Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, March 14th 2016, 6:34pm

So my network comes via this USB-thingy. Suddenly today I just couldn't connect to the internet...
Swapped the USB-thing to another port, works... Plugged in KB to the port where the USB thing previously was, KB works fine...
So WTF is the thing?

Also is there any difference at all between USB 2&3 in this matter?

There might be. USB 3 has a higher limit for power output, 100 mA vs 150 mA. A USB network card may be using a bit, but I would imagine that a keyboard would use more, especially if backlit. In general though USB problems are a mystery. I took my dads PC out of his office to clean it last week, once I plugged it back in the keyboard now stays lit constantly, even with the computer off. I've no idea what is causing it, but since it isn't hurting anything I just left it as is.

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, March 14th 2016, 7:17pm

So my network comes via this USB-thingy. Suddenly today I just couldn't connect to the internet...
Swapped the USB-thing to another port, works... Plugged in KB to the port where the USB thing previously was, KB works fine...
So WTF is the thing?

There might be. USB 3 has a higher limit for power output, 100 mA vs 150 mA. A USB network card may be using a bit, but I would imagine that a keyboard would use more, especially if backlit. In general though USB problems are a mystery. I took my dads PC out of his office to clean it last week, once I plugged it back in the keyboard now stays lit constantly, even with the computer off. I've no idea what is causing it, but since it isn't hurting anything I just left it as is.

Right now, I don't even even...

Now none of the USB 3.0 ports work, 2s do fine, I'm lost. Win says the driver is up to date at least.
Where flesh fails, machine endures.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Arquemann" (Mar 14th 2016, 7:26pm)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 11:10am

So WTF is the thing?

Right now, I don't even even...
index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=815
Now none of the USB 3.0 ports work, 2s do fine, I'm lost. Win says the driver is up to date at least.

I had a USB wireless on the comp connected to the TV, but after setting it up it just stopped recognizing the USB port.. Basically the drivers had crapped out somehow breaking just that USB port, others worked fine... Not sure what type of USB ports it was but these things can happen : / Basically it just sorted itself out after rebooting without the USB connected

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 11:37am

Did you try uninstalling the drivers from that menu and letting it find proper ones again? I don't think USB3 would require special type of drivers especially if your hardware is even slightly newer stuff.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 2:03pm

Did you try uninstalling the drivers from that menu and letting it find proper ones again? I don't think USB3 would require special type of drivers especially if your hardware is even slightly newer stuff.

Yes I did, multiple times, same bloody exlamation mark, but instead of the "amd extensible and so on it's just "USB xHCI compatible host driver" or something like that.
Also from that menu the broken things claim that they "had a problem starting". I should install Windows in english next time.

On a different topic; I will refresh/reinstall/reset Windows when I get my new PC parts, like I'm gonna press that "delete everything" -button.
So in what order should I do it? Delete everything, go thru reinstalling and then swap parts OR delete everything, swap parts and then the reinstall process (if i can even shut down inbetween) OR new parts in and reinstall after that (hoping that it boots with new parts)?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 2:45pm

On a different topic; I will refresh/reinstall/reset Windows when I get my new PC parts, like I'm gonna press that "delete everything" -button.
So in what order should I do it? Delete everything, go thru reinstalling and then swap parts OR delete everything, swap parts and then the reinstall process (if i can even shut down inbetween) OR new parts in and reinstall after that (hoping that it boots with new parts)?

New parts in and then install (remember to format drive during install). That way you should have proper clean slate for all drivers and whatnot.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 3:37pm

New parts in and then install (remember to format drive during install). That way you should have proper clean slate for all drivers and whatnot.

So just hardware first then reinstall, yes? I'm absurdly tired, sorry.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

Date of registration

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 4:16pm

So just hardware first then reinstall, yes? I'm absurdly tired, sorry.

Yeap :). Hope stuff works right after that.

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 5:02pm

......new Dremel just broke... Again after only ~30 hours of use.... Same breakage as well, sputtered and then only went at low speed.... ffs.

At least I have warranty this time <.<

Only question is, what should I replace it with.. Another Dremel 3000 will probably just break again but all the others only come in big packs where you pay for a lot of useless stuff I already have <.<

About 20 hours left on the project, so a new 3000 breakage might not trigger before then and who knows when the next project will be = expired warranty <.<

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

CobaltRose

I'll be there... around every corner... in every empty room...

(1,219)

Date of registration
: Nov 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 10:06pm

playing the daily missions on The Division with Russians. Yay...

Bad people? Probably not, but the OOR lag was real and the only words I could understand were cuss words and one guy needing ammo at one point.

EDIT: Wanted to get an ambidextrous mag release for my Tippmann M4. Tried a regular AEG one: didn't work. Searched up ambi mag catches for real AR-15's: cheapest I could find in stock was $65. For something shorter than my stubby-ass thumb. Looked up regular AR-15 mag catches and they're all under $15.

FFS I hate being lefty :cursing:
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Memorable Quotes

I once tried to burn a bridge, but due to the half-assed levolution implementation it kept standing up just fine.

Compared to the MTAR, the PDR has the TTK of your average pack of cigarettes.

The World Champion, on the Tactical Light:
"Oh don't mind me, I'm just out of ammo and I'll just POCKET SUN!!!!"

What can't be changed can be banned.

I'm completely serious. Well, seriously insane actually :P

If only more people left the wheel chair, adjustable hospital bed, and crutches behind and played HC. (aka Regen, Minimap, Killcam)

Natalia Poklonskaya:
Putin the cute in prosecute since 2014.

I can't look at my own avatar without having to pee. GG Me. GG.

I swear to god if you reply with a picture of the AEK I'll mail you a buttplug shaped like one.

The one time when "it's only three inches" is a good thing.

How do you guys control your FAMAS burst length since it fires its mag in just 1,5 seconds))
I consider each magazine a burst. :/

This is Symthic, we don't do "feels" around here ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CobaltRose" (Mar 16th 2016, 5:23pm)