Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 6:21pm

@yugas42

Does that mean CCleaner has been totally nuked or is it still trustworthy?

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Raging Spectra by Drastus!

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Saturday, September 23rd 2017, 7:52pm

Quick question:
I have the feeling that my old 8GB of DDR3 RAM won't quite cut it anymore in the current/upcoming hardware situation.

My Asus Z-79-P isn't fit for DDR4 though, and I don't quite want to set up my PC anew anytime soon. Any recommendations for a DDR3 brand? Plan was 2x8GB.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,073)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, September 23rd 2017, 11:13pm

@yugas42

I think if you download the newest one from the official site, you should be fine. It wasn't the real publishers of CCleaner who did naughties, it was some hackers who apparently managed to infect it at some point

@Zormau
I think G.Skill is appreciated brand, but personally I have just gone with whatever is cheaper with reasonable specs. I don't believe it affects much which brand you choose if they share similar latencies and clockrates. Not sure if you are getting whole 2x8GB kit new or adding another 8GB, but if latter then you should probably get same-ish brand/clockrate/latency.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

ViperFTW

Suidae cathexis

(2,737)

Date of registration
: Jul 1st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 12:05am

@yugas42

I think if you download the newest one from the official site, you should be fine. It wasn't the real publishers of CCleaner who did naughties, it was some hackers who apparently managed to infect it at some point

Cool beans. Thanks :)

Everybody's Favourite Worthless Support and LMG Fan! :thumbsup:

Song currently stuck in my head is: Raging Spectra by Drastus!

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 12:01pm

I think G.Skill is appreciated brand, but personally I have just gone with whatever is cheaper with reasonable specs. I don't believe it affects much which brand you choose if they share similar latencies and clockrates. Not sure if you are getting whole 2x8GB kit new or adding another 8GB, but if latter then you should probably get same-ish brand/clockrate/latency.

Thanks. My current 2x4GB are G.Skill 1600 I think, but I've had problems with them once or twice in the past (probably due to old age...) so I think I'll just get two new 8GB sticks with maybe 2133 or 2400MHz and be done with it. Should be compatible with my Z-97P (Z97-P | Motherboards | ASUS Global)
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 5:09pm

@yugas42

@Zormau

The payload is apparently looking pretty characteristic of some (possibly governmental) hacker groups. Honestly a pretty smart target given how often CCleaner ended up on semi-protected machines. My workpace IT guy puts it on all images for eg. Something I would never do mind but there you have it.

I think it's generally indicative that Avast just does not have their shit together though. If they cannot protect their own assets, how are they going to protect me?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, September 24th 2017, 5:17pm

Thanks. My current 2x4GB are G.Skill 1600 I think, but I've had problems with them once or twice in the past (probably due to old age...) so I think I'll just get two new 8GB sticks with maybe 2133 or 2400MHz and be done with it. Should be compatible with my Z-97P (Z97-P | Motherboards | ASUS Global)

The brand of RAM sticks really doesn't matter.

Only a handful of companies are RAM manufacturers, the rest are just assemblers (they buy the modules and mount them to PCB).

I generally just end up buying Crucial/Micron most of the time.

G.skills does have a well deserved reputation of putting together nice modules though.