Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 11:51am

"The SRAW is a high skill weapon"

What's so skilled about superimposing a crosshair/rocket over your desired target?

Not much. Still needs some where with all for lead, and it does make you very vulnerable while in use, but it's not hard to use. Besides, the way DICE balanced the launchers' damage vs skill is pretty true with the RPG and SMAW on top, SRAW in middle, and Jav and LAW at bottom.

But although taking out a tank or chopper at longer range is way hard with an RPG or SMAW, being that they are dumb and require little input from the user makes them instinctively usable. The SRAW does take some dedicated practice to use well.

I also think it is the best launcher to use in the right hands. It has the most versatility, even after the major nerf it got.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

• "hunturk" started this thread

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 12:10pm

What's so skilled about superimposing a crosshair/rocket over your desired target?

I don't usually condone the looking up of stats to use in an argument but I think it's relevant in this case:

That's your time and amount of kills with the SRAW. What's relevant there is the amount of time you have with it. 1 hour and 46 minutes, this tells me that you've barely used it at all and thus haven't experimented and experienced all the different scenarios I have.

Yeah, placing your rocket over a slow moving helicopter and waiting for the SRAW to hit doesn't require much skill. Of course it doesn't. However how many pilots fly slowly in a straight line? Most of the time you can't see the helicopter when you hit it because it moves too fast to stay in the reticule. That's when you have to guide a rocket you can't see towards a helicopter you also can't see, purely based on your knowledge of how fast it goes and an estimation of where the helicopter is going to be.

That takes skill, and it takes more skill to do it consistently shot after shot, and essentially DICE are actually lowering the skill ceiling with these changes by making the majority of shots impossible.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 2:11pm

I don't usually condone the looking up of stats to use in an argument but I think it's relevant in this case:

That's your time and amount of kills with the SRAW. What's relevant there is the amount of time you have with it. 1 hour and 46 minutes, this tells me that you've barely used it at all and thus haven't experimented and experienced all the different scenarios I have.

Yeah, placing your rocket over a slow moving helicopter and waiting for the SRAW to hit doesn't require much skill. Of course it doesn't. However how many pilots fly slowly in a straight line? Most of the time you can't see the helicopter when you hit it because it moves too fast to stay in the reticule. That's when you have to guide a rocket you can't see towards a helicopter you also can't see, purely based on your knowledge of how fast it goes and an estimation of where the helicopter is going to be.

That takes skill, and it takes more skill to do it consistently shot after shot, and essentially DICE are actually lowering the skill ceiling with these changes by making the majority of shots impossible.

Hear hear. At a negligible 135 kills in 2h, I can only agree with this. A vast majority of my chopper SRAW kills have been really tricky, or luck demanding, to get. Because flyboys don't stay still, holding the crosshair at the target most often gives a miss. Not holding the crosshair over target and still getting the kill is the skill demanding part.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 3:26pm

Is this where I should step in and point out how absolutely ridiculous it is that you think shooting down jets and helicopters with a hand held rocket launcher is a completely normal thing to do?

And for the record, I have used my SRAW for 44 minutes and 40 seconds, as in, I've held it in my hands that long. Would you rate my experience higher if I had run around with it 24/7 and had 100 hours with it? :| What matters is not the time, but the ability to analyze and understand...

In that "short" amount of time I've fired 349 shots though, which is hardly a small number... You don't need 40 hours to understand things :|

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,307)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 3:26pm

Don't just look at scouts and jets (I totally agree that sraw on scouts/jets is demanding), look at the other air vehicles as well. Live AH and transport (both live and CTE) are sraw-bait, especially the transport. Hitting transports with the sraw is incredibly easy and it often fucks the transport over so badly that it crashes (or if it's already damaged enough: gives you a nice multikill).

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

hunturk

(1,652)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 4:20pm

@Aenonar

I'm confused why you think it's ridiculous. Because it's "not realistic"?
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 5:49pm

The SRAW is a scrub launcher. It rewards people who cannot get their shot right when they shoot. SMAW and RPG are much more banana.

You should be very pleased that pointing at helicopters till you hit is no longer possible with the nerf. It requires much more bananas now. Only the best can hit aircraft consistently. Deal with it.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 6:00pm

I think, there should be a thread, where the nerf of the Sraw can be discussed, than discussing it here.

Still I want to contribute: I can clearly see, that the SRAW needed a nerf, but this extend goes a Little too far. Using it has its disadvantages. Besides a damage reduction with using Laser Painted Targets is not a good idea either. I only get occasionally killed from this Rocket Launcher, but I can see, that it has been heavily abused on PC. Probably a reduction in range/dmg or a increased turning radius would help, but the current Change is too brutal.

Oh and as we are discussing on Rocket Launchers then I can state as well that the MBT LAW in its current state is not a viable Option either.
still playin' Motorstorm

hunturk

(1,652)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 8:57pm

@Rezal

Yeah, I am glad that you can't hit helicopters by simply pointing straight at them, that should never have been in the game in the first place.

Your last statement completely contradicts your first. It acknowledges the existence of a skill ceiling and the SRAW not being a "scrub launcher" as you so eloquently put.

No, this nerf doesn't mean that only the best can hit aircraft consistently. A turning circle as large as the one proposed means that you essentially can't hit helicopters moving past a certain speed and within a certain distance. This lowers the skill ceiling if anything.

Also, if I have the choice between hoping my rocket flies into something and guiding it into my target, why the fuck would I choose the former? It's just flat out inferior. Choosing the better option doesn't make me a "scrub".

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, December 21st 2014, 9:18pm