Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 16th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 10:37pm

A better monitor would be nice, but:
- It would most likely reduce performance, which on its turn would require me to buy another/a better GPU
- I've got my PC standing in a sort-of cabinet, my current screen just barely fits in the cabinet so an upgrade would made me have to rebuild the whole damn thing

But realistically speaking, how big would the improvement be if I would get an i5?

I'm about to buy a cheapo monitor and I found one with the same resolution as yours. How does BF3 look on a lower resolution display?

Cheapnub

Unregistered

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 10:39pm

- It would most likely reduce performance, which on its turn would require me to buy another/a better GPU
- I've got my PC standing in a sort-of cabinet, my current screen just barely fits in the cabinet so an upgrade would made me have to rebuild the whole damn thing

But realistically speaking, how big would the improvement be if I would get an i5?

I'm about to buy a cheapo monitor and I found one with the same resolution as yours. How does BF3 look on a lower resolution display?

Hard for me to judge, as I've been using this monitor for about 8 years straight..I don't know any better

I've completely adepted to it, and for me it plays flawlessly. But I simply don't know what it's like to have a bigass 5000x5000 resolution monitor, so I can't compare.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(798)

• "Riesig" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, November 26th 2012, 5:00am

BF3 wise, i3 2100 vs i5 something? Not much.

On monitors, it's better to keep between 19-24" anything smaller, you'd miss out on minute details, anything larger, you'd not see "the bigger picture", creating a smaller physical FOV because our eyes suck.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:01am

On monitors, it's better to keep between 19-24" anything smaller, you'd miss out on minute details, anything larger, you'd not see "the bigger picture", creating a smaller physical FOV because our eyes suck.

Hard for me to judge, as I've been using this monitor for about 8 years straight..I don't know any better

I've completely adepted to it, and for me it plays flawlessly. But I simply don't know what it's like to have a bigass 5000x5000 resolution monitor, so I can't compare.

What resolution is the monitor you have right now? I mean 1920x1080 is, for the most part, as large a resolution a monitor is going to be set. As far has performance, screen(physical) size doesn't matter at all. Its all about what res you set bf3 to.

in my opinion a monitor is a very good upgrade. brightness/contrast. dynamic range, refresh rate, a faster gtg time and the good things a monitor brings that don't cost performance.

I have a 25(24.3'') and I can't imagine playing on anything all to much bigger. I'm all ready to far enough away from my monitor then i should be at times lol.

I saw you say something about putting in another drive. Take a look at SSD's Price is dropping fast for them. I recently made the jump on one. Its an insane boost.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Riesig

(798)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 6:48am

Element, my lulz pic shows a red SSD that's out of place. DAMN YOU CORSAIR!
I'm a tsundere tentacle

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 9:44am

<- failz. Thats what i get for skiming threw threads and not always reading everything. BUT i did notice your impressive cooling.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

Riesig

(798)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:49pm

I can barely go below 65C on that thing while Prime95'ing my i5 2500.

It damn sucks. DeepCool Tiger Shark FTL. I'd rather go back in time and buy a CoolerMaster X6 or Hyper212 Evo (But mounting sucks bawls real hard, right Pheo?)
I'm a tsundere tentacle

InternationalGamer

Always trust a Tork!

(1,364)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:46pm

I want more PC $wag for my PC...

Y U NO SIDE WINDOW CASE D:

Riesig

(798)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:59pm

I can get mine modded... for <10$
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 7:30pm

I can barely go below 65C on that thing while Prime95'ing my i5 2500.

It damn sucks. DeepCool Tiger Shark FTL. I'd rather go back in time and buy a CoolerMaster X6 or Hyper212 Evo (But mounting sucks bawls real hard, right Pheo?)

It wasn't that bad. I'm trying to justify a watercooling loop. Hmm. Must overclock to 4.7GHz and see temps.