Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, March 10th 2015, 8:07pm

Why even bother making a public thread where you can receive criticism and opinions if you're just going to keep stating that what you said is correct... /s

This happened to me once in the PoE subreddit.

My post tl;dr:
Low-life builds are really expensive for their power level--what if there was a buff skill that did X to replace item Y of gear? Here are some rough numbers for a drawback as an example but what really matters is the idea behind it. Is the idea for an anti-chaos buff OP? Balanced? What else could serve as an alternative?

Every single post in response to that was saying that my numbers were off. I corrected math on one of them and ended up being downvoted into oblivion by people who didn't understand the basics of it (having 50% more life doesn't mean much if you now take double damage).
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, March 10th 2015, 8:12pm

Why even bother making a public thread where you can receive criticism and opinions if you're just going to keep stating that what you said is correct... /s

It never ceases to amaze me how many armchair game designers feel entitled to say that a $100+ M game should be 'totally rebalanced'. Hats off for Collis, valiant attempt at fixing stupid. Futile though, but valiant still.

And FSM actually is a very realistic game mechanic.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, March 10th 2015, 8:16pm

And FSM actually is a very realistic game mechanic.

Yeah, defo :)

Also I just skimmed that whole post...Poor poor C0llis ;(
We still love you C0llis, and we always will :3

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, March 10th 2015, 9:57pm

Trick!

Hardline actually had BF4 Launch Suppression effects. Ahhh, placebo is a wonderful thing.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Aug 22nd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, March 10th 2015, 11:04pm

Was playing some CQ on golmud railway, saw a prone sniper, shot him with my AEK in the face and he ragdolled like 500 meters into the air. Oh battlefield, you make me laugh...

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 12:29am

@Miffyli

Did you try out the super recoil aerobics on the Symthic server? Even though the soldier likely won't rotate around his stomach and force his head through his ass I'd enjoy just seeing the tracers and muzzle flash loop around the soldier.

I'd help out if I could but I don't have access to the server and whatever program it is that you use to do things like that on the test range.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 2:35am

Quoted

moe handguard
Cannot unsee
^This.
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 6:26am

@Miffyli

Did you try out the super recoil aerobics on the Symthic server? Even though the soldier likely won't rotate around his stomach and force his head through his ass I'd enjoy just seeing the tracers and muzzle flash loop around the soldier.

I'd help out if I could but I don't have access to the server and whatever program it is that you use to do things like that on the test range.

Oh I didn't test it yet. I am gonna bring somebody to the Symthic's server to test this out if nobody tests it untill that.

Was playing some CQ on golmud railway, saw a prone sniper, shot him with my AEK in the face and he ragdolled like 500 meters into the air. Oh battlefield, you make me laugh...

Only in...
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 4:02pm

I am gonna bring somebody to the Symthic's server to test this out if nobody tests it untill that.

Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, March 11th 2015, 4:06pm

I am gonna bring somebody to the Symthic's server to test this out if nobody tests it untill that.

Sure, if you can record and post stuff :P. We can try out other stuff too if I or others come up with something.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included