Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "mujka" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 1:53am

Max Fps Thread :)

Hello everyone.
First of all, really great website, keep that good work.

My question is about fps.
What config lines, software do you use/recommend to get higher fps.
I have phenom II 955 4.0 ghz 4850 512 675mhz gpu 1000 memory, and whatever resolution i choose i cant get constat fps for example 60.

Thank you

Quoted from ""Sao""

Merged to off-topic, and welcome to the forums!

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 3:30am

Re: Max Fps Thread :)

Hello :)

For the most part programs won't help much, they may even reduce performance by taking up resources. I suggest simply play on low/med but stay in within your monitor's aspect ratio. You can try overclocking and disabling background processes and any unneeded start up applications. Also try CCleaner and Defraggler to clean up your system. Hope I helped.

(Also use FXAA instead of MSAA)

CCleaner: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Defraggler: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.filehippo.com/download_defraggler/</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These should remove any useless junk on your hardrive(s)

I'm using a 2600k @stock, and a GTX 580 Lightening EX @stock but still play on 720p(75Hz)Medium, instead of 1080p(60hz)Ultra just to utilize the extra 15Hz and always remain a 10 FPS my monitor's Hz.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 3:48am

I know of no software that could reliably boost your FPS, tune-up software in general rather does the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Having the newest drivers should suffice for that matter.

If you think your performance is slowed down by software issues, the fastest and surest way is still setting up Windows anew, if that is an option for you.
If you want to wade through all your unused junk, check all automatically starting starting processes and defragment your disc the abovementioned programs will help you there.

As for the game itself, I recommend you set your details on low and take the highest resolution that still gives you reasonable FPS (you can watch your FPS ingame by entering "Render.DrawFps 1" into the console).
30 and above as minimum would be recommended, but anything below 20 is really critical, for normal players.

Date of registration
: Dec 15th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 3:57pm

There is no magic FPS boost besides opening your pocketbook for a new GPU. The 4850 is an OLD card AND only has 515MB of memory. Well there's your problem (in best redneck voice)

I run a I7 920 @3.5GHz with 2 5850s in XFire and can only get about 80-90 FPS on a 120hz monitor at 720p. They run just about every other game at 120FPS, or capped at my monitor's refresh rate.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/battlefield-3-tweak-guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.geforce.com/Optimize/Guides/ ... weak-guide</a><!-- m -->

This is the best guide I can give you for these things, but you will always sacrifice detail in sake of FPS.

MSAA should be turned OFF (AA Post is much, much less of a hit and same quality IMO. This is for EVERYONE)

HBAO OFF (not worth the 10 FPS hit for minimum image quality.

Those are the 2 biggest FPS settings that really don't do much IMO.

As a side note, 120hz monitors make a HUGE difference in how smoothly your view rotates/free look under fast movements. Don't believe the crap people say when they spout you can't see above 60fps. Just grab a window on your desktop and drag it back and forth quickly. Does that look smooth to you @60hz? It does at 120hz. This transfers to FPSs and really helps give you an edge. It's like broadband and SSDs. Once you try it, you will never go back.

I think we can probably see up to 240fps in real life.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, March 9th 2012, 10:46am

FOV 90
All details except textures: Low
Textures: High
AA: off
Geometry: High
1920*1080
Tripple buffer
Locked vertical sync

40 - 60 Fps depends on map and number of players [I know its on edge]
When all on high its 30 - 45 on conquest large.
Reason I do not lower res and increase details is cause it would be harder for me to spot enemies on HC :).

Intel Quad Q6600x 2.4Ghzx4 prototype testing version - do not know exact specification as it was sent to my friends company as testing model before it was produced, it works still great though :)
6 Gb Ram 1066
Ati Radeon 5870 1Gb [got one for free, it still runs ok with new games :)]

I am thinking about upgrading whole computer once any game unable to run at reasonable details and speed. But for now my museal piece runs well.

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 7:31am

High setting, 1920x1080. 40-80fps constat. Never dips below 40. Usually around 55-75.
GTX 560 TI
i5 2500k @4ghz
8GB RAM
ETC.

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 7:38am

Quoted from ""Matuka""

High setting, 1920x1080. 40-80fps constat. Never dips below 40. Usually around 55-75.
GTX 560 TI
i5 2500k @4ghz
8GB RAM
ETC.

Your suppose to be giving advice on how to get higher frame rates, not show your specs+frame rate.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats