Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 2:28pm

@Oscar

Is really good at unclogging back entrances

TIL
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 4:34pm

@Oscar

TIL

Hey its an unorthodox way but it works as well as my parking lot cleaning service.

A bit loud too, but hey it happens :D
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 6:16pm

@Oscar

TIL

Hey its an unorthodox way but it works as well as my parking lot cleaning service.

Parking lot cleaning service? Knew you were actually Mexican.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
"Any substance able to evoke an organised flow of symbolic information seemingly issuing from somewhere outside one's sense of self, or ego, has to be worth studying, especially if the experience appears more real than real" - Simon G. Powell.

RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Wednesday, March 1st 2017, 9:22pm

@Oscar

TIL

Parking lot cleaning service? Knew you were actually Mexican.

I mean if you consider 21 casualties as something inherently Mexican then I guess I can't argue back :(
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

marbleduck

Smoked Salmon Best Salmon

(1,510)

Date of registration
: Dec 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 4:05am

@ViperFTW

Do you like math rock?

Platoon Marble Duck

Hate Mail

"you obviously don't know what an argument is as there is only one person battling. Do you really fucking think I want subs? You think you can act all big and powerful just because you sit on a computer at least 6 hours a day like the probably nerdy unwanted retard you are with 4.3k subs? You think 4.3k subs is a lot? LOL you need medicine man. I don't want any subs as i just have a google account for other media and writing comments. Think twice before you act. You even said in your video you aren't that great of a player, and the comments agree you aren't. Maybe you should once again think twice before you act, stop being such an annoying, ignorant bastard that everyone wants to shut up, and god, literally, just shut up. Your voice gave me a headache :s"

"As a youtuber shouldn't be trying to be reeling in your viewers with exciting stuff being said not your boring ass commentary for your video"

"The more you watch his vid the dumber he gets I swear he's borderline autistic look I got shot behind cover beacuase thin sheets metal are unpenetrable. Bf4 is just as quiet and tactical as bf3 random explosion in the background . Player has dissconected from chat
You started playing bf3 and never touched bfc1/2. Please do yourself a favor and shutdown your generic cod channel down"

"Nice clickb8 Faggot w8ting for your shit tier video to disable comments . Fucking newfag cancer go play some cod you activisiom cock faggot"

"I don't see why he [MarbleDuck] always tries to shit on levelcap he is better and has a million more subs...and also "there isnt a best gun in she game there are guns that are better that others at different engagement distances" yes thats true and whichever is the best/most average at all of them is the "best gun""

"Marbleduck you don't know shit lol levelcap knows more than you do you cant talk about how someone puts up garbage when you do yourself your a newcomer to YouTube acting like you know shit step up in the food chain first then you have the right to talk otherwise your just a fish trying to compete with sharks"

"Why don't we just witness "LevelCap vs MarbleDuck" One on One both on Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 seen as there is so much Controversy about the Two Youtubers"

"stfu cunt, BF3 was way better end of discussion"

"Stfu man, you're be littleing the most looked upon Battlefield Youtuber. No one cares about you, how much of an ego you have, or quite frankly your opinion. It's a fucking game.... Does it really fucking matter? Pathetic man."

"fuck you asshole, dont talk shit about total"

"Wtf is your problem? You have no subs and he has millions, yet you pick on him like some kind of stubborn, ignorant, rude child born with a silver spoon is his mouth. It's easy to do that, for example... You said there was no background noise yet there is. You say you're a fairly good player, you're not."

"please talk like a normal person and not like a professional"

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 4:27am

@marbleduck
i have the feeling he doesn't, but i do, i have one album of the giraffes?giraffes as avatar on facebook(can't remember which one) so... yeah.
these guys have almost the same guitar btw, and the voice reminds me of noisycell, but not japanase, it's quite good.(p.s.: wrong thread? wouldn't it have fit better in th emusic thread? )
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 8:43am

@ViperFTW

Do you like math rock?

My musical opinion: from what I could gather on Wikipedia, math rock uses non-standard time signatures, irregular rhythmic groupings and accenting (syncopation), lots of crossrhythms and polyrhythms, etc. Basically making what I term in music as "duration" (everything to do with rhythms and pulse) as atypical as possible.

It's certainly an interesting concept. However, from what I could see, there quite often seems to be complexity for the sake of complexity. For example: time signature is 12/4, with consistent quavers being played throughout the whole bar. The pulse is 4 crotchets + 4 crotchets + 4 crotchets. Why not just make it three bars of 4/4 then? It doesn't make sense.

Or, for example, if your pulse is 4 + 3 + 4, then instead of writing a bar in 11/4, why not just write the first bar in 4/4, then the second in 3/4, then the third in 4/4? The point of having a "complex" time signature is to allow you to be flexible with your pulse without having to write a new time signature every bar, for example, if you wanted your first bar to be 4 + 3 + 4, then your second to be 3 + 3 + 5, etc, then it would be fine to use 11/4. But if you're going to just stick to 4 + 3 + 4, then there's no reason to not use a more simple time signature.

There's also a lot more they could do to make the duration interesting. For example, you could have your guitar playing in one time signature, but have your drums be playing in another. Or maybe having the voice sing triplets, whilst the drums play quavers underneath. Or what about variations in tempo throughout the song? I don't really hear this in their songs.

It also sounds very minimalistic - taking small musical themes, and repeating them, continually changing them over time. Math rock seems to follow this idea, but translates it to rock music.

My personal non-academic opinion: I like it. It's a very nice break from all the typical head-banging kitsch that gets played everywhere.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 10:55am

For example, you could have your guitar playing in one time signature, but have your drums be playing in another

COFFrelayerbyyesCOFF

you pretty much described prog rock's "efficient complexity", math rock is indeed show off compared to a good chunk of what prog rock is defined as, but the basic idea is the same : "give a new and better sound to a stale world of music" the difference is that prog was born much earlier and had much more freedom in its ideology, to the point of considering itself a new state of music, some even dared to call it "the music of the future" but i'm pretty sure those were dumb people(and yes.... in the past that was me too, which is even dumber considering i have 20 years), so this ends up with math rock getting forced complexity as a result, or, well, at least that's the idea i got from everything, but you already know how uncultured i am.
math rock, based on my experience listening to G?G and this now, is that it is like a laid-back version of prog(in terms of composition, not at all of sound) and made also an even higher bit of pop(it's modern-day music after all), while prog, as i heard from someone before is "music to listen" i'd say math rock counts more as "music to be heard"(while most common musics are "music to be played")

it works very well as background music for when you do something like studying or running, it keeps up a good and interesting rhytm by changing it slightly every so often but never so drastically as to give you the sound of an almost different song like in prog, classical or other types of thought out musics would, add to that the smooth and gentle sounds and the fact that the basic melody is somewhat repetitive for as complex and odd it can be, and you get great background music that is still complex and engaging enough to give you concentration without ever tiring you.
i think the genre it reminds the most of is "alternative rock"(i think? i'm not sure alternative rock is what i think it is) so i'd probably make it out in my head like a more complex version of that.

i also might have just been writing a whole load of bollocks as i'm half-asleep, but i'll leave it written in the hope that it made sense.

i will listen to this specific band more anyway, i was interested in some new math rock bands after i listened everything there was from the giraffes, and i also was seeking something that would be more appreciated by the common teenager compared to something like the previously mentioned relayer from Yes (yeah, i know that because i failed with it and more obviously with tarkus)

p.s.: oh and i should stop mentioning prog every time i talk about music... hopefully getting into new genres will help with that.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "iota-09" (Mar 23rd 2017, 11:01am)

Zer0Cod3x

Can't get a title

(1,327)

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 12:56pm

you pretty much described prog rock's "efficient complexity", math rock is indeed show off compared to a good chunk of what prog rock is defined as, but the basic idea is the same : "give a new and better sound to a stale world of music" the difference is that prog was born much earlier and had much more freedom in its ideology, to the point of considering itself a new state of music, some even dared to call it "the music of the future" but i'm pretty sure those were dumb people"

so this ends up with math rock getting forced complexity as a result

From what I gather, prog takes elements of Western classical music (generally common practice music) and applies it to a rock context.

Whilst I do admire the diversity and "innovation" (I use that term very loosely, because it's not really innovation) that prog can produce, it also makes me somewhat confused. Essentially, what prog tries to achieve is to bring aspects of intelligent music into music that is fundamentally aimed at people who are not intelligent (musically, that is). I suspect this is what brings many of these flaws I've pointed out: not just in math rock, but in also other songs that you've shown me.

The result of this is that I find that prog turns into a whole cesspool of "hip" and "cool" ideas that are thrown into the context of what is essentially pop music. New Trolls Concerto Grosso - "Let's include a bunch of violins and chord progressions because that's Baroque!" Math rock - "Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, let's include a whole bunch of weird rhythms and pulse structures!" Honestly, I find it quite ironic that music has evolved so far that including elements of classical music is considered "exotic" and has become a way to "spice it up."

Or as you put it, I find that prog rock forces and displays a veneer of complexity over what is quite honestly just a variation of pop music.

If I sound a bit cynical, I do apologise. I generally keep my personal feelings about music and analytical side separate. If I were to be perfectly honest, I actually do like prog. I'm not saying that there isn't good prog out there, I just haven't been shown it yet. Historically, George Gershwin has shown that it is certainly possible to make good music out of a fusion of styles - Classical and jazz, in this case. I would highly recommend you listen to his stuff.

And yeah, calling it "music of the future" is pretty dumb. You're literally going back to reference classical music. It's in no way the future.
something something Model 8 bestgun

How to ice an A-91

Next, wanna try adding a guy that you KNOW is bad, and just testing to see that? Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

Example: PP-2000 (god I so wanna love this gun, and yet...)

PP-2000 added. Y'know, it's not that bad....

Yes, it comes in last so far, but that is mostly because I'm making it shoot at 100m ADS - Not Moving as one of the criteria. Even then, between 50-100m Not Moving, when you include Useability, it is only 1.37% worse than the MTAR-21. Within 50m then it even beats the A-91.

Have a look, vs. the A-91 Carbine:

Using it with Muzzle Brake and Compensator is a wash in terms of overall performance. Comp is SLIGHTLY more accurate, while MB is SLIGHTLY more easy to use. Their overall scores are basically tied, with MB just ahead. I guess either can be recommended.

But... You can't be counting for the fact that it takes 9 bullets to kill at "long" range... Don't you dare tell me my A-91 is worse than a 9 BTK 650 RPM mediocre PDW.

Also. Just go heavy barrel. The recoil is low enough.

Well, technically...

Comparing a PP2K with HB and an A-91 with comp and stubby (as you suggested in an earlier post), at 50m not moving, the A-91 is only better by 4 damage per hitrate. While at 75m and 100m, surprisingly the PP2K does better than the A-91 (I'm pretty damn surprised as well).

And 10m and 50m moving the PP2K also does more damage per hitrate than the A-91. At 25m the A-91 is only better by about half a bullet's damage as well.

In addition, the PP2K has a much larger mag size and substantially less recoil. And it looks hella awesome. So comparing the A-91 to a PDW is of some worth after all, as the PP2K is better (technically, not practically) than the A-91.

Mind blown.

I... I...

*cries in a corner*

Zer0Cod3x explained it very well. If you look at the raw numbers right here on Symthic Comparison, you can see how that happened:

A-91 vs PP-2000 | BF4 Weapon Comparison | Symthic

A-91's "23%" RPM advantage only afforded it 1 extra round.

Reload times are wash.

Velocities are wash.

V-Recoil are wash (and this is HBar on PP2k vs. A-91 without).

Hipfire and ADS - Moving are better on the PP2k, but it's a PDW and not the surprising part.

The surprising part is that, as equipped (and we see above that PP2k HBar has almost same V-Recoil as A-91 without HBar so why not?), the PDW performs better at 50 - 100m than a bloody Carbine. Why?

H-Recoil Spread, 0.525 vs. 0.45, advantage PP2k.

SIPS, 42% better on the PP2k.

And here is the most important part. ADS - Not Moving Spread, 0.35 vs. 0.2, 43% improvement.

Without HBar then of course the PP2k loses, which is why when I add all the attachments together for an Overall Ranking, it would slot below the A-91. Run HBar on it, though, then... I'm sorry

@Veritable
@Zer0Cod3x
I... I...
But...
Wha...
I AM HAVING AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS IN SCHOOL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.

FUCK YOU NERDS AND YOUR FANCY NUMBERS

SEXY RUSSIAN BULLPUPS FTW.

In all seriousness, thank you both so much for giving me the numbers. I still don't want to accept them. You have led the horse to water. I still need to drink.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, March 23rd 2017, 1:16pm

@ViperFTW

Do you like math rock?

Sometimes, but I like this. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!