Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 1:56pm

Amiens is a glorious map for mining spawns and popular routes.

@NoctyrneSAGA

You know you can run into the British spawn and put a mine right next to their Armoured Car, then go back without dying oob? It's as good as mining the A/F tank spawns.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Sep 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 3:01pm

lol seriously how does that get past testing, do they not think of this stuff?

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 8:11pm

lol seriously how does that get past testing, do they not think of this stuff?

I don't think it's a big deal or something that shouldn't be possible.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 9:23pm

OK now *that* made me howl with laughter.

I don't think a weapon that cannot be countered amounts to fooling them. They can't see it, they can't remove it even if they somehow know it's there, so it effectively instakills from the menus. Seems balanced.....

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 9:30pm

Mines trigger on movement or if detonated by gunfire/explosions.

What I was getting at is more of a "it's a thing that should only work once per person". The moment you die to mines seconds after spawning you should expect them if it's possible that the place is mined.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 10:04pm

Yeh I know the trigger is movement. So, after already being screwed over once by dying unfairly, you can now spawn in the vehicle, stay still, get out, check around the vehicle, and if you see mines you get to blow them and the vehicle away and go for a long walk. Presuming someone else doesn't take the vehicle (resulting in at best a long walk and at worst a long walk after watching a teammate die to the same BS). That's not a counter. That's ruining some poor dude's game.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 10:11pm

I just think you're making too big of a deal out of mining spawn points.

Within the game, not a glitch or bug abuse. Perfectly fine in my eyes.

Also in the same vein as getting out and destroying the mines, as long as the vehicle isn't empty the explosion won't harm the vehicle.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 10:25pm

I think you're making too small a deal of ruining someone's fun.

Once you've been in the vehicle it becomes vulnerable and will explode with the mines.

I'm just gonna leave this here and bow out of this conversation Narcissism - Wikipedia. You score at least 10/16 on the first list and 6/7 on the second.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 10:55pm

K mate, thanks for the passing grade.

It seems you believe that the purpose of mining close or pretty much on top of where vehicles spawn is done deliberately to "ruin someone's fun". Why is that?
(If) My goal is to get rid of vehicles, AT Mines make it so that there'll be occasions where the problem will just blow up before I can worry about it. Mining a spawn point/close to it just increases the likelihood of those mines destroying an enemy vehicle.

Is that wrong or am I supposed to let the enemy tank kill my team a few times before going for him?

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, January 21st 2017, 11:04pm

Mines trigger on movement or if detonated by gunfire/explosions.

What I was getting at is more of a "it's a thing that should only work once per person". The moment you die to mines seconds after spawning you should expect them if it's possible that the place is mined.

BF1 mines do not appear to trigger on movement.

It seems more like as soon as it detects an enemy vehicle inside its radius, it will detonate after a time delay.

Crawl speed does nothing. This means the mines will begin detonation as soon as the vehicle spawns and you cannot do anything about it once the vehicle is spawned in.

Will need more in-depth testing to figure it out since the files don't really dictate a speed threshold.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Jan 21st 2017, 11:10pm)