Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Symthic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 1:52pm

Re: What pissed you off today?

Quoted from ""Aenonar""

Got 2 big villas to shovel snow on, our own and my grandparents.. I'm apparently the only one that has "time" to do it... Shoveled a couple of tons the past 2 days, and it snowed yet again tonight -.-'
I just sit on my ATV and it does the shoveling for me
You should buy one, it's a lot of fun at winter as well as very handy for such things as plowing etc.
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, February 8th 2012, 10:46am

Today I was pissed off by a games equipment manufacturer... Namely SteelSeries.

Ever since I was a n00b I have used zBoard products for gaming. I had a Fang way back when, then a Merc and now I have Merc Stealth, the latter is branded Steelseries, who bought out zBoard afew years ago.

The Fang and Merc never had any problems which were not rage induced and i would have recommended them to friends.

The Merc Steal however has a broken S key in the controller part of the board on the left...

Here's a pic of the Stealth:

So I wrote the following to their support folks...

Me:
Broken Key

Dav{redacted}
Jan 03 06:17

HI I've broken the plastic clip connecting my S key to my Merc Stealth, not the main keyboard one but the one on the butterfly thingy on the left. I really havent had it for long and was hoping you could sell me a new key for a reasonable price. I'm not sure if it is under warranty still or not. I purchased it from JB HiFi in Melbourne. What can you do to help?

They responded with:

Hello David,

I've assigned your ticket to John and he will be with you shortly. Appreciate your patience!

Regards,
Mike S
SteelSeries Support

January 03, 2012 09:17

and then

Hi David,

SteelSeries recently implemented a parts replacement process out of the North America office in Chicago, IL. We try to provide small replacement parts for a minimal fee (just to cover shipping and handling charges). The support team has implemented this as a courtesy for customers in the case of defects or loss of specific parts.

In order to obtain your requested parts, please follow the instructions below:

1) Please send funds by PayPal to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:support@steelseries.com">support@steelseries.com</a><!-- e -->:

$5.00 US Dollars if you are located in North America.
5.00 (Euros) if you are located Internationally.

Mark the payment under "Personal" and check "Payment owed."

2) Write "Replacement part ticket #40957" in the subject line of the payment.

3) In the Message section of the payment, please provide your full shipping address and the specific part and product you are requesting.

We will try our best to ship out the replacement part(s) within 3-5 business days. Because of the usual small size of the replacement parts - they are sent by USPS First-Class mail which does not offer tracking numbers. The shipping time should take between 7-14 business days. The package that will arrive will be in a small padded yellow/orange envelope.

Thank you for reaching out to us - please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

John W
Global Manager of Support Operations
SteelSeries

January 03, 2012 11:19

I followed their instructions and waited, and waited and waited and waited some more.

Today I came home to find this... (my wife took the photo to send to me at work when she opened the mail, sorry for the quality but you can see what it is.)

by it's self, no "with compliments", no "thanks for your request" just nothing but a key in a jiffy bag with a consignment slip attched.

and as you have probably worked out by now it's the WRONG FUCKING KEY!

I was a little pissed when I received the message with the pic from my wife off so I wrote back from my place of work via their web portal:

Feb 07 18:15

WTF is wrong with the staff you employ?

READ MY REQUEST AGAIN you idiots need to send me the key for the controller on the left side of My Merc Stealth. NOT THE SQUARE ONE! Read the request again and send me the right damn KEY. The one from the contoller pad at the left. Do I need to send a Photo?

I'm now really pissed off because I've waited for ages and you send me the wrong item. I'm going to tell all on my gaming forum how crap your support really is.

Also on your parcel you have advised the value is $1 when I paid 5 Euros. That's false declaration to the Australian Customs Service, as a Federal Employee myself I take a dim view of such practices. Honesty is the best policy.

A pissed of Dav{redacted}

PS I'm not paying you a euro-cent more

Try again!

When I returned home this evening I had another mail from John W:

Hey David,

Very sorry to hear that you're having an issue with your product - we definitely want to get you up and running, so I've transferred this ticket to Brendan.

He should get back to you within the next 1-2 business days.

Regards,

John W

February 08, 2012 00:23

Let's hope Brendan is equipped with a brain.

Sorry for length of my post, but when I'm pissed I like to leave no doubt what I'm pissed about.

pew pew pew

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 11th 2012, 3:28am

The fact that I'm 27 today, gained a few more grey hairs on my head and my bitterness level went up. Also some dimwit out-turned, out-maneuvered and out-shot me in A-10. Disgusting.
&quot;I can imagine a perfect world. A word without violence. Without armies. Without war.
And I can imagine us attacking that world because they would never expect it.&quot;

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, February 11th 2012, 8:59am

My built in electromagnetism seems to have been upgraded lately.... Depending on how I lay in bed, the alarm clock spews out static instead of lovely music... -.-' Have to lay completely straight to get the best (still not perfect though) reception, can't stretch my arms or legs or anything :| Never happened before, plus the radio is like 1 meter away from the bed :|

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 12:02am

Group of bushwookies sniping their asses off. Not to mention I go on a knifing rampage of 5 tags. 6th sniper hears the last guy getting stabbed, turned round and hip fired his SV98 (had a 12x scope on it so doubt he ADS at 2m) and head shotted me. Oh and he was level 7..... Fucking basterd.

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 5:46am

It snowed...

It's too damn cold for a redneck like me!
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 5:31am

I spent half a 1300 ticket Wake Island conquest game (600 tickets, flags about even so ~30 minutes?) trying to get into a decent vehicle for vehicle cooperation with my friend. Literally. Every single time I tried to steal one of the russian jets (F35 plain sucks, even with Light Brake from BF3SE) or their heli, or take off in one of our own heli's/jets I would either die right before or right after getting in. iMad.

Literally.
Half a friggin hour.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 9:10am

3rd day with a cold that almost exclusively went to the throat, making it hurt like a freight train whenever I swallow something, including saliva... None of the anti-throat pain pills seem to be working either...

Though on the plus side, it's been snowing like mad for these 3 days, so I didn't have to shovel snow \o/

Though on the down side, my father and brother helped out, and they did a halfassed job........ -.-

Quoted

Date of registration
: Feb 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 25th 2012, 9:41am

my phone completely lost all reception for a few hours... during an over the phone interview for my dream job -:'(-

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, February 27th 2012, 6:06am

2 weeks with a cold now... Just when I thought I was about to recover completely - my throat swelled up, can't swallow anything without severe pain... -.-' Nothing in the house seems to help either... Spent the whole night thinking I had slept 4-6 hours, but every time barely 1 hour had passed... <.<

Guess I got to find a doctor today, though usually they just go "uhh, come back if it's not better after a week" -.-

Oh and... it's still just 6 in the morning... Couldn't take it anymore...

Edit: So... apparently I've got streptococcus in my throat which is causing a big lump... So I'm now on antibiotics and painkillers... Which don't seem to work long enough before it's time to take the next... Like 5 hour effectiveness and 8 hour time between each one...

Edit2: Antibiotics ftw. Significantly healed in just 12 hours

Quoted