Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Krolman

Cannot into Rankine

(501)

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 11:31am

At what point in a person's life should they get a significant other?
Apparently we do have a facebook... You should go ahead and like it

Oh look and a twitter... Yeah follow us there too pls

If only people would talk back it wouldn't be so lonely.[In B4 I get overwhelmed]

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides, Bacchae

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."- Harlan Ellison

Things that I support

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

intel best ethernet controllers

ammo regen pls

TL;DR: all vehicles in BF4 are screwed up in some way or another.

I know I shouldn't be surprised that something like that even exists but.... 8|

You're just a spreadsheet baddie.

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 11:48am

when they meet one they think they could stay with for pretty much ever.

it's not like you can say "that girl looks cute, k i'll marry her"

or maybe you can... but don't expect a satisfying result.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 7:52pm

My mother is having shit luck with cars... My fathers car has electric seats and blatantly refuse to move forward enough for her to reach the pedals so she's just sitting there dangling her legs.. Her own car is making a scraping sound from the front wheels, but never when I drive it. I just took it for a 20 minute joyride doing all kinds of shit to it and it was completely silent the whole time :>

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 9:29pm

Not going to put a number on it but single+virgin at 23 probably isn't a good place to be.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,568)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 9:53pm

Not going to put a number on it but single+virgin at 23 probably isn't a good place to be.

Doesn't it depend on person tho? There are some people who honestly seem to be happy being single and stuff. Of course clear majority would like to have somebody special in their lives, but imho better just 'let it happen if it happens' instead of forcing anything :v.

Speaking of which: Wonder why dating services have such bad stigma. If they use right statistical methods and have proven to be better than random sampling from localized group (ie. where you meet other people naturally), then they should benefit everyone. Big dating service would offer much larger set of suggestions, offer more info in convenient format and offer statistically sound suggestions. I guess they have so many 'troll'-accounts and people adding untruthful info about themselves it breaks the system, but never paid attention to this.

I guess we just need few more years to gain methods to model humen brains accurately enough and show how simple things like "emotions" and "feelings" are. I am honestly looking forward to those definitions and formulas :v
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 10:24pm

Doesn't it depend on person tho? There are some people who honestly seem to be happy being single and stuff.

https://youtu.be/0rWunrNejmA?t=46s

Sorry but I can't remember how to embed youtube videos...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,568)

Date of registration

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 10:33pm

@Watcher-45
Oooo that was pretty much what I think, minus the negative things :D. Altho feelings might be just chemical reactions I don't see why people shouldn't 'enjoy' them (whatever that is). Evolution has done good job training our brain's basic configuration to have a ton of features at birth (eg. people learn what love feels like instead of learning to how to love).

Edit: You got it right at one point. Adding direct url is also handy for people who don't use Flash ^^
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 10:57pm

@Watcher-45
Oooo that was pretty much what I think, minus the negative things :D. Altho feelings might be just chemical reactions I don't see why people shouldn't 'enjoy' them (whatever that is). Evolution has done good job training our brain's basic configuration to have a ton of features at birth (eg. people learn what love feels like instead of learning to how to love).

Edit: You got it right at one point. Adding direct url is also handy for people who don't use Flash ^^

IDK, once I got it "embedded" it seemed like it was broken, so I went back and changed it...

I had one friend who was completely driven by the need to have a girlfriend. He went through several girlfriends in the time he was dating (maybe 5-6 girls in 2-3 years or so). In the end it cost him many of his friends, his family, and even went as far as jeopardizing his occupation.

He had this one girl he was nearly obsessed over. He was basically whipped, and no matter what current plans were going on or who he was hanging out with if she called him he'd leave. It was really pissing a lot of us off. There'd be 4 or 5 of us all hanging out, we had gone for dinner, and now we're in the back yard having a bonfire and sharing some drinks, he'd get a call, walk away to take it, then after like 20 minutes we'd go looking for him and his car would be gone. Not even a goodbye or an I'll be back.
And then we'd ask what happened, he'd say that Kelly called and wanted to hang out. What were they doing? Maybe fucking, but he told us they were just talking or watched a movie or something. We said, why doesn't he ever invite her out to hang with us if she was just bored? But he never would do that. I think I met her once for like 15 minutes because he stopped by my place quickly to drop off a book or something and she was in the passenger seat. But even so she occupied maybe 70% of his free time. It got to the point I would almost say I was jealous! She was stealing away my best friend!
And to make it worse, if he was out by her and I knew it 100%, I could blow up his phone and he would completely ignore me. If, say, I was in the middle of changing the clutch on my Jeep and he was elbows deep in grease and tools along with me, having made a commitment to help me change the clutch, his phone would go off, he'd run inside and clean up, then dash out with hardly a condolence. Was it an emergency? Was she in the hospital? Did her car just break down on the interstate? No. Just fuck everyone else, Kelly called.

When they broke up, he was incredibly depressed. We were all really worried about him and tried to cheer him up, but he was adamant of going out and meeting someone else immediately.
We all tried to have him chill out, that he shouldn't jump back into a relationship if his emotions aren't in check, that maybe instead of trying to find a girl that catches his eye and trying to make it work out, he should focus on his interests and the "right girl" will be met naturally.
But what he ended up doing was basically saying "fuck you all, I NEED a girl in my life, what I don't need is more time hanging out with all of you! If you haven't had a girlfriend you don't understand!"
So he basically renounced many lifelong friendships to chase some tail. Where is he now? I don't know. I haven't seen him in years, and neither has his family. He might be dead, committed suicide after his latest GF dropped him like a hot rock. I wouldn't be surprised, his emotions completely controlled his life.

I'm basically the exact opposite. I'm not after a girl hardly at all. I'd like a girl at some point, but I'm not going to force it to happen, especially not at great cost to myself. I just do what I do, and if I meet someone while being me, then awesome!
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Watcher-45" (May 5th 2016, 11:05pm)

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 11:04pm

@Watcher-45

eh, i see it more in amethodical way, reflecting psycology rather than chemistry and definitely not shit like faith destiny and all that crap, but to be honest, my own idea of love and person to love it's so complex in my own mind, that i would not be able to explain it(like a fuckton of things that run trough my mind, that's why i'm always terribad at explaining myself)

i mean, regarding bare chances i believe that pretty much everyone who will die of death by age will also have at least one girlfriend, but that being said, i don't think it's related to faith and stuff, just finding the right person who doesn't say "fuck that thing" to everything you like, and keep it close,not obsessively though, and that's where psycology comes in, and shit gets really complicated.
if i was in a relationship i'd probably go crazy trying to fine tune every single one of my reactions and acts(and i kind of already do that with any person i like in general: a friend,, my mother, my best friend, youtubers, a bunch of sym guys...)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "iota-09" (May 5th 2016, 11:11pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,568)

Date of registration

Thursday, May 5th 2016, 11:15pm

I just do what I do, and if I meet someone being me, then awesome!

And in case you don't meet anybody you coud try boost chances with one of those dating services :v (I knooow they sound bad, but if they work right and you tread carefully they should be all okeyish). Meeting people via natural coincidences face-to-face is so out fashion anyways </jk>. Also regarding your story: Ouchhh... I am lucky enough to have friends that do not have partners yet :v. Only one lives with his girlfriend but we still see every now and then (rate of meetings didn't change too much).

@iota-09
Brains are indeed super complex but we're slowly getting to the point where we have, theoretically, enough computing power to emulate them in practical manner. Unless brain cells somehow 'work' on quantum level we should be able to model them with mathematics accurately. However AFAIK this is just the brain-cell part of brain, and brains have all kind of hormones and transmitters and whatnot which can affect the computation of whole brain. Finally big part of what we are is due to certain configuration of brain systems, and said computational model would be completely random one.

But one day...