use Skype a lot and being able to use it from my living room TV appeals to me.

I don't see the logic in "one a day connection" somehow I think this might not be true , or people have got their wires crossed.

I use my current xbox primarily for TV(lol)

Blu Ray is a logical advancement , more data etc , but unfortunately DVD and Blu Ray are not compatible , lack of backwards compatibility is a hardware issue not a consumer issue , and anyway how many old Xbox game do you currently play? me , none...

The second hand game thing sucks , but then again I can't remember the last time I bought a secondhand game , or as suggested in some of the article I read if I take my games to my friends house "i'll have to pay a fee to play them" this is currently the situation isn't it? if I take any of my EA games to a friend's house it will ask me for an online pass , but I can bypass this by just logging into my live account at my friends house.

And as stated above xbox friends is the sole reason I keep my current xbox and the reason I'll buy the next xbox.

Microsoft and Sony and other tech companies need to learn the the majority of consumers want convenience from their hardware , not optimal features and performance.