Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2018

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, January 26th 2018, 1:13am

Router Question

So, I've been playing a lot of MMORPGs and multiplayer games lately. To cut to the chase, my ping isn't doing very well and I'm out of options on what might be the cause of the higher than normal ping. I'm currently playing at around 90-120 in local servers, which is odd.

I recently found this list of "gaming" routers and I'm wondering if they do affect ping? Currently I'm just using the one that my ISP provided when they installed my internet.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, January 26th 2018, 8:59pm

So, I've been playing a lot of MMORPGs and multiplayer games lately. To cut to the chase, my ping isn't doing very well and I'm out of options on what might be the cause of the higher than normal ping. I'm currently playing at around 90-120 in local servers, which is odd.

I recently found this list of "gaming" routers and I'm wondering if they do affect ping? Currently I'm just using the one that my ISP provided when they installed my internet.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Post merged and enabled.

I actually have the Asus router that is listed on that page, it has worked great for the last year or so by this point. Hardware probably isn't the issue here though, I really doubt you'll be looking at a significant increase in connection quality just due to replacing it unless your current router is 5+ years old.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 2:48pm

It's around 3 or 4 years old now. I'm not sure if that counts, but it's looking pretty banged up now. Thanks for the input though, I'll try to call the company and see if they can do a line test or replace the old hardware. Thanks! :)