Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 11:17pm

Mines trigger on movement or if detonated by gunfire/explosions.

What I was getting at is more of a "it's a thing that should only work once per person". The moment you die to mines seconds after spawning you should expect them if it's possible that the place is mined.

BF1 mines do not appear to trigger on movement.

It seems more like as soon as it detects an enemy vehicle inside its radius, it will detonate after a time delay.

Crawl speed does nothing. This means the mines will begin detonation as soon as the vehicle spawns and you cannot do anything about it once the vehicle is spawned in.

Will need more in-depth testing to figure it out since the files don't really dictate a speed threshold.

Oh, that's interesting. I was basing my assumption on a movement trigger since I use mines as makeshift C4 if I manage to sneak up on a vehicle or it drives past me without noticing. So far unless I manually detonate the mines they'd only blow up if the vehicle drove over them.

Thanks for letting me know.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 11:21pm

It seems you believe that the purpose of mining close or pretty much on top of where vehicles spawn is done deliberately to "ruin someone's fun". Why is that?

It's not a belief, it's an objective observation of the events. You know damned well it 'ruins their fun' as it has no counters and you do it in full knowledge of that, so it's deliberate. If you were doing it to end the tank, you could do it outside of the spawn and give them at least a small chance to destory the mines and keep the vehicle, but you don't, because you are amused by their displeasure at being stripped of any counter as you lack any form of compassion or empathy.

Do you really think this conversation is going anywhere fruitful? Perhaps we should just let it go. We both know neither of us is going to change our minds and we've both made our stance clear already, nothing more need be said. Further discussion will only serve to disrupt the forum, and I'd like to avoid that.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 11:29pm

I did it to deprive them of a tank. This method provides pretty much no warning and seemingly no way to counter it. Why wouldn't I do it?

Why would I deliberately give the enemy an opportunity to bypass the mines?

Whether or not they are butthurt about it is irrelevant. What is relevant is how effective each method is.

One has a significantly higher chance of success than the other.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 11:35pm

I think the discussion is perfectly fine, albeit hard to progress since you've already written me down as a narcissist and someone that "lacks any from of compassion or empathy" which add absolutely nothing to what we were talking about. If you don't want to disrupt the forum, I suggest you revise your own posts.

If it's any important to you, I'm far too lazy to mine the exact spawn point. I generally use mines as C4 make-do or just place them in roads frequently used or roads that come from the enemy spawn.

If you want to let go, then go ahead, because I am not :)
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 11:46pm

It's like trying to explain purple to a blind man XD

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, January 22nd 2017, 12:04am

@CaptaPraelium

Currently, you're the scrub.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 22nd 2017, 12:15am

Sportsmanship - Wikipedia

You cannot win a competition if the opposition cannot compete.
To use sirlin's terminology, you cannot play to win if they cannot play.
SInce sirlin likes streetfighter analogies, this mining the spawn is as good as putting gum in the coin slot. That's not winning.

Date of registration
: Oct 28th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 22nd 2017, 12:51am

The enemy is perfectly capable of playing in alternative manners if a player has mined their vehicle spawns. No one is being prevented from playing here.

After getting blown up once, they could spawn on their home base/gimme flags and shoot the mines. If they suspect that the player setting traps will do it again, they can check by spamming spot on the ground.

Even better, they can spot players driving/walking to their spawn attempting to set a trap and either kill them or call them out to their team.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, January 22nd 2017, 12:59am

Eh, I actually agree with him here.

If you correctly place the mines on the various vehicle spawn points, ie exactly under where the vehicle model spawns, there is utterly nothing the player can do. The vehicle explodes on any movement key imput, regardless of crawl speed or not. There is no warning they are there, etc.

I've had it happen a few times on amiens, both side gimme spawns are mineable.

Why the hell would you spend spawns and then travel time constantly clearing backfield mines when in all probability you won't even get the respawning tank after all that work. If your in a situation where the enemy is effectively mining your backfield, either you're losing and you need every player pressing actual flags, or it was a lone infiltration, in which case you've given the team the ability to waste your time due to the mere threat of something maybe, possibly, rarely happening.

More importantly, the game FORCES you to use the gimme spawns, instead of being able to safely spawn in the uncap. It is also an extremely and nearly uncounterable means of depriving the other team of a long respawn asset.

Because it is something that you cannot reasonably counter with good tactics, skill, or really ANY means at your disposal as a player, it's a dumb mechanic that really shouldn't stay in the game.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 22nd 2017, 1:34am

Sportsmanship - Wikipedia

You cannot win a competition if the opposition cannot compete.
To use sirlin's terminology, you cannot play to win if they cannot play.
SInce sirlin likes streetfighter analogies, this mining the spawn is as good as putting gum in the coin slot. That's not winning.

Denyiing a tank is not the same as denying them from playing the game.

They can play as everything beside the tank.

The enemy is perfectly capable of playing in alternative manners if a player has mined their vehicle spawns. No one is being prevented from playing here.

After getting blown up once, they could spawn on their home base/gimme flags and shoot the mines. If they suspect that the player setting traps will do it again, they can check by spamming spot on the ground.

Even better, they can spot players driving/walking to their spawn attempting to set a trap and either kill them or call them out to their team.

Or you can plant mines on said infiltrator's entry routes.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.