Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 5:48pm

why marriage is a political subject?

Because it makes civilians think they matter and have an actual direct influence on politics.

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

• "Contortrix" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 5:50pm

It's more of a case of, what does the public care if he has an affair.

Would you compare the position of the chief of the CIA to that of a cabinet member in prestige?

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 6:03pm

why marriage is a political subject?

Because it makes civilians think they matter and have an actual direct influence on politics.

Again, this is America, not the Netherlands. In America, civilians do have major influence in politics. What do you think the elections are?

It's more of a case of, what does the public care if he has an affair.

Would you compare the position of the chief of the CIA to that of a cabinet member in prestige?

Allow me to articulate a bit.

When you're in a position like that, (Chief of the CIA, President, General, whatever) you're in a position of leadership. You need to be an example for your country's people to live by and aspire to, as well as represent out country.

If you have an affair, then that's the example you're making for the people of your country, and that's how you're representing our country.

What if the Queen of England had an affair? Would that not put England in a negative light? But no one cares if her butler has an affair, because he's a nobody. He's not a leader, not an example for people, and not a representative of the country.

That's the difference.

EDIT: Also, in America, the military is a place of great honor. By doing dishonorable actions, you dishonor the military, so it's a bigger deal for the Chief of the CIA to have an affair than for some senator to have an affair.

EDIT 2: Here's a really good example of how much importance honor is held in.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Souperintendent" (Nov 15th 2012, 6:09pm)

Contortrix

Professional Ninja

(507)

• "Contortrix" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 6:10pm

lol. The prince is infamous for all the hijinx he pulls, but I doubt a lot of people really care

theaha

(1,051)

Date of registration
: Jul 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 6:12pm

EDIT: Also, in America, the military is a place of great honor. By doing dishonorable actions, you dishonor the military, so it's a bigger deal for the Chief of the CIA to have an affair than for some senator to have an affair.
The Director of the CIA is a civilian post. Before taking over as the director he was honorably discharged. The difference between him and a senator is that one was elected and the other was approved by the people we vote for but they are both civilian posts.
----------------------------
<Haemoglobin> I was like LOLOLOLOL HERE COMES THE PAIN
----------------------------
<J0hn> if it's a computer, i touch it... professionally
---------------------------

Souperintendent

Does NOT represent Symthic

(312)

• "Souperintendent" has been banned

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 6:18pm

The Director of the CIA is a civilian post. Before taking over as the director he was honorably discharged. The difference between him and a senator is that one was elected and the other was approved by the people we vote for but they are both civilian posts.

Well the CIA is like semi-military, so that's sort of what I mean.

feci.

Quotes of the Ages:

Also, sad day when your phone corrects FAMAS to be in caps. Damn it.

That's not bad. My phone corrected "lets deforest Caspian Boarder" into "Lets de-foreskin Asians".... I think my phone is a racist pervert....

I would start singing Disney, but then I would be led on a path of destruction, eventually ending up with a boyfriend who is actually a skull with Macaroni and cheese.

a la Miley Cyrus

An edit by Auto in response to a couple of images of dead Union soldiers from the US Civil War:
Not what Auto wanted to see whilst eating his breakfast.... Put me off my cheerios dammit:/

God I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a bust of Sigmund Freud :D
Fucking hell!

Pandemic 2 made me hate Madagascar more than any other country in the world.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 6:19pm

Pfff, I could ask why 30 odd different things matter in the bliddy States. Honestly I could do that for most places, even here.
I've just given myself the answer 'Because some people', given up and gone back on Borderlands :D

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Red Cold River by Breaking Benjamin!

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 7:46pm

EDIT 2: Here's a really good example of how much importance honor is held in.

This is one thing I just find ridiculous... Yes, honor the fallen soldiers, but being this fanatical about it.. Seriously? US army is filled with robot drilling, and these have gone way way too far...

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 8:02pm

Thread not needed.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.