Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Symthic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, February 2nd 2012, 11:43pm

What pissed you off today?

That my car broke..
It was -25'c outside and once I started it, oil filter adapter's O ring cracked and it puked all the oil to my yard.
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Autosynthesis" (Nov 29th 2012, 10:12pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 7:23am

Re: What pissed you off today?

Quoted from ""Symthic""

That my car broke..
It was -25'c outside and once I started it, oil filter adapter's O ring cracked and it puked all the oil to my yard.

:(

How far north do you live?

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 9:01am

I just got really irked trying to hold a sensible debate with a girl in my dorm, Nadine. It was about how it was unfair that people in the south can't get a quality education at Clemson University (SC has "great" schools, plus they don't have a lot of majors) and how it was impossible for most South Carolinians to afford a decent education. (I'm from SC, I know a bit about this issue.) <> indicates where I had to paraphrase stuff because people talked for a minute and a half or so. Wall of text follows.

This is why I can't stand international studies majors, they don't understand simple stuff and can only function off of stuff they've read in their textbooks. That point was proven in a class debate last week, I won't go into that.

Wall of text:
Nadine: The education at Clemson, or here at VT, is the same as it is at MIT. They're all accredited, so they all do the same job.

Me: <Wait, what? That's not true. There's a way to prove it.> You can test graduates and compare their scores to see how well the university functions at educating people with regards to teaching them facts. <You'll see a difference>. In this manner, your whole argument is rendered invalid.

Nadine: That doesn't work. <Attempts counterexample. Completely fails when I say that we're talking about averages, not exceptions to averages. I then proceed to explain how an average works.>

Me: <Discussion of relevant mathematics--she's an International Studies major, she doesn't understand averages and the like since she hasn't seen them in years>

Nadine: But the job market doesn't care how intelligent you are. <Examples> Education can't be measured by test scores.
(Wait, what?)

Me: I was talking about the success of universities at teaching facts. I've said that a couple of times now. I'm not talking about the job market, just why the quality at universities (VT vs MIT) varies.

Nadine: <But that doesn't matter> when it comes to getting jobs, so you're shallow and a stupid person. <I think she said something about feeling sorry for how bad of a person I was but I started ignoring her about a minute or two into her dialogue>

Me: I wasn't talking about whether or not it was relevant to the job market, I'm just trying to say that there is a difference in the quality of education. That's all I'm trying to establish, the existence of a difference.

Nadine: But education doesn't matter when it comes to getting a job since the education is the same at Clemson as it is at MIT. The SAT doesn't measure intelligence.
(Using your point to prove your argument? "I'm right because I'm right"--have to love her logic, or lack thereof)

Me: *facepalm* Firstly, I wasn't talking about any existing tests. Secondly, I was talking about questioning graduates of colleges, not applicants. So, what are you trying to say?

Nadine: That you're a horrible person because you think that education is everything in life.

Me: I didn't say anything like that. Did you hear my premise? Different universities are differently skilled at teaching facts. I'm not saying about how that's relevant to anything practical.

Nadine: Still, you're a horrible person, you're shallow and stupid, and I'm leaving.
*She leaves before I can reply*

Me: I wasn't even trying to talk about whether or not intelligence matters, I was just trying to say that quality of education differs. (She probably didn't hear me, I yelled it after her but she might've been too far away)

How stupid do you have to be to get that sidetracked because you're an in-state elitist (she admits to this)? And why does she, the girl that doesn't even ask how other people are doing because she doesn't care, think that I'm the shallow, uncaring one? I'm thinking she needs to get her sorority friends to teach her something about the real world. What an idiot. I can't stand people like her. It's like everyone in the International Studies major lacks common sense--I have tons of examples of this, I'm in a culture discussion class that is about 85% IS majors.

Prime example: Removing a law that gave political benefits for religious minorities is "racist against Muslims."
Problems:
1) Race=\= religious status.
2) How is such not removing such a law fair in the first place, especially in a country that'd had strict separation between church and state for the past 100-ish years?
3) It affects everyone. Not just Muslims. That was clear from the beginning.

The teacher loved how shocked I was at her stupidity so much that he turned the topic into a 30-man debate that finally ended on Wednesday, with me finally citing some statistics to say that even people most directly affected by the law supported removing it.

Independent Studies majors have no common sense.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Sokolovac

Administrator

(332)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 12:59pm

Quoted from ""TheFrontlinesman""

Snippidy snip-

I had an eyelash in my eye today for most of the morning, it was annoying and I couldn't get it out.
POI~

Symthic

Head Administrator

(1,641)

• "Symthic" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 1:15pm

Quoted from ""Keating""

How far north do you live?

In a quite small town called Mänttä at middle of finland.
http://maps.google.fi/maps?q=m%C3%A4ntt%…t%C3%A4&t=m&z=6
BF3: Objective per minute: World top 1%

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 3:30pm

I couldn't find my ipod charger... so no topgun while I flew my jet this morning (in bf3!)

That and I couldn't find my cigarettes last night... threw my old controller out of the window..skillz

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, February 3rd 2012, 10:43pm

Quoted from ""Symthic""

That my car broke..

What kinda mod required moving your oil filter? I always introduce unexpected failure into my cars through modification, but oil filter failure is lol-worthy - especially with the cold weather.

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 4:57am

Getting a 1000 word essay dropped on me on the first few days back at school....

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? £170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 8:40am

Three papers due today. I was told to redo two of them and turn them in before 5:00 (needed to update one for stuff that was taught today in class, other had some formatting issues and I needed to rewrite it). Great day, especially given that Friday is one of my long days and I had to work.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 10:05am

Got 2 big villas to shovel snow on, our own and my grandparents.. I'm apparently the only one that has "time" to do it... Shoveled a couple of tons the past 2 days, and it snowed yet again tonight -.-'

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again