Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

LB

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:05am

meh, i'd expect a bit more time for fun, seeing how the cause of death should be bloodloss if the guts are left intact...infection should take multiple days as well

Tie him to a chair and force him to watch bright and colourful children's programs until he breaks.

Huehuehuehue

PC master race!

CPU; Intel i7 2600K @4.3GHz
CPU Cooler; Corsair H60 cooler
Memory; 12GB 1866MHz Corsair RAM
GPU; ASUS GTX 670 (slightly OC'd)
Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
Storage; 240GB Corsair Force 3 SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD (7200RPM)
PSU; Cooler Master GX 650 Bronze

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:06am

nah, i personally see the breaking as a result of the fun, not the fun itself (well, maybe a little bit)

*preferences might differ

anyhooooow

im still hoping AL can save me :'(

LB

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:07am

What I've been doing for my exams is past papers, then marking them using the mark scheme. The way I see it, whenever I get something wrong, it lowers the chances of me getting it wrong the next time.

PC master race!

Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:09am

What I've been doing for my exams is past papers, then marking them using the mark scheme. The way I see it, whenever I get something wrong, it lowers the chances of me getting it wrong the next time.

uhm, ye, i guess that'd work if i'd fail this exam. But i would really prefer to just get this exam over with, without having to re-do it :|

LB

Railgun Engineer

(871)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:16am

nono, I'm not resitting, isn't there a way you can get your hands on papers that have already been and gone? Doing ones that have passed will give you an idea of what's to come. Every single exam has a few repeating questions where you can just write a one sentence answer and get some guaranteed marks. I just get them online, print them, do them in exam conditions, and then mark them.

PC master race!

Mobo; ASUS P8Z68-V Pro

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:20am

that'll have little use if there even are some subjects that are teacher did NOT teach AT ALL because he's a ragequitting dick

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 9:45am

BF3 Gun Stats

I recently started reading BF3 gun stats to choose weapons that would improve my performance and I realized that the sniper rifles do not have the greatest bullet velocities in the game. I understand if it is the semi-auto rifles since those are more like powerful carbines or assault rifles, but sniper rifles such as the M98B, the JNG-90, the SV98, and even the M40A5 are being out classed by guns that were meant to be used in close quaters. I did some research and I found that the real world bullet velocity of the M98B is 940 m/s. I understand that DICE did this for game balance, but they should still give sniper rifles respectable bullet velocities since their purpose is to hit from far ranges. This doesn't really piss me off, but it does bug me a bit.
Good gaming to one and all!!!

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 11:21am

I recently started reading BF3 gun stats to choose weapons that would improve my performance and I realized that the sniper rifles do not have the greatest bullet velocities in the game. I understand if it is the semi-auto rifles since those are more like powerful carbines or assault rifles, but sniper rifles such as the M98B, the JNG-90, the SV98, and even the M40A5 are being out classed by guns that were meant to be used in close quaters. I did some research and I found that the real world bullet velocity of the M98B is 940 m/s. I understand that DICE did this for game balance, but they should still give sniper rifles respectable bullet velocities since their purpose is to hit from far ranges. This doesn't really piss me off, but it does bug me a bit.

Bullet velocity doesn't really matter much... For normal weapons it barely matters at all since you're so close that you don't really have to compensate for drop at all even with the above normal gravity. Matters a bit more for snipers, but at the ranges you're actually effective you barely have to compensate at all.

If they actually had the real velocities on all guns it would basically just be point and shoot, even at extreme ranges. Why? Because there is no bullet drag to slow the bullets down at longer ranges.

Normal M98B with 12x scope has 500 meters at about the first bar, 1200 meters on 2nd bar, 1900 meters on 3rd bar and 2300 on 4th bar. But if it had 940 m/s the first bar would be about 1100 meters, 2nd bar about 2600 meters and 3rd bar 4000 meters

The effective range of snipers is about 200 meters, though maybe a bit further with higher velocity to make leading easier.. But you're talking about just millimeters of difference on the point of aim which means you don't have to actually compensate to hit, you'll get a solid hit anyways. Even at 500 meters aiming for the head would still get you at least a shot in the foot/leg ;> With ACOG, well... Point and shoot... Barely worth moving the mouse for compensation even at 500 meters so I think it would be very hard to actually hit anything at long range unless the bullet gets sucked in for being "close enough" for the game

Slow velocities actually helps you hit at longer ranges because there's a greater margin of error. 0.1mm aim difference doesn't matter much because it might only be 10 cm difference at the other end at ~500 meters.. But with high velocities it could be like 10 meters ;>

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

MrT3a

The only man who ever reported his own post!

(920)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 12:46pm

x4 scope @ 100m max. is best use of snipers ^^ (slightly off topic, and only my opinion ^^ ^^)
Stats thingy

Quotes of wisdom (maybe)

I'm a battlefield player, good sir. I don't play metro.

PC is no longer PC master race. It's PC mustard race, because consoles need to ketchup :'D

DICE gave so much into making commander better, but lemmings be lemmings I guess.

As a good guy that don't want to use overly glitched weapons, I'll quit using the MTAR and switch to the ACWR until it's fixed

The world needs more people like you

+1, I think we're all in agreement that more MrT3as would be an awesome thing :love:
Although if that was the case they'd use up so much of the world's awesome that there'd be none left for the rest of us! :D

yes, I know, I'm a big-ass hypocrite

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, June 5th 2013, 12:50pm

@ToTheSun!

I actually hate you for giving me the idea to use the G3A3. Now every single automatic weapon that's not the G3A3 feels like a pile of shit.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3