Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 6th 2015, 10:31pm

That's my first one. Kind of mediocre, but fun to write all the same :)

I just finished reading all of it. It's nice to see articles written by someone more familiar.

Out of curiosity, are you going to receive any compensation?

hunturk

Owner Of The World's Most Powerful Neck

(1,652)

Date of registration
: Aug 4th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, February 6th 2015, 10:38pm

I just finished reading all of it. It's nice to see articles written by someone more familiar.

Out of curiosity, are you going to receive any compensation?
Not yet, I have to write for them for a while, prove myself that kinda shit. Obviously I would rather be getting paid, but I enjoy writing and most people can't put on their CV that they wrote for a website which receives millions of hits a month. So it's all good experience really.
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, February 6th 2015, 10:54pm

Obviously I would rather be getting paid, but I enjoy writing and most people can't put on their CV that they wrote for a website which receives millions of hits a month. So it's all good experience really.

Yeah, man. Take the opportunity to get better at it and learn new shit. It can be the start of a career for all we know.

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, February 6th 2015, 11:31pm

In early career, CV merit >> money. GJ hunturk.
"Less is more? How can that be? How could less be more, that's impossible. More is more." Yngwie Malmsten
"Many bullets help." WoopsyYaya
"most rhetorically legitimate ad hominem 2015" ToTheSun!

hunturk

(1,652)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 4:04pm

In early career, CV merit >> money. GJ hunturk.
Thanks mate :)
Personally, i don't take a stance on whether or not there is a creating entity because i'm humble enough to realize, in my fucking insignificance, the concept escapes my comprehension with a lead of 9001 light years.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

IG

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 5:15pm

@ToTheSun!

Boko Haram – An Overview Of Africa’s Deadliest Terror Group | Sick Chirpse

You need to learn the art of clickbait.

hunturk

(1,652)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 7:05pm

@IG

Yeah, I do. Working on it mate, working on it.
RIP SRAW

Wadayoutalkenabeet

Oscar and Moe <3

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 9:26pm

So I brought my motorbike to a local workshop to carb it, since it was having hiccups in the 3-4k range.

The mechanic called me yesterday.
"Hey man can you come over? it's too long to explain on the phone."
Oh shit.
Turns out that the camshaft has to be replaced along with the two rockers and the valves had just about 4 times the recommended tolerance, as cheap as 650 .

Clean signature best signature

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 6:41am

So I brought my motorbike to a local workshop to carb it, since it was having hiccups in the 3-4k range.

Oh shit.
Turns out that the camshaft has to be replaced along with the two rockers and the valves had just about 4 times the recommended tolerance, as cheap as 650 .

That sucks. My Suzuki was falling on it's face around 8k and it turned out to be weak valve springs. Rebuilt the top end myself, it's not hard and the only "specialized" tool you really need is a torque wrench and a feeler gauge. Checked valve clearance and it was fine, cleaned up the valves, fit them, had the cylinders hones, and put her back together. Ran like a new machine after that.

If the cam shaft needed to be replaced that sounds like the valves have been out of spec for a long time. Camshafts are about as much of a wear item as a piston is, so short of something going wrong it should last "forever". If you are replacing rockers as well, I'd just bite the bullet and replace all of the rockers.
What kind of bike is it? Is it even worth all the $$ and work it needs? What kind of bike even uses an internal cam anymore? Everything now-a-days is overhead cam...
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Sep 5th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, February 10th 2015, 10:06am

Oh shit.

That sucks. My Suzuki was falling on it's face around 8k and it turned out to be weak valve springs. Rebuilt the top end myself, it's not hard and the only "specialized" tool you really need is a torque wrench and a feeler gauge. Checked valve clearance and it was fine, cleaned up the valves, fit them, had the cylinders hones, and put her back together. Ran like a new machine after that.

If the cam shaft needed to be replaced that sounds like the valves have been out of spec for a long time. Camshafts are about as much of a wear item as a piston is, so short of something going wrong it should last "forever". If you are replacing rockers as well, I'd just bite the bullet and replace all of the rockers.
What kind of bike is it? Is it even worth all the $$ and work it needs? What kind of bike even uses an internal cam anymore? Everything now-a-days is overhead cam...

It's a 1999 SMS 610 and it has about 27k KMs. Problem is, it's been mine for about 2k KMs and i do not know how well it was treated by the previous 4 owners. The guy that sold me the bike told me that he'd check the valves' clearance along with the new timing chain but he definitely did not. Furthemore, a little sheet of metal on top of the head that was supposed to stop liquid oil to pour out the vent wasn't actually fixed to the head (a screw was missing) so god knows for how long it had been repeatedly hitting the rockers' rollers, surely not helping with the camshaft or the valves' clearance...
In the end tho i can't just sell this bike and buy another one, due to these problems... I would really love to do the owrk myself but i don't have room for the equipment; i barely have it for the bike itself.
Clean signature best signature