Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 8:41am

Battle Pickups are deliberately OP weapons as stated before BF4 launched.

Is there a Battle Pickup that isn't OP?

I'd like to see them changing Barret's weapons. If the article about Barret's licensing stuff in games is truthful, they can't change the weapon to any "less" than it is now without getting sued or something :V

Yeah I remember that.

Funny how no one pays attention to behind-the-scenes stuff like this.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 12:16pm

The AT4 isn't that great. Sure, it's stronger than the rpg but it's only one shot. I'd like to see it get one extra shot, that would make it a bit more enticing. Currently very few people go for it: engineers already carry at rockets and it's better to stay in cover when vehicles are around than to expose yourself by going for the pickup, people that aren't engineers won't be able to do much against vehicles with the AT4 anyway due to the limited ammo. The AT4 is quite different from the other pickups in that regard: the other pickups carry a lot of ammo and are useful in almost all situations, the AT4 is only able to amount to anything (besides killing inf) in niche situations and only comes with one shot.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 12:46pm

The AT4 isn't that great. Sure, it's stronger than the rpg but it's only one shot. I'd like to see it get one extra shot, that would make it a bit more enticing. Currently very few people go for it: engineers already carry at rockets and it's better to stay in cover when vehicles are around than to expose yourself by going for the pickup, people that aren't engineers won't be able to do much against vehicles with the AT4 anyway due to the limited ammo. The AT4 is quite different from the other pickups in that regard: the other pickups carry a lot of ammo and are useful in almost all situations, the AT4 is only able to amount to anything (besides killing inf) in niche situations and only comes with one shot.

What if the AT4 was made into a one shot disable, or even a one hit kill!

Oh, my god, the amount of bullshit, cheap, easy toys would be too damn high!

Like ARMs and Suppression!

People would be sent to the respawn screen with little to no effort. None of them would be saying, "Wow, NoctyrneSAGA, you really outplayed me there! I wish I was as bananas as you!"

I'm of the opinion that if something can't be removed, it's best to nerf it into oblivion!
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 5:36pm

1 shot with 500 splash damage, 50 meter splash do start and 51 meter splash do end would work. /s

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 6:26pm

1 shot with 500 splash damage, 50 meter splash do start and 51 meter splash do end would work. /s

I want to see a black holeish / implosion weapon in actual game one day. Ya know, something with negative impulse that throws everything into one point. I'd demostrate with quick memory edit but too lazy to record 'n' stuff.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 6:33pm

I want to see a black holeish / implosion weapon in actual game one day. Ya know, something with negative impulse that throws everything into one point. I'd demostrate with quick memory edit but too lazy to record 'n' stuff.

didn't borderlands have grenades that worked kind of like that? or are you saying in battlefield?
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 6:51pm

didn't borderlands have grenades that worked kind of like that? or are you saying in battlefield?

Yeah Borderlands has several of those, but I was talking about BF4.
Just imagine a timed rocket that did zero damage but had implosion strength of a little nuke, except negative and thus pulling stuff in air et cetera :D
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 6:51pm

Introducing: The Quasar
:)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 7:52pm

Introducing: The Quasar
:)

Vaal Cyclone?
I'm working on a character that can switch one piece of gear and do this and is almost completely invincible while exploding.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Tuesday, February 24th 2015, 9:47pm

Agreed.

Only map where the AT4 is remotely useful is Dawnbreaker due to the fact that several of them spawn in rather close proximity to eachother after levolution occurs. Other than that, it is not a pick up I'd take unless I need it (say, Foxtrot on Golmud and a vehicle is approaching, I can get two quick shots).

It's quite fun to have in hand as a non-engineer and stand still when a jeep/atv drives straight towards you, though.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.