Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Thursday, October 19th 2017, 1:07am

Keep in mind that a hybrid drive will only help launch a game quickly if it was the last game you played, as that is the info that is stored in flash memory. If you find yourself switching games often, it may not be very much benefit.

@botafogo4life

Was also informed when building my new PC, from anecdotal evidence, that hybrids are not really all that much faster than a fast hard disk and a tad less reliable overall. Depends on the longevity of the thing though I suppose :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Somewhere Beyond Seas by Varathron!

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Friday, October 20th 2017, 3:22am

I bought that one (a lower storage version) and no complaints so far.

I have no experience with the pro but I wouldn't say it's worth it unless you have a super high resolution TV.

Ok, I certainly don't have a SHDTV... Hell, my PS4 doesn't even work on my big-screen TV, so I left my PS3 hooked up to it and moved the PS4 to my bedroom...

So maybe I can get away with just buying the 1 TB version? About how many games is that good for?

yugas42

(1,359)

Date of registration
: Sep 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, October 20th 2017, 6:17am

I bought that one (a lower storage version) and no complaints so far.

I have no experience with the pro but I wouldn't say it's worth it unless you have a super high resolution TV.

Ok, I certainly don't have a SHDTV... Hell, my PS4 doesn't even work on my big-screen TV, so I left my PS3 hooked up to it and moved the PS4 to my bedroom...

So maybe I can get away with just buying the 1 TB version? About how many games is that good for?

1TB vs 2TB is entirely down to how much game storage you want. Your games will be the same size regardless of what TV you use.