Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "GAVMAN" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 13th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:23pm

Can playing video games really be bad for your health?

I keep hearing this being said but I don't know of anyone who has actually suffered ill effects from playing video games. I would be interested to hear if anyone has suffered health problems from playing video games or knows someone who has?
Counter-Flanker

Sgt Barnes: "And the next one of you sunsabitches I catch coppin' z's in the bush, I'm personally gonna take an interest in seeing them suffer. I shit you not."

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:25pm

If you're asian and you're playing an MMO, it is possible that you may die from not sleeping for 5+ days straight.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:29pm

I've been gaming since the moment when i was still a cute little innocent dawrf-sized sociopath, and I did not in the slightest get anything similar to bad health from gaming. I do have certain physical issues, none of which are connected to gaming.
With possibly one exception: my eyesight. My eyesight is absolutely horrible. Certain parts have always been bad (colorblind + don't know the english word, but i see double when my eyes get sore), while other parts have became worse over the years (general sights, like long-distance sighting). Although this MIGHT not have anything to do with gaming, it is still possible. Hence why I'm at least posting this here.

That's really all I noticed. If i may say so, gaming actually had a positive effect on me mentally. It learns you to prioritize things, to make decisions fast and clearly, how to see things from different angles, how to really work together with both friends and fucktards.

From a health-point of view, I'd advice for gaming really. If you don't care about having glasses it is.

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:33pm

I've been gaming since the moment when i was still a cute little innocent dawrf-sized sociopath, and I did not in the slightest get anything similar to bad health from gaming. I do have certain physical issues, none of which are connected to gaming.
With possibly one exception: my eyesight. My eyesight is absolutely horrible. Certain parts have always been bad (colorblind + don't know the english word, but i see double when my eyes get sore), while other parts have became worse over the years (general sights, like long-distance sighting). Although this MIGHT not have anything to do with gaming, it is still possible. Hence why I'm at least posting this here.

That's really all I noticed. If i may say so, gaming actually had a positive effect on me mentally. It learns you to prioritize things, to make decisions fast and clearly, how to see things from different angles, how to really work together with both friends and fucktards.

From a health-point of view, I'd advice for gaming really. If you don't care about having glasses it is.

Thats weird, I've never had eye problems whilst gaming ,even when I'm staring at a screen for 5+ hours straight.
The only thing that happens if I play too much is that my ass gets sore, then my hands get cold.

I would say, gaming is only unhealthy if you don't also do physical activity.

My philosphy: every 5 hours of gaming, you should do 1 hour of exercise. Or something like that

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "DaRubester" (Mar 1st 2013, 10:40pm)

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:41pm

Thats weird, I've never had eye problems whilst gaming ,even when I'm staring at a screen for 5+ hours straight.

i meant it in a different way. Over the years, my eyesight in general (everyday life) became worse. Whether this might or might not be due to gaming is unsure, but notifying anyhow.

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:48pm

Well, I now have oldschool Runescape 2007 sessions of 10 hours, and when I go to my kitchen to grab a drink, everything looks so weird..

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:52pm

Well, I now have oldschool Runescape 2007 sessions of 10 hours, and when I go to my kitchen to grab a drink, everything looks so weird..

RS...

ok, i classify that semi-oldskool. That shit was gud

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:55pm

Not personally...
and I can spend a long period of time sitting on my ass... and I'm not even anything close to being considered fat. (52kg with ~1,75m height) and I eat a lot...

As long as you have go into the mystical land of outside once in a while, don't forget to eat, drink and have regular sleeps, nothing should go wrong :|

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, March 1st 2013, 10:58pm

Besides my eyes feeling like they're falling out of my face after long sessions, I'm pretty healthy. Although I do wear glasses sooooo...

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Friday, March 1st 2013, 11:02pm

do any of us NOT wear glasses?:|