Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 7:39pm

@ToTheSun!

I did not expect that. More something like:

"What kind of brain desease do you have that makes your mind dizzy from games?"

Has it finally become common sense amongst gamers, that video games are a media that smacks your mind till its mousse ?

Its probably just amongst the users of this forum

No. I meant that clearing your mind from an addictive game you might be playing right now is a good idea before classes start because one needs to ace shit. Games are great, but they can be a distraction when it's time to study.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 8:00pm

Games are great, but they can be a distraction when it's time to study.

Thus the only sensible choice is to do your research and studies on games :). Likely going to do my bachelor and master thesis on something gaming-related.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 9:25pm

Some kind of an outing - games dizzy my mind.

When I play too much, I have problems in communication by needing long to think what to say and difficulties to find the words for it. Together with difficulties in keeping attention at something somebody says and giving a proper answer to it. And the worst thing is, I loose any sensibility what might offend people. Basic communication stuff.

Probably has sth to do with overconsumption of media.

Last year I went on a fast on gaming for 4 weeks and it got considerably better. I would say cured. But when I play 1h every day for one week, I start to see the old symptoms peep out a little.

That makes me sad. I like games. So many fun and inspiring moments.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 7:13pm

A longer video from Luetin:

https://youtu.be/Yp2NNIguE50

and here is the continuation; with a little sidehit on BF-YTubers

https://youtu.be/I5qmRJrgUoM
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 8:25pm

i can't really get his point in at least the first video, i just undesrstand like he thinks something has gone wretched according to they way he speaks and the music, but i still don't get the point.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, September 16th 2015, 8:46pm

bad attitude and his frustration.

I watched the "response" first and then his initial video, but I thought if I share, then it should be in chronological order. If anything then the 2nd is more watch-worthy (? is that a word ?)
still playin' Motorstorm

Friday, September 18th 2015, 10:13am

Some kind of an outing - games dizzy my mind.

When I play too much, I have problems in communication by needing long to think what to say and difficulties to find the words for it. Together with difficulties in keeping attention at something somebody says and giving a proper answer to it. And the worst thing is, I loose any sensibility what might offend people. Basic communication stuff.

Probably has sth to do with overconsumption of media.

Last year I went on a fast on gaming for 4 weeks and it got considerably better. I would say cured. But when I play 1h every day for one week, I start to see the old symptoms peep out a little.

That makes me sad. I like games. So many fun and inspiring moments.

If anything, gaming at that amount should *help* with your concentration and communication. Perhaps the adrenaline is too much? Do you get super hyped up when you play? Perhaps lack of sleep? Do you stay up late gaming?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(5,875)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, September 18th 2015, 11:53am

Discussion on how games affect brains?

@3VerstsNorth
I summon thee!
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, September 18th 2015, 1:01pm

@ToTheSun!

I did not expect that. More something like:

"What kind of brain desease do you have that makes your mind dizzy from games?"

Has it finally become common sense amongst gamers, that video games are a media that smacks your mind till its mousse ?

Its probably just amongst the users of this forum

No. I meant that clearing your mind from an addictive game you might be playing right now is a good idea before classes start because one needs to ace shit. Games are great, but they can be a distraction when it's time to study.

ARE5, what Sun said. Gaming is good - addiction is bad and fucks up the brain and person in a multitude of ways.

For that gaming is good, there's several lines of scientific evidence. Here is decent popularization from the leading researcher on this topic: Daphne Bavelier: Your brain on video games | TED Talk | TED.com

It is worth noting that even if gaming improves many (low-level) cognitive skills, time spent gaming is negatively correlated with academic success.

For that addiction is bad, everyone knows it already. Neurobiologically gaming addiction is exactly the same addiction as alcohol or drug addiction, same molecules, cells, circuits, behavioral effects and consequences.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "3VerstsNorth" (Sep 18th 2015, 1:06pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, September 18th 2015, 1:10pm

@KDNS

Maybe. Yes. No. Not any more.

I would say its more complicated than that.
still playin' Motorstorm