Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2018

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, January 26th 2018, 1:13am

Router Question

So, I've been playing a lot of MMORPGs and multiplayer games lately. To cut to the chase, my ping isn't doing very well and I'm out of options on what might be the cause of the higher than normal ping. I'm currently playing at around 90-120 in local servers, which is odd.

I recently found this list of "gaming" routers and I'm wondering if they do affect ping? Currently I'm just using the one that my ISP provided when they installed my internet.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, January 26th 2018, 8:59pm

So, I've been playing a lot of MMORPGs and multiplayer games lately. To cut to the chase, my ping isn't doing very well and I'm out of options on what might be the cause of the higher than normal ping. I'm currently playing at around 90-120 in local servers, which is odd.

I recently found this list of "gaming" routers and I'm wondering if they do affect ping? Currently I'm just using the one that my ISP provided when they installed my internet.

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Post merged and enabled.

I actually have the Asus router that is listed on that page, it has worked great for the last year or so by this point. Hardware probably isn't the issue here though, I really doubt you'll be looking at a significant increase in connection quality just due to replacing it unless your current router is 5+ years old.

Date of registration
: Jan 18th 2018

Battlelog:

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 2:48pm

It's around 3 or 4 years old now. I'm not sure if that counts, but it's looking pretty banged up now. Thanks for the input though, I'll try to call the company and see if they can do a line test or replace the old hardware. Thanks! :)

Date of registration
: Nov 30th 2016

Battlelog:

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 12:51pm

I am wondering how to change my internet IP address as someone is DDOS attacking me on a daily basis. what tool can help?

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 6:51pm

I am wondering how to change my internet IP address as someone is DDOS attacking me on a daily basis. what tool can help?
If you have dynamic IP you can force it to change by changing your MAC adress via free tool (simply change any digit). If you have static IP you need to ask your ISP to change it.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Nov 30th 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 11:39am

Can vpn or proxy helps in this case? I get used to free vpn but it seems such kind of vpn is worthless and the speed is horrible. I read that proxy https://buy.fineproxy.org/eng can help to hide the IP address. Maybe I should try it.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "JakeSmith" (May 18th 2018, 9:29am)

Watcher-45

He's watching...

(758)

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 7:31am

Upgrade recommendations?

The time has come to invest in a (some) new GPU(s). My GTX670 cards have served me well but I feel like they're getting a little tired and will leave me much to be desired for the upcoming generation of games. IIRC I built this PC for BF3 and it wasn't really top of the line then. It does fine for most games, but some resource heavy games I can't even run on High (I've been having a particularly rough time with a heavily modded Fallout4).

Forgive my ignorance, but for the past several builds I've been buying most of my components second hand from a friend of mine. This last build I got everything new except for the GPUs, which were his hand-me-downs, but I'm across the whole country from him now (and haven't talked to him in some time) so I'm basically on my own. Now I find I'm a bit out of the loop and even more over my head. Hopefully you all can help me a little here.

I don't want to invest a ton of money into a new system, especially since games aren't as big of a part of my life anymore, so I want to stick with my current foundation and just get some cards (and a PSU if I have to). Here's what I'm working with currently:

Intel Core i5 3570k 3.40GHz
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1330mHz DDR3
EVGA Z77 FTW
Corsair HX850
(2) EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB in SLi

I like EVGA, I wouldn't be opposed to another SLi setup (seems to me it's a good way to get a few more years out of underperforming cards), and ideally I'd like to spend around $300 all said and done (but I'm willing to spend as much as $500 if it's "necessary").

Looking to be able to play Fallout 76 on at least High, I'll probably be getting into the next Battlefield, and I'd like to be able to keep stacking mods on top of mods for FO4 and SkySE. Any recommendations? Please and thank you.
All bike, all the time!

Spoiler Spoiler

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 12:26pm

For now: wait. The GTX 20XX generation is about to launch later this year (2070 and 2080 initially IIRC). This would give you access to a new top of the line GPU or at least lead to lower prices for the 10XX series.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

yugas42

(1,387)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Sunday, August 5th 2018, 7:02am

@Watcher-45

Thread merged.

Watcher-45

He's watching...