Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 4:40pm

Someonoe is being a scrub.

eeh... i think he's right, kind of, it depends on the situation, if you're ESL MLG pro, then i doubt that you might want to think about honor, same goes for whn you just to have fun with extremely awkward setups, that has nothing to do with honour, but anything else? i think in those other situation you might actually want to think of honor and stuff, as it's a way to go show how and what you are to other people, let's say for example that you invite some of your best friends at your house and play something like, i dunno, anything that involves teams or sides, would you just get on the side f the stronger one because you'd win? i hardly doubt as that'd be kind of a dick move, and nobody likes dicks.

now here is the same exact thing:unless there's a good reason to be a lamer or whatever, you actually may want to play in a more honorable way as that may affect what people think of you, or what even you think of yourself; sure, you're playing with strangers, but what does that change? it's not like when you play airsoft, you don't call your hits just to win, even there is a thing of honor and sportsmanship.
in the end, as long as you don't be a dick or lamer or anything else that might be disliked in situatuations that don't require it, you might be fine,but anything else, and you should think about it twice.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 8:24pm

Quoted from "iota-09"

No one likes dicks

Someone is in denial :P

Also, the whole "playing with friends thing" is just a poor argument, at least that's how I see it (and this is why). What are you trying to achieve when you play? Having fun? Going for the win is a valid way to have fun, as is fucking around with whatever silliness you want.

Having someone over at your place and playing a videogame are completely different settings, yet neither inhibits you from trying your best to win. In fact, its more fun when there's actual competition on whatever you're playing.

Not calling your hits on an Air soft match would be the equivalent of cheating to tell the server that the bullets that hit you did actually not hit.
Ergo, an illegal move doesn't equate to doing your utmost to win. In no point it is implied that you should cheat to win, it is just said that you should go for the win with whatever available rresources you have.

The public's opinion of you should not affect you at all, and if some "morals" stop you from playing to win, then just do not play to win.

Also, playing to won doesn't mean you have to be what people call a "try hard", but you will more effectively help to secure the win by "tryharding"
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 11:16pm

Playing to win is great. if you lose your honour, you might learn more and improve yourself at the game. But you would still have a MLP avatar, no honour, and the net result is nobody who matters will take you seriously.

re-Fix'd

The game only knows winning and losing, Not rules of 'honour' or of 'cheapness'.

The game is not an exclusion to the rest of life. Dishonourable types often pretend that it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Circle_(virtual_worlds)

The concept of the magic circle is important in any act of "play" whether it be gaming or a performance. Otherwise, we would end up thinking there really was an intergalactic DJ named Ruby Rhod flying around or that you can shout "hadouken" and a fireball will fly out.

The magic circle is the idea that whatever happens inside of it is at the exclusion of the rules or occurences outside. While players can bring outside-worldly influences into the inside (real life military tactics), the reverse is not necessarily true (jumping off a building and respawning in a hospital).

Therefore, someone who plays "dishonorably" is not guaranteed to live the same way.

And as Sirlin said, the imposition of your own personal ruleset on top of the game's rules is the definition of being a scrub. Breaking the game's rules would truly be dishonorable. Breaking a server admin's rule of "no stingers" isn't. The game does not recognize stingers as dishonorable. Only the scrub does.

Anyways, this is what I really wanted to post.

@Legion
@IG

Based Kojima

http://i.imgur.com/lDws4KQ.jpg

Skip to 2:48:00

?????31?? ???????????????????????????PC? ?MGSV:GZ? ??Steam®? ??????? ???? ?? ???????????? - YouTube
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Dec 25th 2014, 11:46pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 25th 2014, 11:47pm

Therefore, someone who plays "dishonorably" is not guaranteed to live the same way.

Hallelujaa. Nice to see some "proper theory" behind this as I have seen this happening quite many times at *cough* other gaming related forums *cough*.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, December 26th 2014, 12:21am

not guaranteed=/=will never happen

not everyone takes games differently from life regarding emotions and stuff like that.
"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, December 26th 2014, 12:40am

not guaranteed=/=will never happen

not everyone takes games differently from life regarding emotions and stuff like that.

Yes, but gettin' real tired of people almost always throwing conclusions about people just based on how they play a game (which does reflect person somewhat, but not necessarily the way he acts IRL). Then again, internet debates ingame are very rarely valid sooo... Moving on.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, December 26th 2014, 2:54am

Anyways, this is what I really wanted to post.

Based Kojima

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 1:34pm

"I'm just a loot whore."

bf4
on 13/05/2016

bf3

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, December 28th 2014, 1:39pm

The camo index will be soooooo high on that one.

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series