Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,795)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Monday, August 8th 2016, 8:23pm

snip

Antec P180/P182 etc? I've had one for maybe 10 years now and the rest of the family got them as well after they saw it, love it.

Lots of room, extremely quiet and good cooling with dust filters plus complete cable management.. Can barely see any cables in my cases

I guess the current successor is called P183 V3

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Dec 23rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 7:47am

@Aenonar
Comparing the P183v3 to the R5, P183s interior looks clunky and outdated with those odd cages and unpainted interior, i like its front panel though. Also the Antec costs 30-40 more and is quite a bit heavier (not that weight matters to me in reality). Positive airflow is something to consider too, very easily achievable in the R5 and in my present case.
Where flesh fails, machine endures.

Date of registration
: Jul 20th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 7:43pm

The only part of your computer that your Operating System is associated with is the storage device it has been installed on. It's not like they will deactivate your Windows license if you take a hard drive that already has Win10 (and other files on it too probably) and install it in a different computer, because software-wise it's still the same computer.

that's not how it works. in fact, if you take your hard drive with windows 10 on it, and put it into a different computer, windows 10 WILL be deactivated.

microsoft checks for a list of hardware changes to decide if they require you to reactivate your windows license. if enough hardware changes accumulate, they deactivate your license. hard drive happens to be the least important factor, which is why you can safely clone your windows installations onto another hard drive for use in your own computer, as long as both installations are not booted up at the same time.

your windows license WILL deactivate if it detects a significant hardware change, which generally involves a motherboard change. this applies even if you switch to the exact make and model motherboard as you had before.

also, windows 10 DOES allow you to move your license (you need to have the anniversary edition installed): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help…hardware-change

LucidNonsenze

Elite (Not Really)

(708)

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 8:52pm

The only part of your computer that your Operating System is associated with is the storage device it has been installed on. It's not like they will deactivate your Windows license if you take a hard drive that already has Win10 (and other files on it too probably) and install it in a different computer, because software-wise it's still the same computer.

that's not how it works. in fact, if you take your hard drive with windows 10 on it, and put it into a different computer, windows 10 WILL be deactivated.

microsoft checks for a list of hardware changes to decide if they require you to reactivate your windows license. if enough hardware changes accumulate, they deactivate your license. hard drive happens to be the least important factor, which is why you can safely clone your windows installations onto another hard drive for use in your own computer, as long as both installations are not booted up at the same time.

your windows license WILL deactivate if it detects a significant hardware change, which generally involves a motherboard change. this applies even if you switch to the exact make and model motherboard as you had before.

also, windows 10 DOES allow you to move your license (you need to have the anniversary edition installed): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help…hardware-change
As far as I'm aware it ties some kind of code to your motherboard, but you can swap CPU/GPU/RAM with no problems.

Signature

BF4, PC.

AMD FX8350 at 4.4GHz.
AMD R9 280x MSI Twin Frozr OC'ed to 1150MHz Core. 1700MHz Memory.
8GB Crucial RAM 1600MHz CL9-9-9-24 1T.
1TB 7200 RPM HD
Logitech G400 mouse.
MSI 990 series motherboard
1920 x 1080 IPS Monitor.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 7:26pm

I got a partial solution for me hating my noisy PC, moving it to another room. But, how do I do it? Long-ass extensions for HDMI, audio and usb? What's the signal degradation like, input lag? Is there like a single-cable solution with a hub at the desk end?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 8:06pm

Is there like a single-cable solution with a hub at the desk end?

if your system supports thunderbolt 3, then yes.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 9:07pm

Is there like a single-cable solution with a hub at the desk end?

if your system supports thunderbolt 3, then yes.

I've got the MSI Z97 gaming 5 motherboard, so im guessing no?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 9:22pm

Personal Rig Update 2015 Part 4 - My new gaming PC is done!! - YouTube

you can do what linus did, with a thunderbolt 3 expansion card and hub.

it's gonna cost you though.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 7:55am

Personal Rig Update 2015 Part 4 - My new gaming PC is done!! - YouTube

you can do what linus did, with a thunderbolt 3 expansion card and hub.

it's gonna cost you though.

250 for the hub, 100 for expansion card and atleast 50 for the cable.
I think I'll pass on that one...

How about the regular extension cables? I need maybe 10 meters.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 9:47am

How about the regular extension cables? I need maybe 10 meters.

the maximum length for USB 2.0 cable appears to be around 5 meters. you can get around this issue with active powered hubs, or even active repeater cables. however, certain devices operate under strict timing requirements and may not function correctly.

you'll also have consider similar length restrictions for things like DVI cables (4.5 meters for 1920x1200 to work). again, you can get around this with repeaters.

so theoretically, you CAN do this, but it'll likely look very ugly. with the added costs of these specialty cables/hubs/repeaters, the thunderbolt 3 solution may actually end up being more economical, not to mention cleaner.