Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 2:23pm

in all seriousness, why would anyone use any other player than WMP? :| What are the benefits?

in all seiousness, why would anyone use any other browser than Internet Explorer? :| What are the benefits?

Some people may want to customize their media players, use a lighter one than WMP or they just don't like WMP.

Because IE is slow :|

but ok, thanks for your answer

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 2:52pm

Please gimme a vote and a short description of what you like/dislike about the players.

Ill start.
I currently use J. Rivers MediaCenter.
Can do pretty much everything and has fantastic tagging/file organizing tools.
Fastest and easiest song navigation I have ever seen. (years better than the other programs i have used- WMP, Winamp, MM and iTunes)

I really really wish it had a genius like feature (auto playlist generator) and better visualizer, imo the only good parts about iTunes

I like this j. river media center. its got some powerful options. It reminds me of a foobar but in a nice neat gui.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 2:54pm

MPC HC + LAV Filters + Haali + MadVR

Get rid of that Haali shit. That was good 3 years ago... It's no longer updated at all and according to various sources it's bugged to hell. LAV does have splitter builtin you know :)

Latest version of MPC-HC is from december btw. Downloads – MPC-HC

edit: madVR here madVR - high quality video renderer (GPU assisted) - Doom9's Forum

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(798)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 2:55pm

Oh. yeah.

But still, for hassle free shiz that's not VLC

CCCP MOTHERFOKERS
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Octopuss

Rocktopus

(274)

Date of registration
: Feb 16th 2013

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 2:58pm

Nope :P Just use LAV. But yea, at least CCCP seems to be regularly updated as well. Definitely an option.

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 5:11pm

MP Classic, cause it never has an issue with Movies/Anime like VLC does, and it can be configured pretty damn well too.

for music, I will use VLC, and mostly VLC only just for music. I do like winamp for its simplistic size and use, but with VLC I don't have to do anything special if I want to boost audio to 200%.

So there you go, MPC for Videos, and VLC for music.

Doesn't VLC have crazy sound distortion with anything over %120 volume from VLC?

Nope never had an issue with any major sound distortion with VLC. It's mostly based on the source and quality of the audio. I mostly play 192 or 320 music and its normally just fine. The only thing that can get distorted is the bass, but you can always modify the equalizer with a little play.

I normally hate WMP because of how it likes to track every single media I have on the HDD, plus it tries to download media information from the internetz and I hate that the most. It's also a bother having to change its permissions every time I finally get sick of it doing that. Besides I only ever bother to use WMP for only simple thing, and thats streaming to my Samsung smartTV cause its outright idiot proof, and doesn't require anything new to install and maintain.

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, March 8th 2013, 2:10am

Gamer with iTunes:
Finesse

You do not have it.

Sleeper case...

[email protected]
Noctua NH-U14s