Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Metal Links

They are watching you

(182)

• "Metal Links" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, January 11th 2013, 10:30pm

The Firearm Topic.

I figured we should have a place to discuss firearms for us owners or enthusiasts.

Anyone know of a good piston operated 7.62x39 cal. rifle? I want something more accurate then a 2 moa AKM and more optics friendly then the AK/VZ58. I was think about a SIG556R.
Quote of the Day:
"Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress"

Date of registration
: Jul 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, January 11th 2013, 10:52pm

m1911 is my all time favourite.

x5iriu5x

Companion Box

(428)

Date of registration
: Jun 8th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, January 11th 2013, 11:14pm

POST BECAUSE IT'S NEEDED.

DON'T LET THIS TURN INTO AN ARGUMENT ABOUT GUN LAWS OR ANYTHING CONTROVERSIAL. LET'S KEEP IT STRICTLY FIREARM DISCUSSION PLEASE GUYS ^.^

I LOVE bullpup configurations. Also, for your rifle question, this came to mind.

Rock River Arms LAR-47 Review - Guns & Ammo

Can't remember if it's piston or not, but it is darn nice rifle.

When I am 18 (this june) I'll be getting a job and hopefully buying a shotgun, rimfire rifle, and a centerfire rifle. The rifles will hopefully be semi auto bullpup types if the "BAN" doesn't happen. As for the shotgun, I don't know if I would get the ksg (dat pup), or an 870 because I LOVE the 870. As for a handgun, my father could buy one for me, but it would be kinda hard because of the age restrictions on everything handgun related under 21.

This new smg by Sig is kinda amazing <3

SIG MPX... THE NEXT GENERATION OF SUBMACHINE GUN IS HERE - YouTube
Call me Siri. It makes life simpler. Also hate me. It makes Symthic servers run.

Sorry for my random absences, Soldier life takes priority.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "x5iriu5x" (Jan 12th 2013, 1:42am)

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 6:05pm

My home aresenal...

Pepin the Short

Sexy (Legal) Secretary

(389)

Date of registration
: Oct 21st 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 6:43pm

The SKS is a short-stroke piston operated weapon in 7.62x39.

But, besides that, the best you can get is one of the more eclectic AR uppers.

Oh, also:

Spoiler Spoiler

They look prettier that way.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pepin the Short" (Jan 13th 2013, 7:46pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, January 14th 2013, 4:58am

I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast, but I grew up going to the shooting range with my dad and hunting. Just this past summer he got me a 1911-style .45 pistol, a Kimber. I've taken a course and want to get my concealed carry permit, but I've been too lazy so far to go get fingerprinted and fill out/mail the paperwork. I don't get a lot of spare time to go shoot, but there's an indoor pistol range nearby and I've put some rounds through it. I'm much more familiar with shooting rifles than I am handguns, so my accuracy is rather--erm--bad. It's improving pretty steadily with each visit, though. I love the look and the feel of the gun...just gotta get more familiar with it I guess.

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, January 14th 2013, 6:35am

My home aresenal...

-snip-

Dude, where'd you buy that? I want to know 8o

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Monday, January 14th 2013, 10:44am

This topic makes me wish my country had better gun laws :(

Pistols at a shooting range suck if you know some people can bring beautiful AR's :(

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, January 14th 2013, 2:29pm

Dude, where'd you buy that? I want to know 8o

Buy? All over the place. I bought the individual bits and pieces and built the rifle myself. Ended up $300-$400 cheaper to build it and have the rifle the way I wanted rather than buying it off the shelf that way.

I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast, but I grew up going to the shooting range with my dad and hunting. Just this past summer he got me a 1911-style .45 pistol, a Kimber..... I'm much more familiar with shooting rifles than I am handguns, so my accuracy is rather--erm--bad. It's improving pretty steadily with each visit, though. I love the look and the feel of the gun...just gotta get more familiar with it I guess.

Can't get much better than a Kimber for a 1911 style pistol. I agree shooting pistol is a vastly different skill set than with rifle. I've found for pistol that grip and trigger control are the two things that make the biggest difference in shooting well. Get the hands as high as possible into the pistol. For maximum recoil control and follow-through my thumbs end up on the side of the slide, "resting" on the slide release. Like this:

Oh, and dry fire, dry fire, dry fire. Smooth and slow with the trigger while concentrating on keeping that front sight as still as possible.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "OzzDOA" (Jan 14th 2013, 2:34pm)

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, January 14th 2013, 2:34pm

holland just made frikking airsoft legal and you guys can buy a ksg??!!!!